Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Bionicle story / character discussion topic.

i have a feeling somebody will replace mata nui, or the universe will end, and matoro will make good his promise"Let me tell you something-if the universe ends, if everyone and everything is going to die... I'm going to make sure you die first." to makuta.no, really the toa will save the universe somehow because good always wins when not in real life so naturally lego will do something to make bionicle go on.

jifel

Greg said (sorry :-P ) that the Red Star isn't part of that universe, so it would remain even if Mata Nui died. I think that's important.

By the way, I do think Matoro will kill our Makuta. Makuta can escape from ice, since he can generate heat from his body, since there is a Rahkshi that can do that (ice resistance). So it will be hard. But there's always team work. Yeah, probably all 6.

Edited by Clonie

Greg said (sorry :-P ) that the Red Star isn't part of that universe, so it would remain even if Mata Nui died. I think that's important.

By the way, I do think Matoro will kill our Makuta. Makuta can escape from ice, since he can generate heat from his body, since there is a Rahkshi that can do that (ice resistance). So it will be hard. But there's always team work. Yeah, probably all 6.

Cool... a star that stays although the universe goes Kabloomy. Thats awesome. We need a star like that! X-D

Thats really strange though...

-ZotS

What are we trying to look at, here? The fact that Mata Nui's going to die, but there's an even more emotional ending?

Personally, I think The Toa Mahri are going to blow up the cord, causing all of the Mahri and Voya Nui matoran to die, only to realize that Mata Nui is dead already.

Anywho, I've heard a lot of people say they have a problem with the storyline and writing of Bionicle: Legends. I slightly agree with this, but for different reasons. Greg seems to have a great idea as to what villains should be, and I say this because, every year, he comes up with a new set of them. In doing so, he approaches villains with a different view. We've had leaders of a horde, thieves, warlords... all unique professions, and Greg has developed them as such. However, when it comes to creating new persona from old characters, he slacks a bit. Last year's Inika were poorly developed, while the history and character of the Piraka were so in-depth you could have made them the focus. The Toa Mahri are an improvement, but with the constant witty remarks made by half of them you don't discover much about their personalities. Meanwhile, the Barraki have well-defined, dangerously quiet appearances. The only impressive Toa-character-work I've seen was in 2004, but when 2005 appeared, they became a bit dull. I can truthfully say that Makuta and Karzahni have been the best thing out of the past two years so far.

The only thing to look forward to in Legends is probably the villains, or how Greg creates conspiratorial back stories to events happening in the year to come. Toa? Not so much.

Heh, I disagree. :-P While the Barraki are very well done in the books, the Piraka had as much character as Mount Valmai. I actually feel the Toa and Matoran had great developments this year, for the most part -- all of them, as opposed to only Jaller & Matoro last year. Unfortunately, all Titans since, and in, 2006 have been rather lacking, IMO. Karzahni always struck me as pretty much a copy of Makuta, character-wise.

But thumps up for Gar & Defilak.

-Ikk

Heh, I disagree. :-P While the Barraki are very well done in the books, the Piraka had as much character as Mount Valmai. I actually feel the Toa and Matoran had great developments this year, for the most part -- all of them, as opposed to only Jaller & Matoro last year. Unfortunately, all Titans since, and in, 2006 have been rather lacking, IMO. Karzahni always struck me as pretty much a copy of Makuta, character-wise.

But thumps up for Gar & Defilak.

-Ikk

Well, SOME of the Piraka, I should say. Motives were very well defined.

As for your Karzahni comment... he was portrayed with a much more loose grip on his sanity and much more sadistic, as well.

I honestly felt the whole "let's be bad 'cuz we CAN" idea got old pretty soon, but that's me. Although I'd agree Zaktan was rather nice.

Karzahni was fairly all right in DD, but hardly in DoD. But that whole story does feel poorly done.

My favorites among Greg's villains would be Nidhiki, Takadox, and Pridak, story-wise purely. And Mavrah, oh, good ol' Mavrah.

-Ikk

i remember mavrah, he was the wierd onu matoran with about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 sea rahi right?

whoa that was a while ago.

jifel

Anywho, I've heard a lot of people say they have a problem with the storyline and writing of Bionicle: Legends. I slightly agree with this, but for different reasons. Greg seems to have a great idea as to what villains should be, and I say this because, every year, he comes up with a new set of them. In doing so, he approaches villains with a different view. We've had leaders of a horde, thieves, warlords... all unique professions

Totally. While some people may say that the Piraka and Barraki are carbon copies of each other, but in fact they are totally different. While the Piraka are rebelious and always fighting and suspecting each other, the Barraki hold a much tighter alliance, and have only been drawn apart because of the Mahri's slick actions at the end of BL7. The Barraki also seem to be much more inteligent and motiveful than the Piraka, as the Piraka only wanted the MOLI because Makuta influenced them, while the Barraki built an empire by themselves.

I'm looking foward to next years villians, since I'm wondering how Greg will handle them. I'm kind of hoping of a tight knit, group of assasin like characters that are working for the Brotherhood to take out the Nuva. I'd also like to see them willingly submisive to whoever the leader would be, unlike the last two villian group.

Oh, and Marvah does rock. So does Roodaka, and Makuta. And I actually like Vezon, since to me he doesn't sound like a Golum clone at all. However, I think thought that one of Greg's best characters yet is Toa Tuyet. Shame that we won't be seeing her again other than in Dreams of Darkness. :-(

Good point, DF. Mata Nui dying is, apparently, just the beginning of the end.

I think my favourite character would be Hahli. Dunno, I just like her.

My problem with the PIraka was that they were set up to betray one another; they were all double-crossers. I was waiting the whole year for the final moment, you know, Zaktan's shock as Thok and the others abandoned him to a horrible fate. I was just waiting for the Piraka to kill each other off, and instead they got defeated as a group.

That, though, wasn't Greg's fault; there was simply no room to have individual defeats if the Piraka were to be in for most of Bionicle Legends 5.

I like the Barraki better than the Piraka for the exact reasons you guys mentioned; they have a more reasoning feel, while the Piraka were evil for the sake of it.

VK

My favourite character is Makuta. Because he's the most cunning. Becuase he's the most powerful. Becuase he's the most devious and manipulative villain in Bionicle. Becuase he's responsible, at least partially, for pretty much anything that happened so far in Bionicle. He's not the "Makuta of Metru Nui", he simply is THE Makuta. No one is like him.

Then there's Vezon. Vezon is...Vezon. You know what I mean. I always play with his figure...potraying him is a lot of fun.

Shakar

My problem with the PIraka was that they were set up to betray one another; they were all double-crossers. I was waiting the whole year for the final moment, you know, Zaktan's shock as Thok and the others abandoned him to a horrible fate. I was just waiting for the Piraka to kill each other off, and instead they got defeated as a group.

That, though, wasn't Greg's fault; there was simply no room to have individual defeats if the Piraka were to be in for most of Bionicle Legends 5.

I like the Barraki better than the Piraka for the exact reasons you guys mentioned; they have a more reasoning feel, while the Piraka were evil for the sake of it.

VK

The Piraka were given powers that a virtually unstoppable. No wonder they were never really defeated.

The Piraka were given powers that a virtually unstoppable. No wonder they were never really defeated.

Look at Superman, though. He's suppose' to be indestructable, but every comic issue he's stupid enough to fall into Lex Luthors Kryptonite trap, almost killing himself.

The same goes for the Piraka; they may be virtually unstoppable, but when it comes to brains, they fail.

Exactly which powers are virtually unstoppable? I bet a Makuta could beat all six in one second flat.

Did you just insult Supermans intelligence? :P
I already did. Edited by Clonie