Well done CB.

I like the first and last ones. I also see what you mean about resizing, maybe if I resized them to 50% instead of 25% they would look less bad, (but they looked OK on my computer before I uploaded them). Incidentally what part of England are you in as the snow doesn't look 'that' deep :laugh:

Thanks,

I recomend resizing the pics but uploading both different sizes to brickshelf but only deeplinking the smaller ones and linking he bigger ones so people can see the more detailed ones.

I live up north in South Yorkshire, and its very very deep :laugh: about the same in west yorkshire.

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

Thanks,

I recomend resizing the pics but uploading both different sizes to brickshelf but only deeplinking the smaller ones and linking he bigger ones so people can see the more detailed ones.

I live up north in Yorkshire, and its very very deep :laugh:.

Thanks, CB

Thanks I looked but I have just realized that I replaced my HD pics with the resized ones *facepalm* not good.

Off Topic: up here in west yorkshire the snow is up to my knees (about a foot and a half :thumbdown:)

Edited by Mr Man

Nice new shots CB and Mr Man. They're very good considering that you are both(I assume) new to taking photographs of your Lego Star Wars collection. I hope to see more good shots from you in the future.

Lord Embo

Nice new shots CB and Mr Man. They're very good considering that you are both(I assume) new to taking photographs of your Lego Star Wars collection. I hope to see more good shots from you in the future.

Lord Embo

Thanks very much. Im not new at taking photos but I am new at taking decent ones :grin:.

Oh and Mr Man when I said that the last one is the best I ment the second to last cause you added more photos.

Thanks, CB

Lord Embo

Thanks and yes I am. I might take some more or some better shots tomorrow, at least work on the resizing issues. I've got plenty of time before the snow goes away :laugh:.

Great job, CB, I like the second one best. You guys should try brightening those shots, though, I think that'd make the snow pop.

Great job, CB, I like the second one best. You guys should try brightening those shots, though, I think that'd make the snow pop.

I tried but the snow was so heavy it blocked most of the light I tried using on it, and when I used an artificial light source the snow and figs blended together :hmpf_bad:

I tried but the snow was so heavy it blocked most of the light I tried using on it, and when I used an artificial light source the snow and figs blended together :hmpf_bad:

No, I meant on the computer. If you don't want to, do you mind if I try?

No, I meant on the computer. If you don't want to, do you mind if I try?

If you want to, you can try with these ones, and if you want you can also try with the ones I take tomorrow. So go ahead :thumbup: anything will be an improvement on my awful photo skills. :laugh:

If you want to, you can try with these ones, and if you want you can also try with the ones I take tomorrow. So go ahead :thumbup: anything will be an improvement on my awful photo skills. :laugh:

Okay. I actually went with one of crabboy329's, because it was a little easier to do:

for_crabboy329.jpg

Not Mine for those of you who are skimming this thread.

That looks better, but it still looks like a blending of snowtrooper and snow.....

I might try my hand at it soon....

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't take the pic and I can only go so far with a computer alone.

Alright, since we got snow today, it's time to show my very first outdoor shots!

Hope you enjoy. :classic:

You might want to try in the morning, but other than that, nice shots :thumbup:

The problem with taking photographs in the snowy weather is that it's generally dark and cloudy, meaning you're not really going to get very good pictures unless you use an artificial light source(a torch, for example), whereas in the summer when it is sunny it is much easier to get good shots because there is more light. Light is very important in photography people. :thumbup:

Lord Embo

Thanks Brickdoctor :thumbup: It looks a lot better now.

Edit: Update

star_wars_snow_11.jpg

star_wars_snow_13.jpg

star_wars_snow_15.jpg

star_wars_snow_16.jpg

Thanks again Brickdoctor for the speeder design :thumbup:.

star_wars_snow_18.jpg

Watch your step

I used photo shop to change thelighting on these and my previos photos. Hope you like 'em. I tried editing them before but the snowtrooper blends with the snow (Which is good for sneeking up on rebels but not so for pictures :hmpf_bad:).

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

Hey look, trees on Hoth! :laugh: Nice shots again, crabboy329, that sniper rifle looks really good with the scout. If you get a chance to retake some, I think that snowspeeder looks more like it took a fatal nosedive than a slight crash that Luke can escape from. They all look good, though. And on the speeder, the bars holding the steering vanes shoul be 4Ls, not 6Ls, if you have any; and the gun is a screwdriver held on by a robotic hand.

Hey look, trees on Hoth! :laugh: Nice shots again, crabboy329, that sniper rifle looks really good with the scout. If you get a chance to retake some, I think that snowspeeder looks more like it took a fatal nosedive than a slight crash that Luke can escape from. They all look good, though. And on the speeder, the bars holding the steering vanes shoul be 4Ls, not 6Ls, if you have any; and the gun is a screwdriver held on by a robotic hand.

Thanks Brickdoctor :thumbup:. I will try to retake them. With the snowspeeder, it wasnt suposed to be the one luke escaped from but just a random one that got shot down. Sorry about getting the speeder design wrong, I was using this picture of yours. It just looked like the bars were 4ls and yeah I should have some screwdrivers somewhere.

More pics here (when moderated :hmpf_bad:).

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

Thanks Brickdoctor :thumbup:. I will try to retake them. With the snowspeeder, it wasnt suposed to be the one luke escaped from but just a random one that got shot down. Sorry about getting the speeder design wrong, I was using this picture of yours. It just looked like the bars were 4ls and yeah I should have some screwdrivers somewhere.

More pics here (when moderated :hmpf_bad:).

Thanks, CB

Ah. I don't remember why, but I did use 6Ls in that shot. Anyways, if you look at the brown one, (nice clear pics in my Flickr) I use 4Ls.

Great to see you guys making the most of the snow- cool shots :thumbup:

We finally have some snow here... And frustratingly im stuck at work all week!. Fingers crossed it stays around dying to get out for some snowy shots :classic:

Thanks guys. I will use the 4Ls if i get chance brickdcotor.

Here are some indoor shots cause I got bored :grin:.

star_wars_snow_23.jpg

This is the best indoor shot (Imho)

star_wars_snow_21.jpg

The helmet looks too dull but the res is ok(ish).

star_wars_snow_24.jpg

star_wars_snow_14.jpg

I forgot to show this one before. I kinda like it.

Thanks, CB

Nice shots again, CB! I think on the second one incresing the contrast should do the trick. If you've got a photo editor, increasing the red tones could help, too.

Great to see you guys making the most of the snow- cool shots :thumbup:

We finally have some snow here... And frustratingly im stuck at work all week!. Fingers crossed it stays around dying to get out for some snowy shots :classic:

Looking forward to it!

Those look really Crabboy329. My favorites are the snow shots and the indoor scout trooper one.

Great job to all :thumbup:

I kinda like that blue-greenish tint; helps hide the fact that there's no Felucia background.