Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #116: The Tale of Two Faces

"Thank you priestess," Hoke says.

He turns to Alithor and Benji,"I am ready to end this business."

Hoke makes his way to Mr. Omri Blitze's home and knocks firmly.

"Mr. Omri Blitze, sir."

Hoke knocks but hears no answer, opening the door ajar slightly he hears a faint, "I'm in the back". Moving inward the Party including Barlin Mando and Detective Hoples find a backroom laboratory.

15261448873_1602d638a0_c.jpg

15693795920_538eec0bce_t.jpg

"Sorry, I'm a bit tied up at the moment."

"Not as tied up as you might be in a few moments," The Mage smirks, "What are you doing with that remedy, there? Nothing suspicious, I hope,"

"What's cooking, bub?" Benji tries to see if the contents of any of the liquids smell like the ones identified as the altering drug.

Hoke uses Diplomacy

"We are looking for a particular concoction and the person that can make it. Something that would grant immense strength. Can you make such a concoction?"

"Answer the question. What are you doing with the Remedy? Maybe we can be on friendly terms afterwards,"

"What's cooking, bub?" Benji tries to see if the contents of any of the liquids smell like the ones identified as the altering drug.

"I'm sure nothing that would interest you." Benji smells alchemical mixtures and compounds, but his sense are not acute enough to identify their exact nature.

Hoke uses Diplomacy

"We are looking for a particular concoction and the person that can make it. Something that would grant immense strength. Can you make such a concoction?"

"You mean like a mead? I could do something like that. If you're looking for such wares, might I suggest the Marketplace."

"Answer the question. What are you doing with the Remedy? Maybe we can be on friendly terms afterwards,"

"It's not quite a remedy and I can't say I'm a fan of your threatening tone sir." The alchemist's face turns red with annoyance.

A small voice and a child's head pokes around the doorway to the laboratory.

15258830004_402b9ccf8f_t.jpg

"Papa, is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine dear."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"What is it then? If you quit inching your way around the question maybe I wouldn't have to use this tone. We're investigating multiple attacks and attempted homicides by someone using a blue liquid that's 'not quite a remedy'; exactly like what you seem to have there. Now, would you care to answer the question, sir?"

"Is that an accusation sir? You've got a mysterious compound that has something to do with some sort of attacks so you decide to go around and terrorize random alchemists? Even if this is the same compound you're looking for, what's to say it isn't being produced by someone else in the city?"

"Is that an accusation sir? You've got a mysterious compound that has something to do with some sort of attacks so you decide to go around and terrorize random alchemists? Even if this is the same compound you're looking for, what's to say it isn't being produced by someone else in the city?"

Hoke uses Diplomacy.

"You are one of many. We are investigating them all. Please hand over the compound."

Benji turns kindly to the little girl, crouching and smiling friendly at her. "Whats the matter dear? Why do you keep bothering your papa?"

Hoke uses Diplomacy

"Then let your innocence speak for itself. We have already spoken with a few other entities with their full cooperation. Hand over the compound sir an step away from the equipment so we can talk."

"It's a little thing called the justice system. We take you in and see if you're our guy. If you're not, you walk away. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide." He pauses "We're taking you with us one way or another. You decide under what terms,"

Benji turns kindly to the little girl, crouching and smiling friendly at her. "Whats the matter dear? Why do you keep bothering your papa?"

"I just want to know why you're mad at him."

"It's a little thing called the justice system. We take you in and see if you're our guy. If you're not, you walk away. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide." He pauses "We're taking you with us one way or another. You decide under what terms,"

Blitze begins to shout.

"Justice system?! I don't remember ever handing you the keys to the city. You think just because you carry the biggest sword, you're the law around here? Who decided your measuring stick was the one to use?"

"Papa, please."

Hoke uses Diplomacy

"Then let your innocence speak for itself. We have already spoken with a few other entities with their full cooperation. Hand over the compound sir an step away from the equipment so we can talk."

Blitze pauses for a moment.

"Take it." the alchemist hands the compound over.

Hoke uses Diplomacy.

"Thank you sir. Hopefully we can resolve this situation as peacefully and quickly as possible so that we may all be on our way."

Hoke takes the compound from the alchemist.

"Smell familiar?" Hoke asks Benji.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Hoke uses Diplomacy.

"Thank you sir. Hopefully we can resolve this situation as peacefully and quickly as possible so that we may all be on our way."

Hoke takes the compound from the alchemist.

"Smell familiar?" Hoke asks Benji.

Benji is still unable to identify the compound.

"For all intensive purposes and considering your 'investigation', it's a remedy. I think we're done here gentlemen."

"Various raw materials. Waldruk Pine Nettles, Crushed Super Scarrab, etc. Tell me Mr. Townwatch, isn't this harassment?"

15367235007_d14aaf55d1_t.jpg

"Well this is a rather important case..."

"And let you deliver my secrets to the Guild? I think not. I've had just about enough of you gentlemen. I've complied as much is reasonable and I'd now like you to leave."