Wedge09

[SoNE Ep. 4] Sector C - Taking the communications station

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here is my entry for Episode IV: Secrets of the Empire: Taking the communications station. For me, the past weeks were a bad period to create but I want to help the Rebel Alliance win, so I tried to build something not to complicated. :classic:

As a part of the Sullust's assault, the squad of the soldier Wedge09, changed equipment from the snowy one, is sent to block the imperial communications occupaying one of the communications stations.

13875075654_36e8c9078b_c.jpg

13875023484_d6f558412d_c.jpg

13874609673_8900331b1a_c.jpg

All images can be found at my Flickr Gallery. C&C are always welcome, Enjoy! :wink:

Not sure I like the way the hole-in-the-wall looks. If it was an explosion hole, used to gain entry to the station, you might want to add some debris and probably destroy one of the comm stations. If it's just a cutaway so that you can see into the build, you might want to use cheese slopes and tiles to cover those exposed studs.

Otherwise, I like it! The offset floor tiles are a nice touch, especially that one with the Imperial insignia on it. Wish I had a few of those.

Totally unbelievable. Two armed rebels killing/disarming 4 imperials? Highly unlikely considering what's going on in Sector D.

Great cutaway and nice smooth/simple design. Photography is great, too. Good luck.

Good to have you on board! It's a shame you had no time to work more, it would turn out even better then! :wink:

a tip: swich the bricks in the cutout to slopes (or one big slope) may improve this MOC a good bit, while not taking much time. (of course you will then also need a tile over the rest of the studs)

Totally unbelievable. Two armed rebels killing/disarming 4 imperials? Highly unlikely considering what's going on in Sector D.

Not unlikely, you know, Stormies can't aim, can they? :grin:

The simplicity is what makes this work. You Rebels seem to be attacking a lot more of the base than us Imperials can defend. Come on fellow soldiers of the Empire! We need to up our game here!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

I love the exposed studs, don't change them! Also all the computers against the windows looks great and the Imps with their hands up, Priceless! :thumbup:

Even for a simple build, you make it look good. The offset floor tiles are indeed nice, and so are the slanted computer controls. Even the ceiling looks okay! And as for me, I just love the cutaway part. Also nice to see the subtoe contrast between dark grey and DBG. A pitty you didn't include some kind of door in one of the side walls, or some consoles to the center of the room. If executed correctly, that would fill it more without cluttering it.

Nice that you thought of exterior decoration as well. I would have liked some more though, rocks for instance, because now it looks a bit odd. So yes, this is a creation with a lot of potential. Pitty you didn't have enough time to turn it in something truely amazing. I'm eagerly awaiting your builds that received some mire time!