Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Pirates Thread at Lego.com

Has anybody ever visited the "Of Pirates and Imperial Guard" thread on the Lego.com discussion boards?

If anybody cares, heres a link: http://boards.lego.com/discussions/partici...101d8e74b3559d8

Hideous message boards! To begin with you've got to manually sort the posts EVERY visit so you can see the latest posts. And since its a "kiddie" message board each post has to pass through a moderator before its submitted. This usually takes between 3-5 days for them to update the new posts, but once it took over 4 weeks. They won't accept any external links no matter how relevant and informative to the topic.

Just to be annoying every few days I copy and paste a dosen messages I've got stored in a Word document then check back in another few days and see how many of them made it through. And if they don't make it through I keep on resubmitting them till they do. Eventually one moderator must get sick of seeing the same message over and over and cave in.

Anyone else checked it out before?

Poor moderators :-D

If they're going to filter out or edit certain posts they might as well do a better job. They've edited and rejected some of my more factual posts from time to time.

However they've accepted posts unrelated to the topic and once they even accept posts between two people having a verbal dispute unrelated to the topic. They are indeed useless!

And since its a "kiddie" message board each post has to pass through a moderator before its submitted. This usually takes between 3-5 days for them to update the new posts, but once it took over 4 weeks. They won't accept any external links no matter how relevant and informative to the topic.

That sucks :(

That sucks :(

It certainly does! So I set about finding another Lego Message Board and then I found this one!

That's a horrible board.

Agreed! If only we could tell everyone who posts there this one is a better one, but of course the moderators wouldn't approve of that! However I'm going to try anyway!

It's so stupid, they don't allow real facts but they allow a lot of stupid off topic discussion, it's just bull. Eurobricks should become the official LEGO Discussion thread.

It's so stupid, they don't allow real facts but they allow a lot of stupid off topic discussion, it's just bull. Eurobricks should become the official LEGO Discussion thread.

It should, however some of the people there are quite young and oblivious to how crap it is. Then again there are some older ones there that are a bit stupid too.

Yes I've been there long long ago, It was such a bad board, like you said, your posts need to go thorugh a group of moderaters and that can take verrryyy long, besides, that of imperial guards and pirates was no interesting topic at all! Again I say it, We want pirates back, and LEGO probarly knows that, they should be nice and create us a proper pirate line!!!!!!

Has anybody ever visited the "Of Pirates and Imperial Guard" thread on the Lego.com discussion boards?

If anybody cares, heres a link: http://boards.lego.com/discussions/partici...101d8e74b3559d8

Hideous message boards! To begin with you've got to manually sort the posts EVERY visit so you can see the latest posts. And since its a "kiddie" message board each post has to pass through a moderator before its submitted. This usually takes between 3-5 days for them to update the new posts, but once it took over 4 weeks. They won't accept any external links no matter how relevant and informative to the topic.

Just to be annoying every few days I copy and paste a dosen messages I've got stored in a Word document then check back in another few days and see how many of them made it through. And if they don't make it through I keep on resubmitting them till they do. Eventually one moderator must get sick of seeing the same message over and over and cave in.

Anyone else checked it out before?

You must have too much free time Mr Phes :-).

AHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAH HAGAGAAAAAAAAA!!!

Being a full time university student with two jobs leaves a lot of free time...

I know what you mean Mr. Phes. Was just joking :-D

Having myself 2 jobs (1 week and 1 weekend) AND a girlfriend ....

My spare time seems to be spent making this wonderful forum and occassionally putting myself into suitations where I'm not longer sober.

Been there, done that, didn't care for it.

It's mostly for kids saying:

OMG, EF rules, wanna be my buddy? Loooooooooooooooooolllll (followed by every smilie on the board)

It's plain old fashion LAME...

A university student from 99 years old?? that's interesting...

As I guess you know Mr. Phes I was on those boards for quite a long time...Until I saw the light :-D I found Classic-Castle and EB one day and I'm like OMG! That was the end of the Lego message boards for me...

I admit though that is where I got started with my "forum life", so I have to give it something for that. Also it's pretty safe, so parents don't have to worry, and the kids there seem to have fun.

Let's just think of it this way: It is full of future Eurobrickers X-D

Ahhhhhh Conductor Joe I remember our Pirate LEGO discussions on the LEGO.com forums. Back in the days before Eurobricks when I had nowhere else to discuss the beloved theme.

Time passed and almost 3 years later I'm largely responsible for this pirate forum... So things got better for me :-D

Ahhhhhh Conductor Joe I remember our Pirate LEGO discussions on the LEGO.com forums. Back in the days before Eurobricks when I had nowhere else to discuss the beloved theme.

Time passed and almost 3 years later I'm largely responsible for this pirate forum... So things got better for me :-D

Yeah we had some good discussions there, amidst the noobdom... X-D

So things got better for me :-D

Join da club!

Anyway all I ever see at that Pirate thread(last time I checked it was like a month ago) is "IMPERIALS StormTROoprs are coooooooooooooooolll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The shuld bring em back11!!1!!!! *Insert random smilies here*