Sign in to follow this  
Full Plate

[MOC] The Stone Shack

Hello!

A small shack I made as a home for one of my son's "flying guys" (essentially a minifig with wings attached). The house had to be high up so only he could reach it, and with no roads going there. Between the choices of treehouse and house on a cliff, I chose the latter, for simplicity's sake, although the thought of building a treehouse sounds like a lot of fun. So here it is; The Stone Shack. After it was finished and I had taken the photos, my son asked me why there was a fence there, since the guy could fly. Good point... Oh well :wink:

This is my first time trying to make a "greeble wall" and also making walls and roof with strange angles. I've seen really excellent examples of this here at EB, so I wanted to try some techniques to do it. I found it quite a challenge, even in a small build like this, and especially mounting the roof was a pain. But hopefully I've learnt something from it.

For some reason, which I can't put my finger on, I'm not really happy with how the greenery turned out. Maybe it's too similar to what I've done before and it is starting to feel generic. Time to try something new perhaps :classic:

18067523562_34c5bd5b06_c.jpg

17450373493_33996d7921_z.jpg

17450384313_b484efdc1f_c.jpg

17883011228_f63ac855e0_c.jpg

17883020908_86361a9ed0_z.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the build! C and C is always welcome :classic:

I really like the overall shape of this, the dense folliage looks nice and the roof and balcony are superb! The walls may be a bit too 'greebled', but look quite good. Great build!

Very cool, love how the (for lack of a better word) patio gets narrower. Love those railings too.

Excellent job my friend, very detailed MOC, keep it up. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

I like the detail in the shack though I feel the rock work doesn't match. Overall great job.

Excellent! I really like how you made the roof. Moreover the texturing of the wall and the vegetation is very nice, too :classic: