Sign in to follow this  
sportinglife

[MOC] "Devon-Scot-Express"

I'm currently working on a 5 cars passenger train named "Devon-Scot-Express".

Cars intended for this consist are loosely based on pre-1948 british design.

Cars are 36/38 studs long, 6 studs wide. Red livery, similar to BR "suburban" red.

Here's a type S536 composite 1st/3rd.

The whole consist will include:

*composite 1st/3rd (shown)

*open 3rd

*vestibule 3rd/buffett

*compartiment first

*brake first compartiment

post-29398-0-70823500-1426003103_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportinglife

Looking great so far. Any other pictures? You might want to upload your pictures to a hosting site like flickr, so you can show more at once.

"Emerald Night" of course! Without smoke deflector (looks nicer :classic: ). A perfect engine for such consist dating from 1930s to lates 1950s/early 60s!

My idea of LEGO train is: something a bit more detailed than ordinary "CITY" train, but not too heavy in scale with "CITY" environment. Some cars seen on internet are fantastic indeed but too long and wide to blend with ordinary stuff. What do you think guys?

Looking great so far. Any other pictures? You might want to upload your pictures to a hosting site like flickr, so you can show more at once.

I can't upload pictures anymore. I do like the underframe of your GWR railcar. I'd like something similiar, but it's a bit too detailed and complex for a relatively simply model for my taste. Lego models should sound solid in hand :wink:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6240714

Very nice, and I like he effect that the old style clear 1x2 make with the center post. Looks like double pane windows.

...it tastes very British! Normally people tend to reproduce famous trains (Rheingold, Orient-Express and stuff like that). I prefer these mixture of differt style cars to recreate a typical consist of the last days of steam in Britain and continental Europe. I have to add the gangways and work a bit on the underframe. Originally these cars were intended 7 studs wide, but later on I dropped the idea :-(

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=549621

Edited by sportinglife