Sign in to follow this  
Skystorm87

MOC: "TEN" Wagon Lit

I have done a simple Wagon lit carriage inspired to the TEN carriage, used by the italian railway company in the 90s:

R45608_Morsli_700x320.jpg

So my version has some limitations due to the six studs length and the total length of the wagon as the panorama wagon of the metroliner. That's all to fit with my existing rolling stock.

So the exterior is pretty standard:

20140810_171203.jpg

20140810_171133.jpg

Doors open and the attendant helps passenger to board:

20140810_172951.jpg

Interiors consist of small cabins but I also wanted to have the corridor, I found this satisfying when you look through the windows:

20140810_171238.jpg

And here is the composition with the 7939 car wagon and engine:

20140810_173021.jpg

The top of the prototype has a very distinctive curved roof, you might do a better job capturing the feel if you added these bricks:

88930.jpg

Though that would take something away from the retro look the model currently has. In any event it looks good and I like how you managed to squeeze minifig in the hallway.

Thanks guys! Also for the suggestions. I will try with the round bricks which certainly will make a better prototype. But as somebody said, it will lose the classic feeling of my '80s' town.

Very nice retro carriage. My brother had that carriage as part of his 00 gauge rail layout back in the 80's. Is it on a drop car base (like the metro club car)? Any pic of your other rolling stock- I like the livery on the black/red train behind it.

Very nice retro carriage. My brother had that carriage as part of his 00 gauge rail layout back in the 80's. Is it on a drop car base (like the metro club car)? Any pic of your other rolling stock- I like the livery on the black/red train behind it.

Thank you so much! The train behind is an interpretation of the High speed italian train Frecciarossa:

20140610_124428.jpg

I posted some other pictures on a ad hoc topic sometimes ago:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90814&hl=frecciarossa

but it didn't get much interest :blush: