Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#119: The Blackgull Inquisition

Annienal takes a quick peak into the barrel, hoping to find something that would help them.

"So... um, what's our story, again? Are we salesman? Undercover watchmen? We can't say we're from the Bonaparte's... I may be able to pull something off... I mean, um, me and this moon elf, we, um... well we're both elves. Perhaps I could claim some sort of lineage? Like maybe we're related somehow?" Annienal began to go on a nervous tangent. "The only problem being that if we do go that route... um... Miderun, I really don't want to do this, but, um... we may have to play you off as a slave. It's the only way I can see him believing us."

Edited by Kintobor

"I'm not sure what we're going to do with you, but it may be best if the... um... floating skull..." Annienal still felt nervous around the thing. It wasn't natural. At all. "Stayed outside. Maybe we could use the two of you as lookouts? Just incase the person in the bedroom slips out?" Annienal looks in the barrel, attempting to find a potential spot for Warlen's floating skull.

Annienal takes a quick peak into the barrel, hoping to find something that would help them.

The barrel only contained rainwater.

"The only problem being that if we do go that route... um... Miderun, I really don't want to do this, but, um... we may have to play you off as a slave. It's the only way I can see him believing us."

"Are things really that bad in Eubric? I thought Scheherazade mentioned things were getting better." Miderun rolled her eyes. "Taroksh oshuule givrahk, how many more kingdoms do we have to roll over to prove what a huge mistake enslaving our race is, really? Whatever you need to say to get us inside. Warlen, I don't know why you don't just smash that skull and be rid of it, but if you really want to keep the trophy around, stuff it down that barrel for now."

"Are things really that bad in Eubric? I thought Scheherazade mentioned things were getting better." Miderun rolled her eyes. "Taroksh oshuule givrahk, how many more kingdoms do we have to roll over to prove what a huge mistake enslaving our race is, really? Whatever you need to say to get us inside. Warlen, I don't know why you don't just smash that skull and be rid of it, but if you really want to keep the trophy around, stuff it down that barrel for now."

"Um, we could always say we're from someplace else, like the Low Kingdoms? It's just going to look weird with me and Warlen and then you, Miderun. I don't know, what approach are we going to take?"

Annienal empties the rain barrel and points to it meekly.

"Um, floating demonic skull thing? I kind of need you in here, um, like now."

Annienal then takes a peek inside the window on the front door, trying to look as inconspicuous as she can.

Edited by Kintobor

Annienal then takes a peek inside the window on the front door, trying to look as inconspicuous as she can.

Annienal was startled when another elf's face looked back at her through the window. It was Commander Fogfarer, and he didn't look happy.

heroicaquest119-fogfarerhouse2.jpg

heroicaquest119-meliodoulfogfarer.jpg

"What do you want? I'm not buying anything!"

Annienal shrieks quietly as the elf looks at her angrily before attempting to recompose herself, speaking to Fogfarer diplomatically. She needed to change her plans, and now.

"Fogfarer? Um... hello. We're actually not here to sell you anything. We are actually here to ask you about your experience. You see, my friend here, Mr. Warlen is looking to begin his own small shipping company with the large sum of money he's just received after his father passed away, and we were told to come see you by some people we asked in the port. I am sorry if it looks like we're run of the mill salesmen, but i-if you could assist us with some advice, we would be most in your debt, Mr. Fogfarer."

Edited by Kintobor

Warlen glanced at Annie, willing to start talking but it wanting to butt in.

Didn't see your post.

Warken smiled.

"We were told," he said in a booming voice, "that you have some experience? After all, experience is what I will need to start a business!"

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

"Fogfarer? Um... hello. We're actually not here to sell you anything. We are actually here to ask you about your experience. You see, my friend here, Mr. Warlen is looking to begin his own small shipping company with the large sum of money he's just received after his father passed away, and we were told to come see you by some people we asked in the port. I am sorry if it looks like we're run of the mill salesmen, but i-if you could assist us with some advice, we would be most in your debt, Mr. Fogfarer."

Miderun glanced sideways at Annienal very nearly blowing it and Warlen helping out, and decided to pipe in herself.

"You're held in high regard when it comes to matters concerning shipping around here. We'd be grateful if you could impart some of your knowledge onto Master Warlen."

Annienal shrieks quietly as the elf looks at her angrily before attempting to recompose herself, speaking to Fogfarer diplomatically. She needed to change her plans, and now.

The Fogfarer's angry expression melts into one of fatigue and sorrow.

heroicaquest119-meliodoulfogfarer.jpg

"I apologize, ladies and Mr. Warlen, but I am currently busy with a personal matter. If you want business advice, you better turn to someone else. If the times were different, I would gladly give advice to aspiring seafarers, but alas, the state of Eubric is what it is. You have chosen a most misopportune time to found a shipping company, if you ask me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make some purchases."

The Moon Elf opens the door and nods to the party as he passes them.

heroicaquest119-fogfarerhouse3.jpg

Will the party follow the Fogfarer or break into his house?

Quarion waits till the Fogfarer gets out of sight, the comes out of the barrel and suggests a plan to the others.

"Right. We break into his house, then one of us use Warlen's telescope to see what he's up to, then investigate his house, checking for traps with his Magnifying Glass. Any objections? No?"

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

Annienal flinches as the flaming skull reappears and starts talking behind her, give a short yelp before covering her mouth, making sure Fogfarer is out of hearing distance before continuing.

"We could, um, always... well, split up. I could always follow Fogfarer, and you two could, um, peruse through his house, or we could group up some other way... I really don't mind..."

"Good idea," said Warlen. "Who'll follow him? I don't really mind of it's just me and Quarion... Or me and Miderun, or me and Annienal..."

He grinned.

"Finally thought of nicknames for you two: Mighty-One and Annie-mal!

I always give nicknames to people. They call me Nickname Guy!"

He stopped grinning.

"No, they don't. The call me either Floor-Len or W."

"He says he's' busy with a personal matter. I say we follow him."

Edited by CallMePie

"Fine by me. Don't get caught. And don't let that vahlsuzard out of sight," she added, glaring at the floating skull.

"Well, I'd like us all to preferably stick together, just in case something happens. I kind of want to know who's sleeping in the house, but if you want to follow him, let's do so together. Are we in agreement?"

"Well, I would prefer to search the house, but I don't mind either way."

Thinking quickly, Warlen Pulls out his telescope and scans the area to find the Fogfarer.

"Let's see.."

The party could see Fogfarer heading west, but if they wanted to follow him, they would have to act fast. A telescope would not help them if he managed to slip around a corner at a crossroad...