Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #116: The Tale of Two Faces

8886596872_879f8c81bb_t.jpg

"One good deed does not dismiss a lifetime of wrongs, I hope you heroes know that."

Hoke gives the man-bat a hard stare, disgusted by the vigilante's blindness to the scene in front of them.

15693795920_538eec0bce_t.jpg

"No!!!"

"Blitze, do you have something in your shop to revive her?"

"Nothing. Not even the Guild has figured out how to bring the dead completely back."

The sparkling blue solution the alchemist had been carrying drops out of his hand and rolls down the cobblestones.

Hoples comes running up with five Town Watch guards.

15367235007_d14aaf55d1_t.jpg

"What happened? Where's the monster? Oh my... Is she?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The sparkling blue solution the alchemist had been carrying drops out of his hand and rolls down the cobblestones.

Hoke picks up the vial and drops it in his pouch.

"Nothing. Not even the Guild has figured out how to bring the dead completely back."

Hoke gently scoops up the little girl's body and begins walking towards the Temple of Ennoc.

Hoples comes running up with five Town Watch guards.

Hoke walks right past the bumbling detective.

Hoke gently scoops up the little girl's body and begins walking towards the Temple of Ennoc.

Althior puts his scepter between the corpse and the Mystic Knight. "There's nothing to be done, not to bring her back fully at least. I know. Let the father deal with her,"

He turns his glance to the Detective. "Isn't this what you wanted? We killed the beast for you, like we were hired to. If you didn't want blood on your hands, don't hire mercenaries. Patricia Coulsand has learned that lesson plenty of times."

Althior puts his scepter between the corpse and the Mystic Knight. "There's nothing to be done, not to bring her back fully at least. I know. Let the father deal with her,"

Hoke palms the scepter and gently pushes it aside as he looks the necromancer in the eyes, void of any emotion. He picks up the little girl and heads to the Temple.

Edited by UsernameMDM

"Althior, you are a necromancer, if my memory doesnt fail me?" Benji smirks at his fellow heroes.

"Oh, and Hoke, I'd like to investigate that potion that you just picked up, hmm?"

He turns his glance to the Detective. "Isn't this what you wanted? We killed the beast for you, like we were hired to. If you didn't want blood on your hands, don't hire mercenaries. Patricia Coulsand has learned that lesson plenty of times."

"I don't understand, where is the beast? And what happened to this little girl?"

Blitze, his voice trembling and eyes red turns to the heroes as they begin to make their way to the temple.

"Who... who... delivered the killing blow?"

Blitze, his voice trembling and eyes red turns to the heroes as they begin to make their way to the temple.

"Who... who... delivered the killing blow?"

Hoke turns back and looks at Blitze, the girl's body cradled in his arms.

"Vengeance can wait."

Benji turns to Mr. Blitze. "Sir, it was the Wolfgang. They, of course, ran off as soon as they had killed it--her. I'm very sorry for your loss. These hard situations seem to haunt us heroes of Heroica. As for me, I am inflicted with a similar disease, losing control of myself in a beastly madness in battle... Which reminds me..."

Benji grabs Hoke by the arm, glaring. "You're going to give me that remedy."

Edited by Flare

Benji grabs Hoke by the arm, glaring. "You're going to give me that remedy."

Hoke gives Benji an incredulous look as the girl's blood slowly runs down his arms and dribbles onto the cobblestones below, splattering on Hoke's boots. He pulls his arm away and continues towards the temple.

"I don't understand, where is the beast? And what happened to this little girl?"

"The girl was the monster. It would seem to me that our resident Beast Warrior here called up some of his Wolfgang friends to help take out the beast. Now she's dead, and it seems that he's the only one here that can make use of the special serum we made," He glares at the beast warrior. "Seems things worked out pretty conveniently for you, didn't they Carvenhall?"

"I did not call the Wolfgang, if you don't believe me then lets go chase them down, but I believe its too late for that. Anyways, it doesn't look like the remedy you made won't do much good now, if you could've been a little speedier it would've helped." Benji snarled and snapped at the necromancer.

Althior grabs Benji by the shirt with force, "This blood is not on my hands! Do you understand? I've learned countless times not to trust anyone involved with Ulric's schemes. Not you, not the Wolfgang troops, not half of the damned 'heroes' that I've quested with!" The Tower, the Fearsome Four, the lies, all of it came back to him in a single moment. Ulric and his so called saviors of the city were nothing more than lying thieves. "I didn't see you attempting to help with the remedy. No, you stayed back to kill the girl, and now you're eager to get her cure for yourself. I had no part in the slaughter, Carvenhall. Her blood is on your hands, so don't ever attempt to shift the blame to me for your own greed and arrogance!"

