Leif

Portal hubs - a nail in their coffin

Just now, 4x4mods said:

well i want something that looks realistic though

Norhing is stopping you from I dunno... Trying to build something for yourself?

maybe a two or three stud lift

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Norhing is stopping you from I dunno... Trying to build something for yourself?

i already have a one stud lift that i built but i dont have enough pieces to make anything more. thats why i was wondering if there were any ideas so i could order the needed parts

11 hours ago, 4x4mods said:

maybe a two or three stud lift

i already have a one stud lift that i built but i dont have enough pieces to make anything more. thats why i was wondering if there were any ideas so i could order the needed parts

That’s cool and all, but you sounded like you were whinging that someone didn’t have a solution perfect for you. What are you looking for regarding changes to the wheelbase i.e. width, ride height, wheel type, etc.?

i am just wondering if anyone has done 2 or 3 stud lift to the defender because i want to fit some third party tires. my one stud lift doesn't give enough clearance to fit my tires and the solid axle swap is just too big and looks unrealistic.

i am looking to use 15038 rims and these tires https://www.amazon.ca/4PCS-108mm-Rubber-Tyre-Tires/dp/B07FCBG3B9/ref=sr_1_23?keywords=1.9+crawler+tires&qid=1587663431&sr=8-23&swrs=7278108DDD82D0B3B81337716257F5DD 

I can tell you that unless you widen the wheelbase, that straight up will not work without heavy modifications to the wheel wells to account for the offset hub placement and larger wheel size.

You might want to work up to those tires incrementally.  Each step will show you what may be required for the next.  Envision fitting 94mm tires first, this will show you some of the difficulties in fitting 107mm ones.  It isn't just about the tires, it also is about having room for steering and those portal hubs are going to multiply the required amount of room.

Alternatively, you could remove the body from the Landrover, install the desired tires, then see what can be parts of the body can be reinstalled.  Those fender flares definitely will not fit unless you lift the vehicle a great amount.

have you seen any third party 90-100 millimeter tires because i measured and with my rims that size tire will fit guaranteed.

remember i also have a one stud lift so that gives me a bit more clearance.

4 hours ago, AndyCW said:

There are ~11 tires that fit your requirements from RC4WD alone.

ttps://rc4wd.com/go/rc4wd-tire-finder/

Happy shopping

Thank you so much i have been looking for the past three months but never noticed this feature

Now about a lift.... has anyone done a 2 to 5 stud lift?