goatman461

[SoNE Freebuild] Tatooine - Buying an Engine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Tie pilot Goatm An 461 is now on Tatooine to visit the shop of a famed engine mechanic/merchant. Stormtroopers heavily patrol this area because of the great interest in the new engine mods coming out of this shop. Maybe the Empire will just have to recruit this mechanic and secure his expertise.

13894327475_491f85f81e_c.jpg

While on planet he decided to purchase a slave girl and a couple of cloaks to keep in the Tatooine fashion.

13894734834_0748a2da93_c.jpg

13894326245_e419762280_c.jpg

I would like this freebuild to be judged during the SoNE IV episode, please.

It certainly feels like a Tatooine junk store, very nice job, I wonder what are you going to do with that engine, a custom TIE or a new and unique fighter?

Great job catching the Tatooine feel. The sticking out parts is a nice idea, not to have a regular square base. The left part of the MOC is nice with the brown wall part sticking out, though having just a plate for putting some figs on is a bit too much. It isn't detailed enough and looks unfinished. As previously I'd sugest to conect the surrounding area with the middle section. I like to think of my MOCs as one whole, that could easily be carried around and put on display. Though this doesn't necessarily mean a square base and that all the builds are parallel or perpendicular, the options are endless!

I really like the engine build - just enough colors and detail to look very appealing.

That engine looks superb! Really believable and very Star Wars-y. The rest of the place definetly feels like Tatooine as well (that droid e.g.), although with some new elements like that walkway. I like that you used both plates and tiles to make it more interesting, although it isn't distributed very evenly. I miss some plates in the middle area as well. It's pretty distracting that there are those holes in your build. It could have worked if you had photographed it with a tannish background anyway. Still, it's very nice to see you put some thought into the ground with the plates, tiles and slopes. Not bad at all, especially when you consider the layout with the junkyard on the one side, and the confined room at the other one. Very reminiscent of TPM...

Nice entry.

The shop looks good and the engine is my favorit in this moc.

markus