Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

America: Outlawed

Hello. I saw this Lego BrickFilm and was certainly awed and amazed at it. I really thought it worth coming here.

Here is the Link to the download page. It is downloaded via .wmv (windows media player) or Realplayer. Though, it is a lenghty movie at 36 minutes and 27 seconds, and may take a while to download, but it is worth it. Many things about this film is great, animation, special effects, and story line(and more!). I hope you will enjoy this more than I did. I'm sure TheBrickster will like this ;-) . Feel Free to post comments on this thread.

NOTE: I did not make this movie so I cannot take any credit to it. The movie was created by director Doug Vandegrift.

I watched the whole movie. It's great, I especialy like the intro with the fire and all. Very well done *y* .

It is a truly remarkable piece indeed! I really enjoyed the beginning part, not usual in a brickfilm, a near-night scene. What are your favorable parts?

(Also, you can find many good BrickFilms about the internet, but the best place, I think, is the place I linked to, there are many movies there that are good!)

What are your favorable parts?

1) i love the sound when the mayors hair pops out of this hat... really really funny.

2) the saloon scene is hilarious... "put it in a dirty glass", "go fish", and "when you find yourself in a hole, quit diggin" are some classic lines :-D :-D :-D

3) oh, the jail break scene makes the movie worth watching, in and of itself. definitely my favorite sequence.

4) i love the play on communism.

5) and the blowing up of fort LEGOredo was a visually stunning scene... i only hope not too much old-brown was destroyed ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

this movie shines when comical, but the drama parts are a little harder to grasp (like the opening scene, it was my least favorite). overall its pretty good... i love how the official LEGO sets are worked into the story, and are seamlessly mixed with the customized elements. very similar to my own MOCing :-D

one story element i had a hard time believing was the "draw" proposition the general made to flatfoot. seemed too "set up".

i also thought the characters wrists turned too often. i didn't get what the director was trying to interpret there.

i do like how each official LEGO western character is given a personality... dewy cheatum's name is proper, but his character is a little weak. personally, he is my favorite western fig... he just doesn't live up to my perception in this film :-(

naming each western LEGO fig is something i've been wanting to do for awhile. i once wanted to produce a common name that everyone in the AFOL community could agree on and use (view the thread here)... maybe using the names in this brickfilm would be appropriate :-D

if this film doesn't make you want to breakout your WW LEGOS than nothing will.

definitely worth watching for any LEGO fan (western or not ;-) )

- BrickMiner

Absolutely outstanding! I love it. Thanks for sharing IS.

The sound/music is what I enjoyed the most.

I loved the opening scene - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Some other scenes I enjoyed:

- When the trap cannon came rolling at the outlaws. I thought the pirate hat was humorous before the trap was activated.

- The mayor spinning his chair and how his hair popped out of the hat when he went to hang it.

- The Gold Mine at night looked neat - very mysterious.

- I loved the prospector. Good voice and fig.

- I liked the Indian Chief and his smoking of the peace pipe.

- The exploding fort wall when the shot hit the dynamite - also the exploding General Store scene.

This is definately the longest Lego film I've seen. It doesn't have a visual/graphic quality as good as the Pirate film (I forgot the name), but the music, sound, and story made the film very enjoyable.

I don't know what happened for three minutes after he said it was ironic that there was a picture of dynamite on the piece of wood. X-D X-D :'-) :-D :-D rotfl!

And again when he said " let's show em why our faces is aways mean."

i just watched it and i love it! It's absolutly amazing work, all those different animations. 8-

I actually have a couple of the WW sets. unfortunately, they've gone to bits like that store in the movie. Nonetheless, I like the WW line.

I actually have a couple of the WW sets. unfortunately, they've gone to bits like that store in the movie. Nonetheless, I like the WW line.

Do you have a favorite set?

Fort LegoRedo would be thy set. I also liked the indian cillage set to. I think, I remeber though, one day I had put them next to my bed due to lack of room for some reason(I forgot why) and I...fell out of my bed and smack into set, it was painfull. Luckily, the set didn't get harmed...much. What's your favorite set.

It kinda disturbes me that this guy uses real explosives in his lego sets :-D .

Fort LegoRedo would be thy set. I also liked the indian cillage set to. I think, I remeber though, one day I had put them next to my bed due to lack of room for some reason(I forgot why) and I...fell out of my bed and smack into set, it was painfull. Luckily, the set didn't get harmed...much. What's your favorite set.

It kinda disturbes me that this guy uses real explosives in his lego sets :-D .

Most people vote Fort Legoredo but I think I like Gold City Junction the best, perhaps followed by the Gold Mine (Bandit's Secret Hideout). I love the WW sets because they were a small theme and very unique to the Lego collection.

I'm surprised that you liked one of the Indian Village sets. It wasn't a popular sub-theme at all - I must admit that I wasn't a big fan (although I have them). But I do love the figs. I think they were some of Lego's best detailed figs.

In regard to the explosion, I can't believe someone would break their pieces. Much too valuable for me.

One must also concider that the bricks he cut/burnt are pretty standard, low-value bricks. So, if you took a candle anywhere near any of my pirate stuff, i'd kill you, but if you felt like burning up some of those old style doors (Of which I have far too many... the one peice I have prolific amounts of and no real use for ) I'd hand them to you and tell you to have a ball.

if you took a candle anywhere near any of my pirate stuff, i'd kill you
are you suggesting pirate stuff is far more valuable than WW stuff ?!?!?

lets not turn this into a battle between two of the best themes ever produced...

:-P

:-D

i saw a lot of old brown logs destroyed in the movie :-| that really hurt my eyes >:-(

:-D

- BrickMiner

But the explosion does look good. X-D . Perhaps he used MegaBloks as stunt-doubles :-P .

that was an awesome movie!

he's making another one with the pirate theme

Yes it was.

He approached me to make Part II, which would find Flatfoot Thomas and the gang in Grave Stone. Wouldn't that have been awesome. He's got something else going on now; however, and will not be pursuing. I was looking forward to writing the script. He's very talented in the movie making arena.

Here was the announcement he made last year:

gt_title_jpg.jpg

Flatfoot Tompsen and his bandits escape from the law and ride off into the setting sun, but what they find in the next town is something they never expected! How will they make it out of this one? Ghost Town is the sequel to the brick film America: Outlawed and picks up where the last film left off. Get yer self ready again for some Rip Roarin Western Action! Yeee Haw!

Release: Halloween 2008

A great film I watched awhile ago, probably, actually, undoubtedly, the best lego film I've ever seen. Great work and worthy of the bump it was given. :-$