Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

The Batpod

Hello guys , my name is Labis and I'm an afol who recently came out of his late dark ages ( by late i mean long after my teen years , when most builders get their dark ages ) . For my first creation , I chose the iconic batpod, Batman's heavily armed motorcycle from the movies "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises . The vehicle is in minifig scale ( my main concern with all other lego batpods out there is that the wheels are too big so it's not in minifig scale ) and is modelled so that it looks exactly as the movie version ( obviously it's not 100% true to it as this is near impossible in such a small scale , but it's close to the closest you can get with it ). Also , I made a custom Batman minifig, with a torso which is 100% accurate to the movie version , as well as a redesigned head with eyes and the black (makeup??) that are visible under batman's cowl .

​Let's start with some images of the batpod :

15649317686_1401390d8d_n.jpg

The Batpod by caped_crusader, on Flickr

15053672413_2c32b1c727_n.jpg let's compare it with the original one review_htbatpod_2.jpg?w=510&h=187

15649294546_c9d17e6839_n.jpg

15487167489_5850bdd74a_n.jpg

Now onto the Dark Knight himself :

15649290236_65480e3b36_n.jpg

Batman - The Dark Knight by caped_crusader, on Flickr

Riding the batpod :

15053066474_3d6875a198_n.jpg

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it

...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight" - James "Jim" Gordon

15053668183_e260e992e2_n.jpg

Thats a really neat design. Building on such small scale sure has its challenges, but I think you really made an accurate model. Good work!

Hey guys I know double posting isn't the best thing to do in forums, but I'd like to say that it's really important for me to hear your comments as this is my first "post-dark ages" moc and I really lack confidence ... So please , please leave a comment or two , it means a lot to me ... Thank you in advance :classic:

Thanks for your comments guys :grin: . Sir Brickalot you definitely will see more from me , I'm back for good :thumbup: . On to the screwdrivers , I also had an idea for a third gun above the 3L bar , using the "harpoon" piece ( http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=95&itemID=2111 ) but the only connection that worked for that without making the gun area look too big and bulky were Brickarms u-clips , and I didn't want to use any 3d party pieces as part of the bike itself ( as with all my non-minifig creations ) . Awnsering to sander , I kind of cheated by painting the droid heads ( I know it's a bad habit ) but the piece itself worked perfectly for that area , so I just HAD TO use it :tongue: ... Thanks for the comments you guys , please keep them up !

Really like your version, too.

But, with the kind of "official" version coming out in the LEGO Batman 3 game I really would like to see someone figure out that build... as I seem to not be capable of it. Has anyone tried yet?

Thanks for your comments guys :classic: . KCMantze I just saw what you 're talking about and while it certainly looks a lot like the original batpod , I do not believe it is as accurate as mine ( not trying to say mine is overall better as TLG's version is far more playable , just saying that mine is one of the most accurate versions ) . Accuracy is not the only point when TLG designs something ( they want to make a sturdy , compound design that kids can play with and usually include a couple of play - functions as well ) so it makes sense that they "sacrifice " accuracy to achieve that . It doesn't look that hard to replicate though , I'm sure you'll get it if you find some good reference images :thumbup:

I like it. It is a simple looking build but it has the right amount of "it" to be great. I like the scale of it and your choice of pieces. Well done :classic: