CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Sooo... any sign of a reveal yet? Or is this the calm before the storm? :tongue:

Nothing yet. I've been checking all day. (I'm in Australia)

Well I don't know for sure. . .

Maybe they're gonna release it later tonight?

I actually just looked at the original submission and that's pretty small for $60. :sceptic: I hope there's more to it.

Well I don't know for sure. . .

Maybe they're gonna release it later tonight?

I actually just looked at the original submission and that's pretty small for $60. :sceptic: I hope there's more to it.

Did you just look at the images, or also watch the video? It shows off some features that really should be seen in action to be fully appreciated, and if the final set incorporates those, it's easier to understand a higher price (assuming it has that too, of course).

Did you just look at the images, or also watch the video? It shows off some features that really should be seen in action to be fully appreciated, and if the final set incorporates those, it's easier to understand a higher price (assuming it has that too, of course).

Yeah, found the video and watched it. It's still pretty small. Oh well.

I thought the current rumour was that we're also getting the TARDIS interior.

I believe this is the entire set.

5HBZ3v1.png

If the street bit was also included the $60 price would make a bit more sense. The recent Ideas sets are a bit high-priced, so I guess it's.. expected?

I believe this is the entire set.

If the street bit was also included the $60 price would make a bit more sense. The recent Ideas sets are a bit high-priced, so I guess it's.. expected?

Information: it is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

Also it comes out on December 1st

Truthfully I was hoping for something a bit more like this, which also has a TARDIS model on the exterior. I picked it up a couple of years ago for about £30 but, in the nature of Character Building, the plastic was cheap and the parts wouldn't stick so its back in it's box gathering dust. It would have been nice to have something more substantial in LEGO form.

https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/2320045a.jpg.jpg

Edited by LuxorV
Image too big. Turned into link.

I haven't read everything in this thread so I don't know if it's already been discussed, but I heard rumors a while back that it would be based off of Time of the Doctor, so, a Tardis interior that folds into an exterior, which would come with 11, 12, Clara, a Weeping Angel, and two Daleks.

That could easily be as big as the Big Bang Theory set and nearly as many figs if you include Daleks.

Edited by ultron32

I haven't read everything in this thread so I don't know if it's already been discussed, but I heard rumors a while back that it would be based off of Time of the Doctor, so, a Tardis interior that folds into an exterior, which would come with 11, 12, Clara, a Weeping Angel, and two Daleks.

That could easily be as big as the Big Bang Theory set and nearly as many figs if you include Daleks.

That was already posted by Hulk_Smash, so you are pretty late.

Edited by Ordinareo

That was already posted by Hulk_Smash, so you are pretty late.

Yeah I know; I'm not posting it as a rumor, that was meant as a reply to people saying that the set would be small if it was the same as the original project.

Yeah I know; I'm not posting it as a rumor, that was meant as a reply to people saying that the set would be small if it was the same as the original project.

I don't know if it's already been discussed, but I heard rumors a while back that....

clearly no rumor was implied.... But the current topic of set size is the topic at hand so: based on the price and the rumor of figure counts I'm not expecting a huge set on this one though it really does deserve to be. I figure a parts count around 500-550. along with 4-5 figures.

Where is that reveal?

I am getting worried that we won't get the reveal today. :look:

Edited by Ordinareo

Just a thought but might it not be a late night reveal, considering that when the BBc usually reveal something to do with the series they do so about 10pm-12pm GMT (UK time) To the USA I guess that's afternoon but to the UK which is where the BBC is primarily based that's late night, just a thought. At the very least thank your lucky stars that its not a Sherlock set reveal because we'd probably be waiting another 3 years... (only Sherlock fans will get that joke)

Edited by legofreak86

Somehow the idea the reveals today is making the wait worse.

Judging from where I live, it'll probably be revealed at 3AM or something, so I'll only find out tomorrow.

Still really excited to see how they pull off the TARDIS. Moulded daleks here we come!

My guess is no reveal today. :(

Nooooooo! Where is CM4Sci? I need to choke him for getting my hopes up!