Sign in to follow this  
jFox

Dwarf Battle Maiden

Everyone knows dwarf warriors are tough, sturdy, with beards as long as their arms, and twice as thick! But all the dwarf warriors seem to be men, so I threw a few parts together to make a female dwarf who could be equally as fierce.

15785070206_52d7f5e6bb_z.jpg

Dwarf_Maiden by The Gray Fox, on Flickr

I really like it, great matching on the torso and shield. And an excellent painting of the hair. If I may ask, what did you use to paint it?

One suggestion though, try using a normal 1x2 instead of a slope for the dress. The slope is a bit awkward.

Nice minifig! The matched shield and torso are especially cool. And her golden helmet horns are a stylish touch. Are they BrickWarriors? I don't go in for painting minifigs when I can avoid it, but you've done a great job on this one.

I also have a female dwarf with a 1 x 2 slope as a dress. She has the CMF Forest Maiden's hair, not the Female Viking's headpiece.

Thanks for the kind words! For the hair, I used a brown paint marker, but I applied it with a brush. The paint came out very thin and wet, so I just rubbed the tip on a piece of of illustration board to make a little pool, then a small brush from there to the hair. Afterward, a little bit of drybrushing with black (also from a paint marker).

The horns are indeed Brickwarriors, sprayed gold for an even look. Hand painting generally comes out too lumpy for Lego, except for these watery paint markers I found!

Thanks for the kind words! For the hair, I used a brown paint marker, but I applied it with a brush. The paint came out very thin and wet, so I just rubbed the tip on a piece of of illustration board to make a little pool, then a small brush from there to the hair. Afterward, a little bit of drybrushing with black (also from a paint marker).

The horns are indeed Brickwarriors, sprayed gold for an even look. Hand painting generally comes out too lumpy for Lego, except for these watery paint markers I found!

Interesting, thanks. Is there a particular brand you prefer, or will any sort do? I have a few from some years ago, but the colors were always way off for me.

I like it, but depending on the mythos, Dwarf women have beards :)

That is why they all look like men ;)