Sign in to follow this  
Smitty500

[Decal] Assaj Ventress

I have been messing around illustrator and decided I wanted to make some decals for future use. This is my first attempt.

I have always hated, hated, Hated! the 2008 Assaj Ventress that LEGO had produced, the ugliest Mini-fig in the Clone Wars line. (Though I can't blame LEGO for designing a mini-fig based off an already ugly cartoon design)

Anyways..

With the upcoming release of the 'Azure Angel', I think LEGO had finally made a good Ventress. Even though the set looks spectacular and captures the essence of the 2003 cartoon, I am not planning on buying it. So I decided to try my skills at recreating the design for a decal and make the figure on my own.

Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to use it if you have the need.

Decal

asaajv.jpg

Official lego Ventress (this is NOT mine)

sw615.jpg

Edited by Smitty500

This is really good!

While you have it spot on 'off' the minifig, when you have put it on (maybe it is just the lighting of the picture and it actually looks better/exactly like the cartoon in real life?) the purple appears to go lighter due to the white background of the head on the actual minifig... maybe try an initially slightly darker purple to reach the desired purple that is on her face in the cartoons?

Don't get me wrong though, this is really good!

Have you printed it on a water slide decal or a sticky clear paper stuff?

Edited by Fuppylodders

Thanks for the feed back. I had forgotten to clarify and feel terrible about it. But the picture below is of legos official mini fig that I had used as a referance and for comparison.

I have not printed it yet, but plan on using clear water slide decal to apply to the figure. I am not sure when I will get it printed because I wanted to have multitude of things to print as to not waste decal paper.

Looks good :) I have also made copies of official lego figures using decals. Also that figure also has printing on the back of the torso and head.

Looks good :) I have also made copies of official lego figures using decals. Also that figure also has printing on the back of the torso and head.

Thank you! I couldn't find any references of her back, and quite honestly forgot about it. I will when some more pictures are released. I am starting to make more decals, mainly of the Clone Wars line figures like Ashoka, Aayla, ect, to replace the ugly cartoony look with the standard LEGO look. I will post more when I get more of a collection.

This looks exactly like the official. There a quite a few figs that need to be redone because they were only made with CW ugly faces. Hope to see some more custom designs.

Totally missed the fact that you didn't have the back side. That's a job very well done.

Here's the back from the official ventress (Let me know if you want a higher quality version)

post-134047-0-10476700-1422144153_thumb.jpg

Also, can't wait to see your updated clone wars decals. I absolutely hate those faces and I'm really glad they stuck with the standard faces for rebels

Edited by General LiWar

Thanks a lot. The resolution is fine, I am just using a vector program and tracing over it. I'll work on this soon!

...and soon enough came..

I am not sure if I got the back tattoo right, might need a bit tweeking, but it will suffice me for now.

What do you think?

assaj.jpg

Edited by Smitty500

It's good so far, I'm trying to get a higher quality picture of the head because there are some small dots at the center of the swirls and just outside the bottom (towards the middle of the head) that are hard to get a picture of. My camera works like junk up so close, but maybe this is a bit better:

head.png