Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Theres no proof that they are reusing Starlord's face for Bucky. All we've seen is an image thats too small to pick out fine details on the characters. Until we get high-res photos we know nothing of the face print for sure.

We got official, higher-res pictures.

http://brickset.com/article/18530/official-captain-america-civil-war-images-revealed

Edited by Aegis2000

Theres no proof that they are reusing Starlord's face for Bucky. All we've seen is an image thats too small to pick out fine details on the characters. Until we get high-res photos we know nothing of the face print for sure.

No it's definitely Star Lord. Only unmasked Cap, Falcon, Black Panther and Crossbones have new faces. Unsure on Iron Man, War Machine or Agent 13

This new images proved that Lego didn't put their best efforts in making CW sets! I mean these sets could have been great but they look pathetic! 2 smallest sets have jeep and jet in them and these vehicles aren't even worth building in my opinion. Just build minifigs and use pieces for Mocs. The only redeeming thing about Airport set is Giant Man! The other builds are really unnecessary. Now I don't even think I will buy either of these sets until they go on sale, since they are only good for minifigs. And since these sets are released in March at the same time as Ninjago , which has a great line of sets compared to superheroes , I will probably end up buying Ninjago sets instead, which sucks because Superheroes theme is my second favorite Lego line. I hope that at least Doctor Strange set is good, since CW sets are a huge letdown!

Well guys, you can't ignore the fact that we finally got Black Panther, and Giant-Man looks good,

But i gotta admit with some of it, could've done more on Cap's side, Boot printing would've been nice, Agent 13 will be a throw-away, and the re-use of Star Lords face is not that great.

i don't see the need for leg printing on Black Panther, he doesn't have a lot of printing on his legs anyway and he would look too overdetailed.

The figs that do need leg printing are:

- Falcon

- Cap

- Does Wanda have leg printing?

So overall, while some things could've been better, it's not too bad! But i'm most excited for that rumored 4th set! it has so much potential at the moment!

I'm really excited for these sets. I don't know why so many people have so many problems with them. Perhaps you all need to lower your expectations a bit. I'm not sure what you all expect from the Super Hero line. Yes it's more vehicles but really what else can they make? A bunch of half built buildings or street corners? Plus let's not forget that there are Civil War sets despite not getting any Winter Solider sets, a step in the right direction. And in only 3 sets we're getting 8 new minifigs/reprints. Plus a micro Ant-Man and amazingly brick built Giant-Man. They fixed Scarlett Witch and War Machine, gave Captain America a better possibly new head piece, and put, albeit a used, Black Widow in the cheapest set. Plus I like them adding Agent 13 because she was a great part of Winter Solider and will probably have a significant role in the new movie as well. Plus no one seems to care it's a new female figure (like what Marvel said they would do) despite last year so many people discussing the lack of female figures. But now all people seem to care about is another Hawkeye and another Vision because "LEGO did the first one wrong."

I definitely feel this is one of the strongest and smallest waves of Super Hero sets put out. LEGO listened to our earlier complaints, fixed them and gave us what we wanted. It's fine to have some gripes about the new sets because they are not perfect but it's the same every wave "I can't wait for the new sets." *sees new sets* "Well these all suck. The next sets hopefully will be better" and repeat and repeat.

Is that wishful thinking or am i seeing arm printing on unmasked Cap? It's kinda hard to make out as the pics are too low in resolution/quality.

Edit: I have a fear it might be the reflection...

Edited by KCMatze

Is that wishful thinking or am i seeing arm printing on unmasked Cap? It's kinda hard to make out as the pics are too low in resolution/quality.

Nope, it's just the low quality making it look like that. I hope I'm wrong though.

I would go on record to say the Airport Battle is the best Marvel set to date. I think all 3 main builds are great and that the selection of figs is excellent. The only downsides for now are that the quinjet isn't quite up to par with a ship like the Milano and some minifigs could use better printing. This set seems like it'd be a great introduction to the superhero theme though if anyone was ever interested in getting in.

The other two sets leave much to be desired though. I've gotta rank the panther jet as my least favorite even if Panther was my most anticipated fig.

