Hello technic fans. New member here.

I have a question regarding part x873cx1 (steering arm with 4 ball joints)

I recently purchased 4 of them from bricklink but they don't "feel" right. They also dont have a lego stamp on them anywhere and the ball joints feel very stiff when connected to other suspension parts.

I'm wondering if they are from a cheap lego knock off. Is there a sure way to know?

Thanks in advance.

I just took a look at mine from 8297(all black) and it looks there is no sign of any piece number or LEGO sign so... they feel very right to me, no stiffness, nothing - but I am certain that these are real since I bought the set...

I doubt that you have a fake part... does it even exist form a third party???

I doubt that you have a fake part... does it even exist form a third party???

Here's another one

T24X8jXb8MXXXXXXXX_!!114484059.jpg

Edited by Rishab N

Edit just saw Crowkillers post

LOL.. My post was about a different knock off Ferrari set than the one that you posted... :classic:

I've actually found "Fake" Technic sets that were not based off of any actual Technic set... Those people must have their own team of Designers now...

LOL.. My post was about a different knock off Ferrari set than the one that you posted... :classic:

I've actually found "Fake" Technic sets that were not based off of any actual Technic set... Those people must have their own team of Designers now...

Ah ok I'll restore it

Thanks for the replies.

If the 8297 doesn't have any marks either, im hopping mine are real. It's just that mine are so tight, it's hard to steer!

As I tried to find alternative solutions for the many 42000 wheel hubs used in the Grove 6400 crane, I also tested with the 8297 hubs. They indeed seem to be stiffer when connecting with newer ball joint parts like the suspension arms from the 42021 snow scooter.

When the weight of your MOC is enough and the mechanics/motor that you use for steering are sturdy/powerful enough, it shouldn't be much of a problem though.

Thanks for the replies.

If the 8297 doesn't have any marks either, im hopping mine are real. It's just that mine are so tight, it's hard to steer!

I have around 100 of those hubs and for some reason some of them have more friction than other ones, and they came right from Lego....

I goth some from bricklink recently. They have no lego id's on them but look exactly like pictures that have been posted here and they work fine. It's possible they might need a bit of trimming down. a bit of quality control.

H