TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

After a long update (PS3) I can say the Ghostbusters level was well worth it. Cyberman and Doc are also fun to play as

Ugh, again. Finishes downloading but it still won't let me access the level. I poke around in the storage drives to make sure it actually downloaded, but somehow both the files for the GB level and world got corrupted. I deleted them and they are currently re-downloading. :sceptic: I've had no end of trouble with this pack.

Just one more day for me, just one more, and the Cyberman fun pack will be mine. Surprisingly I really am going for Doctor Who exclusive content in stark contrast to everybody here getting the Ghostbusters level pack installed. But really I have enjoyed the level for the level pack compared to the Back to the Future pack which the latter I found very lackluster because it was so short. But with the Doctor Who Level Pack there's so much to it: Davros, The Silence, The Weeping Angels, you get to save Clara from K1, you get to fix up Bessie in the black archives of U.N.I.T headquarters, you even get to help out Strax against the Snowmen and fix his horse and cart in the Victorian era. It's such a love letter to every kind of Doctor Who fan imaginable. And ya know it might be my favourite level pack to play through if not the best one out of the four level packs for Lego Dimensions in my opinion.

Nevermind I've already finished the level and I'm now exploring the Adventure World. And I have to ask why's Missy putting on a british accent rather than her regular accent when you talk to her for missions?

She just sounds the same as on TV to me.

Huh, maybe I just wasn't paying attention to her or something. Whatever anyways I've pretty much been getting more gold bricks for Adventure Worlds I've been to. The Lego Movie and Lord of the Rings worlds spring to mind. And now I have the Fourth Doctor to play as in terms of incarnations of the Doctor. Seeing as I'm now going to watch Kinda as we speak to get me back into the frame of mind for Peter Davison's era of Doctor Who I'm thinking of leaving the other incarnations until I've finished their respective series that goes for not just Peter Davison but for Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy's Doctors as well as Paul McCann for the TV movie I won't be using any other classic Doctors for Lego Dimensions apart from the others from William Hartnell to Tom Baker and will just use Peter Capaldi's Doctor for the time being.

Huh, maybe I just wasn't paying attention to her or something. Whatever anyways I've pretty much been getting more gold bricks for Adventure Worlds I've been to. The Lego Movie and Lord of the Rings worlds spring to mind. And now I have the Fourth Doctor to play as in terms of incarnations of the Doctor. Seeing as I'm now going to watch Kinda as we speak to get me back into the frame of mind for Peter Davison's era of Doctor Who I'm thinking of leaving the other incarnations until I've finished their respective series that goes for not just Peter Davison but for Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy's Doctors as well as Paul McCann for the TV movie I won't be using any other classic Doctors for Lego Dimensions apart from the others from William Hartnell to Tom Baker and will just use Peter Capaldi's Doctor for the time being.

Wow, you're really taking it to a new level. It'll be years before you allow yourself to play as all of the Doctors at this rate.

It's been ongoing since the end of 2014 watching the classic series I know but too be honest with ya I haven't got that many stories left as I started. 35 stories left to watch in the classic series for me anyway. Just need to finish off Peter Davison's era and then I'll be on Colin Baker's era. What I meant by that is the other Doctors that I have seen from the classic series, I.E William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker are all Doctors that I've finished watching.

Edited by Starscream759

I guess we will get some confirmation on the list once Wave 5 has been released so we are expecting later in the year for any news on characters that were on the list.

I'm happy to report my Ghostbusters level finally worked! The Slimer and Stay Puft boss fights were really cool but all the driving in between got really old really fast, mostly because I wanted to smash everything. :laugh: The adventure world is decent (not my favorite but definitely not the worst) and I'm very happy with the option to switch between the different Ghostbusters. Though I suppose that rules out the possibility of more GB packs in the future. :sceptic:

The proportions on the mini-model bothered me, so I modded it to be more like the one that shows up in the game.

24532472675_4224b9ea9d_c.jpg

It's a shame that the Ghostbusters don't have the new, improved hair as seen in the HQ, but I assume development for the game happened way before figure development for the HQ. Either way, it's still great that you can switch between them, and being a completionist, my wallet is very happy I don't have to dish out $45 more for the rest of the team. Not sure how I personally feel about it separate from my wallet...

I wouldn't rule out more characters. We still need Gozer and Vigo, but that poses an issue with the builds.

Can anyone update on any confirmed new stuff coming after the Super-Aqua-Marshmallow wave? I know Adventure Time is confirmed, and I think someone said Mr. T, but can someone summarize? Or update page one, even? Thanks!

It's a shame that the Ghostbusters don't have the new, improved hair as seen in the HQ, but I assume development for the game happened way before figure development for the HQ. Either way, it's still great that you can switch between them, and being a completionist, my wallet is very happy I don't have to dish out $45 more for the rest of the team. Not sure how I personally feel about it separate from my wallet...

What do you mean? Winston's the only other one with different hair, and he has it in the story mode's cutscene.

Wait, so how do you switch between Ghostbusters? Nobody's actually said that.

Hmmm. I will have to go back and look but I thought they all had their correct hair from the Ghostbusters HQ set... And to switch between Ghostbusters, you hold (on the Xbox) the Y button down and it will cycle through them and you can choose to play as one of the four.

In other news, I've finally got my Cyberman fun pack came in the post today and I've been using him quite a bit. Though I'm bit irritated that the Dalek build don't show up once I placed the Cyberman on the toy pad.

In other news, I've finally got my Cyberman fun pack came in the post today

Same here, I got both my Cyberman and Doc Brown. Now just got to keep my fingers crossed for LEGO to release Missy, Clara, Brigadier-Lethbridge Stewart and Captain Jack Harkness at least as future packs.

What do you mean? Winston's the only other one with different hair, and he has it in the story mode's cutscene.

Wait, so how do you switch between Ghostbusters? Nobody's actually said that.

Oops, just looked at it again and you're right, the hair is accurate. Must have been a mix of the lighting and my distracted brain as I typed the post last night... :)

And yes, opening the character wheel lets you swap ghostbusters

I wouldn't rule out more characters. We still need Gozer and Vigo, but that poses an issue with the builds.

I seriously doubt either one would be player characters. Gozer might be able to use lightning, and it'd be a great figure, but I'm not too sure it'd happen. And Vigo spends 99% of the film in his painting, so I don't think he'd be made playable.

I really like the Terror Dog build, though, since it's pretty accurate scale-wise. I'll need to build another one, though, when I get the HQ.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Im so excited to hear you all talk about the GB level pack. Im so looking forward to its release on the 26th here in DK.

Hope that all the busy servers updating wont be an issue by then ! :grin:

I seriously doubt either one would be player characters. Gozer might be able to use lightning, and it'd be a great figure, but I'm not too sure it'd happen. And Vigo spends 99% of the film in his painting, so I don't think he'd be made playable.

The problem with Gozer and Vigo is that they're not as well-known as, say, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Slimer. That being said, I think there could be a chance of them being released A: if they have cool abilities and B: with the high-profile Ghostbusters will have this year given that the new film is coming out in July. We'll probably get Dana Barrett and the new female Ghostbusters first though.

God I hate those Weeping Angels! They have to sneak up behind you when you least expect it! Been continuing through the story mode and I've finally played through the Doctor Who level and completed it. Wow it really has been a Doctor Who exclusive week for me. But yeah I've been having fun with my Cyberman but surprisingly I haven't been the Dalek build much but hey I'll get around to it.