darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

*snip*

Just 2 days ago you posted another huge list, granted this one is a more revised one, all of these ideas have been "suggested" or "predicted" countless times. Changing a price, or a minifigure doesn't really warrant a whole new set per say.

Star Wars Rebels Set: 4 Star Wars Rebels Minifigs-69.99$"
Sorry to be harsh, but this is just useless, it has no name, no minifigures, no suggestions, no nothing. You might as well have just listed "Star Wars sets $19.99-$399.99 with 1-10 minifigures"

Sorry to be harsh, but this is just useless, it has no name, no minifigures, no suggestions, no nothing. You might as well have just listed "Star Wars sets $19.99-$399.99 with 1-10 minifigures"[/font][/color]

sorry to be off-topic but I think a lot of intersting questions can be sparked off this:

- Is there any point in listing sets that we only want to see because of figures?

- Is there any point in having five or more of the same figure in one set?

- Is there point in listing sets that we know will never come out?

- Is TLG focusing on the minifigures more than sets?

Sorry to be harsh, but this is just useless, it has no name, no minifigures, no suggestions, no nothing. You might as well have just listed "Star Wars sets $19.99-$399.99 with 1-10 minifigures"[/font][/color]

sorry to be off-topic but I think a lot of intersting

questions can be sparked off this:

- Is there any point in listing sets that we only want to see because of figures?

- Is there any point in having five or more of the

same figure in one set?

- Is there point in listing sets that we know will never come out?

- Is TLG focusing on the minifigures more than

sets?

- Is there any point in listing sets over and over again and changing minor details every time?

And lastly - Is the point of this thread to list sets that we want to see, though they are highly unlikely to come out or list sets that are realistic to come out.

Sorry about the double post.

Edited by Tariq j

I think some people think they are pitching ideas to TLG and most with crazy amounts of figures especially for the price tag people are adding. Educated guesses are the most interesting posts, I would be pretty sure that clone wars sets are finished, we only saw one this wave and I would be shocked to see us get more than one next wave.

I skip through when I see a huge post with list after list, this topic seems to be quite crowded with clone fans and army builders. I'm glad that we've at least seen an update of AOTC clones but I really hope the days of the rainbow clones are soon to be gone.

I think some people think they are pitching ideas to TLG and most with crazy amounts of figures especially for the price tag people are adding. Educated guesses are the most interesting posts, I would be pretty sure that clone wars

sets are finished, we only saw one this wave

and I would be shocked to see us get more than

one next wave.

I skip through when I see a huge post with list

after list, this topic seems to be quite crowded

with clone fans and army builders. I'm glad that

we've at least seen an update of AOTC clones

but I really hope the days of the rainbow clones

are soon to be gone.

The clone wars sets have stopped as the TV series ended, the way (in my opinion) a future star wars set should be layed out like this:

Set name:

Minifigures:

Episode(s):

Estimated price:

Description of set:

That's how I lay my ones out most of the time, can you pitch ideas to TLG? I didn't know you could.

Can you pitch ideas to TLG? I didn't know you could.

I doubt TLG are ever on this site for entire set ideas, I'd like to think they would occasionally take inspiration from the community but in terms of sets I think they decide themselves what will sell and not what AFOL's are wanting from the theme. Ree Yees and Max Reebo for example may not have ever been seen if it was for the amount of older fans buying lego.

It's when I see someone post a set idea with 501st troopers x5 that it becomes ridiculously hopeful and I just stop reading

The clone wars sets have stopped as the TV series ended, the way (in my opinion) a future star wars set should be layed out like this:

I think they're still developing a few last arcs, not a full season, but enough to finish what they started. :classic:

-Lego Spy

It's when I see someone post a set idea with 501st troopers x5 that it becomes ridiculously hopeful and I just stop reading

As I said in an earlier post, is there any point in five of or more of the same figure in one set?

