Set Rating  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

Why wouldn't they give him claws. Why big silver brick things. And why the attempt to revive Bionicle aesthetic while mixing it with HF bricks.

Why.

Because it is a reboot, and whether or not Onua is 90% accurate to the 14-years-past Mata Onua is irrelevant to the target audience.

The oft-cited "HF" aesthetic is the CCBS (Character Creation Building System) aesthetic, a change from BIONICLE's highly greebled and specialized (and thus, not very versatile, even for building other action-figures) array of parts. CCBS is meant to provide the basic components for any action figure line LEGO might release, so saying BIONICLE has the HF aesthetic is akin to calling out Galaxy Squad for looking like Star Wars sets because they both use basic bricks.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

What's wrong with his Turbo Shovelers?

They are not claws. They look like shoulders, so much that they are even used as shoulders. And they are silver.

Because it is a reboot, and whether or not Onua is 90% accurate to the 14-years-past Mata Onua is irrelevant to the target audience.

Is that why they put so much effort in making Tahu accurate?

But really, this set would look so much better with claws, black claws, Hero Factory Jungle style claws.

Edited by vexorian

But really, this set would look so much better with claws, black claws, Hero Factory Jungle style claws.

You're definitely free to mod him however you like, but personally I much prefer the claws in the set, especially since they have such a creative dual function. It's much different than the classic set aesthetically, but I think it's still true to that design in terms of its function and personality, and arguably an improvement in terms of the practicality of the design. Pointy claws aren't nearly as useful for digging as broad, shovel-like claws like you'd see on a mole.

This variation of Onua's body type reminds me so much of starscream's from the transformer movies...

In all honestly... Onua 2015 is one odd (ugly) looking Toa.

I will probably never pick this up, but I think they just should've just went hard with the gorilla look, i.e. has standing poses, but moves around on all fours.

"Silver and gold, silver and gold.."

It doesn't bother me so much on this 'Master of Earth'. I quite like his new color scheme. The gold and purple really pop, and I really enjoy his chest sticker. He is one of my favorites of the reboot, & I hope I can pick him up soon.

I just dislike the Hero Factory feet so Onua's clawed feet are a welcome change and they suit him

My brother recently bought Onua at Barnes & Noble, and I have to say I love his design — probably even more than Kopaka's! I love his short, stocky design, his hunched posture, and his weapons in both configurations. The only thing about the design that bothers me is the different colors for the upper arms and upper legs, which I still don't understand. I think either one or the other would have been more appropriate.

The silver and gold in conjunction don't bother me, but I didn't really expect them to. One of the first things I did try was to switch his gold armor shells with silver ones from the other Toa and Protectors, which seemed to me like the easiest fix to the concerns other people had raised. And it DOES work... but to be honest, I actually find I like it better with the gold ones, which contrast nicely with the purple shells. Coloring the Silver Metallic parts Warm Gold would probably have been overkill, though. As it is, I think the colors just balance out nicely.

I might be in the minority here, but I like the beast feet on Onua, as well as the gold and silver colors on him.

You're certainly not a minority. I love it.