I would go on record to say the Airport Battle is the best Marvel set to date. I think all 3 main builds are great and that the selection of figs is excellent. The only downsides for now are that the quinjet isn't quite up to par with a ship like the Milano and some minifigs could use better printing. This set seems like it'd be a great introduction to the superhero theme though if anyone was ever interested in getting in.

The other two sets leave much to be desired though. I've gotta rank the panther jet as my least favorite even if Panther was my most anticipated fig.

I agree with you about the Super Hero Airport Battle. It looks fantastic, the tower looks like a very good build, and of course....Giant Man! The Quinjet looks pretty good, with the rifts in its armor, even if we haven't seen the source material. The minifigure selection is stupendous, especially for that price set, and with new variations of characters that are mostly improvements, such as War Machine and Scarlet Witch, and new character Agent 13, the set does not leave much to be desired, unlike its counterparts. I personally like the Crossbones Hazard Heist and the Black Panther Pursuit, but they could be a bit more fullfilling.

Edit: Milano has to be my top favorite Marvel set, if not a close second! So the ship isn't exactly on par, especially if the majority of the inside is used for the lowering rope winch.

Eh, why not.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Summer 2016 sets list (that I know of)

76057 Web Warriors Bridge Duel

76058 Ghost Rider Team-Up

76059 Doc-Ock's Tentacle Trap

76067 [Civil War 4?]

And yes, I'll get to other themes soon. Don't blow up my inbox. :grin:

Edited by just2good

Eh, why not.

76057 Web Warriors Bridge Duel

76058 Ghost Rider Team-Up

76059 Doc-Ock's Tentacle Trap

Web Warriors... that can only mean... more Spider-Man varients! :excited:

Web Warriors... that can only mean... more Spider-Man varients! :excited:

Oh my gosh! My thoughts exactly!

Also, another year, another "Team-up."

And do we really need another Doc Ock set? :sceptic:

Thanks just2good!

Also, the smallest set is called "bridge duel." I have a feeling well only get a partial bridge given the size, nothing like this one: http://brickset.com/sets/4852-1/Spider-Man-vs-Green-Goblin-The-final-showdown. Plus given that the Ghist Rider one is above it, and I believe someone said it'd be about $30, I wouldn't expect this to be too big, maybe the only "bridge" part is the background?

But who could the other web warrior be? Lego has done well giving us new variants of characters such as Iron Man and Spidey as of late. Is his team in USM called the "web warriors?"

Edited by Aegis2000

Also, the smallest set is called "bridge duel." I have a feeling well only get a partial bridge given the size, nothing like this one:

But who could the other web warrior be? Lego has done well giving us new variants of characters such as Iron Man and Spidey as of late. Is his team in USM called the "web warriors?"

In both the Spider-Verse comic and the Ultimate Spider-Man show, "Web Warriors" refers to Peter's Spider-Army.

(Sorry, really geeking out right now... huge Spidey fan :blush:)

Edited by Sir Gareth

Well, Bridge Duel is a BIG set, $100ish. So it's gonna have more than one of the Web Warrior team, right?

In both the Spider-Verse comic and the Ultimate Spider-Man show, "Web Warriors" refers to Peter's Spider-Army.

(Sorry, really geeking out right now... huge Spidey fan :blush:)

No no, I am too! I love Spidey! I just don't watch the show (a bit too young for me) and I have the Spider-verse on my Marvel wish list! I have to get around to it.

Edited by Aegis2000

Well, Bridge Duel is a BIG set, $100ish. So it's gonna have more than one of the Web Warrior team, right?

BIG... $100ish... forget the Civil War sets, this is what I've been waiting for! Fingers crossed for Spider-Man Noir and 2099 :excited:

Say what now?!!!!! It better be the entire Brooklyn Bridge for that price! That'd be the biggest Marvel set to date! (Not a D2C) It better be a whole lot of Spider-men!

BIG... $100ish... forget the Civil War sets, this is what I've been waiting for! Fingers crossed for Spider-Man Noir and 2099 :excited:

Yes, this!