Edited by Tariq j

I personally would love to see a set that had 4 or 5 of the same clone trooper, but I need to be reasonable, the closest thing to that was the clone walker battle pack (which I did buy 30 or so of). Yes TLC is obviously focusing more on minifigures with the inclusion of so many "new" and "exclusive". But putting as many new ones into sets as they can makes a lot of sense in business way. For example, they could have just made a battle of geonosis set, and put all of the new minifigures in and sold it for a huge price. Or put Poggle the Lesser in with a new Yoda and Dooku, and then Jango Fett with a new battledroid. Just to sell a wider variety of sets.

I personally would love to see a set that had 4 or 5 of the same clone trooper, but I need to be reasonable, the closest thing to that was the clone walker battle pack (which I did buy 30 or so of). Yes TLC is obviously focusing more on

minifigures with the inclusion of so many "new"

and "exclusive". But putting as many new ones

into sets as they can makes a lot of sense in

business way. For example, they could have just

made a battle of geonosis set, and put all of the

new minifigures in and sold it for a huge price.

Or put Poggle the Lesser in with a new Yoda

and Dooku, and then Jango Fett with a new

battledroid. Just to sell a wider variety of sets.

Apparantly the old battlepacks are returning, I hope to see a 501st one.

Apparantly the old battlepacks are returning, I hope to see a 501st one.

If that's true I could imagine it being like the old Clone Troopers battlepack where we get 2 501st troopers, some higher rank and a specialized trooper with a speeder bike and a turret type deal.

Set name: Gungan BP

Minifigures: Jar Jar Binks, gungan warriors x2, boss Nass

Estimated price: 9.99

Description: the set will consist of three energy balls, a mini catapult to fire them with and a mini defence tower.

Set name: Droid BP

Minifigures: Droid commander, Battle droids (x3).

Description: this set is obviously the other BP to

the gungan one above, it will consist of a STAP

and a defence tower with a spare blaster and

electrobinoculars.

BTW: do you think it will be ok to put boss Nass in a battle pack.

Edited by Tariq j

I don't think they'd put named characters into an actual battle pack.

If I'm not wrong I think Lego have put general veers in a BP before.

Maybe they might put boss in the visual dictionary following the celebration theme.

A quick visit to Brickipedia tells us that he only appeared in the two versions of AT-AT's which were both expensive.

There was Zev Senesca in one of Hoth battle packs...

That, I think, can be considered a slightly different case: he was a minor character and he looks much like a regular pilot. (Probably still would've been a better choice to use the generic helmet with the blue crests and not name him, but he's not a distinctly different-looking, more important supporting character, as Boss Nass is.)

That, I think, can be considered a slightly different case: he was a minor character and he looks much like a regular pilot. (Probably still would've been a better choice to use the generic helmet with the blue crests and not name him, but he's not a distinctly different-looking, more important supporting character, as Boss Nass is.)

Exactly! Zev is just another pilot, with the standard uniform, while Boss Nass looks completely different to all gungan's, so he wouldn't suit a gungan battle pack.

As I said in an earlier post, is there any point in five of or more of the same figure in one set?

There is no point and that's what battle packs are for but some people post as if we would have a big set with multiples of the same figure.

I think we've seen the last of clone wars sets, the box set is coming out so its being given its celebratory send off and therefore I can't see CW sets coming out.

Lego are gonna go clone crazy anyway with ep III sets this wave

Lego are gonna go clone crazy anyway with ep III sets this wave

Good, I finally want to see a good representation of the duel on Mustafar. I made the mistake of buying this set. :cry_sad:

Good, I finally want to see a good representation of the duel on Mustafar. I made the mistake of buying Set=7257-1'>this set. :cry_sad:

Though I would like one as well seeing as we saw one in 2011 it's unlikely we will see another one next year.

Though I would like one as well seeing as we saw one in 2011 it's unlikely we will see another one next year.

It's possible with the new phase 2 clone mould we could see a Mustafar set just to introduce shock troopers I imagine a remake of palatines shuttle, but a big improvement.

But that was just a small piece of floating debris along with Anakin's starfighter. I mean a proper one with the platform at the start of the battle maybe, or the rocky slope at the end.