He releases the Beast Warrior, then turns to Hoke "Drop the girl at the temple if you must. We can do nothing more here, even if we wanted to. Let's pick up payment and go,"

Hoke ignores Benji and Alithor as he enters the temple. He lays the girl down inside the temple.

"Can anything be done? If so, do what you can," he says to the priestess that greeted him earlier, "I will return."

He exits the temple, the little girl's blood on his armor, boots and gloves. He walks past his bickering quest-mates,"Feel free to join me when you're done with your chat." and points at the Town Watch soldiers and Ecurb, "Come with me. I have some wolf hides to collect."

Benji grins at Althior, strangely considering the accusations he had just been attacked with.

"Well well! You do have a conscience! How surprising. You do realize that reports of your mission in the Darklands has been thoroughly told and retold, don't you? Corruption and greed are your middle names, peasant."

"So then let's see. There's you, a disciple of Ulric's, that has little recognition among the Wolfgang. Then there's me, the 'peasant' as you said, who has a true hatred for Ulric and what he stands for, yet I've still been promised riches, power, and fame by your so-called 'Wolf Headed Messiah' along with a personal thanks. Now, then, where are you on the social ladder in comparison to I, the peasant?"

"You are a gnave and a fool. You have been promised riches ane honor by those you hate, yet you trust them to keep their word to you. I am no fool, the Wolfgang will not hesitate to remove you of your promised treasures when you try to fight against them."

Benji stares at the ground, trying to calm himself down. "I'm not one of those who blandly proclaims Ulric as the messiah. But he has real power, and unity, unlike the rest of the city. I just want whats best for the commonfolk."

"They want to remove me? Trust me, I have a fail-safe for if and when that happens," He thinks back to the Tower Keepers words on Bluto Ziegfried. He'd gotten close enough to the Ziegfrieds to get that information, hadn't he?

He brushes his way past Benji towards Hoke "I need to blow off some steam. We can try and locate them, though it may not be easy,"

"Going to fight them? Thats a hella stupid idea, bruh. If they retreated back to their labyrinth in the sewers then we have no chance."

Hoke ignores Benji and Alithor as he enters the temple. He lays the girl down inside the temple.

"Can anything be done? If so, do what you can," he says to the priestess that greeted him earlier, "I will return."

The priestess looks over the girl, closing her eyes and muttering a few prayers under her breath.

av_priestess_zps89de6d98.png

"I am afraid there is nothing we can do. Ennoc the righteous one has willed that she no longer stays with us in this mortal realm."

He exits the temple, the little girl's blood on his armor, boots and gloves. He walks past his bickering quest-mates,"Feel free to join me when you're done with your chat." and points at the Town Watch soldiers and Ecurb, "Come with me. I have some wolf hides to collect."

"Wait, I don't have authorization for a full out invasion of the sewers and definitely not enough men. While this has been a sad turn of events, it doesn't sound to me like it could have been avoided."

"You would say that. Just about as corrupt as the houses aren't you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Forget it. I will join you sir knight, but I warn you I believe such an endeavor is bound for failure at the time being. You may be strong, but you and the mage are only two men."

Hoke looks in the eyes of those around him and finds no support, save for Alithor. He resists the overwhelming urge to slump his shoulders in defeat, and instead, holds his head high and sets his jaw.

"Let's conclude our business then," he says to Detective Hoples.

Benji claps Hoke on the shoulder and looks at him in the eyes. "Hey, sorry if I was a little rough but, I'm with you, whatever you choose to do."

Benji claps Hoke on the shoulder and looks at him in the eyes. "Hey, sorry if I was a little rough but, I'm with you, whatever you choose to do."

"It looks like we are done here," Hoke says to the reptilian beast warrior as he hands Benji Blitze's Remedy.

"You would say that. Just about as corrupt as the houses aren't you?"

"The Houses, the Watch, the Wolfgang; is there anyone you like in this city?"

"It looks like we are done here," Hoke says to the reptilian beast warrior as he hands Benji Blitze's Remedy.

Benji takes Blitze's remedy, but seeing Blitze watching him, hesitates to drink it. Hoping that the Detective will move them away from the werecat, he holds on to the remedy, not yet drinking it.