Iron Arch Bridge (WIP)

6 replies to this topic

#1 soundwave_sw

soundwave_sw

Member: 14431

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Here is my current project.  An older Iron/Steel Arch type bridge.  It is being built for a small town display our LUG is working on.  I'll post some more pics when it is finished and installed.  Comments and feedback welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
My Brickshelf[/url]
My Flickr

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Interesting and excellent bridge 'soundwave_sw'.....any close up shots of the supports and truss work.....pretty hard to see all the detail of the bridgework.....but it does get the tiger thinking again....oh, dear ! :laugh:
Brick On 'soundwave_sw' ! :classic:

#3 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Wow, this is awesome.  I love the curves on this bridge!  Would love to see a close up as well to see the detail a bit better.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#4 Phoxtane

Phoxtane

Member: 28870

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

It looks like you smashed the Brooklyn Bridge into the Golden Gate Bridge :laugh: I like the curved roadway section as well! :thumbup:
Why fix it when you can INNOVATE it?

#5 Ludzik

Ludzik

Member: 23579

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Pretty cool!!  Are you planning on having support wires attached to the end corners of the upper structure?

#6 Man with a hat

Man with a hat

Member: 15917

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Now this is a bridge!
Nice arch. It really looks like a real bridge. And the curved road deck is awesome.
It's only a pity that the top structure is a different style. It make it look a bit off.

#7 soundwave_sw

soundwave_sw

Member: 14431

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thank you for the comments.   Unfortunatley the top section is not a functional structure.  I may alter it at a later time or make it more into an arch.  I borrowed different design elements from local bridges where I am from.  The curved arch design was inspired by a bridge my friend made a couple years back -
I need to order a bunch of tiles to finish it off before I take some final pictures.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
My Brickshelf[/url]
My Flickr

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users