Sign in to follow this  
phanstasm

MOC: Batman Beyond batmobile

Hey, viewers,

Been a longtime "lurker" of Eurobricks, but never posted. Thought I should start by giving thanks to everyone (Hickley, the Penguin, etc.) who's posted their on MOC's, which have undoubtedly influenced my own in one form or anther.

Wanted to try and return the favor, and share one of my own MOC's. Hopefully my composition can influence one of you, and lead on to something better.

6208652015_d860b9e82e_b.jpg

Here's my future Batmobile, custom Batman Beyond minifigure, Jokerz gang (watch Batman Beyond) member minifigures, and Ace the bathound minifigures.

Hope you like the "action features." They're always the most fun I have with a any Lego model.

Regards,

Phantasm

Edited by phanstasm

Wow, not bad! It's certainly recognizable, and I do like the play features! Your custom minifigs look pretty good too. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks too blocky, especially in the back. It could really use some inverted slopes there. Otherwise nice work! I plan to build a Batman Beyond Batmobile myself someday.

Awesome looking Batmobile Mate! I really like all the play features you put into it. And the extra storage is cool too! Nice job and keep the Bat-Mocs coming! :sweet:

Definitely got the right shape there!

Brings back memories of show :)

But I agree with with Oky - it could be a bit more smooth with slopes.

Don't forget to enter the Batman Contests - I think this could be entered into Cat 1 or the Fig raffle!

edit: also great photoshop work! I like how added all the descriptive text!

Edited by SI-mocs

Wow! A bunch of comments already - thanks, guys!

Oky, always been a fan of your Zurg-mobile (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=418191).

Oky and SI, I completely agree with you - too blocky in the rear. Limited by parts collection at the moment, but I'm hoping the future Super Heroes sets will rectify that problem. I'll take your advice, and hopefully improve the model in the future.

Sok, thanks so much for the compliments! Really appreciate that you noticed the PS work. It's a great tool! Also, appreciate the notice about the contest, but I wasn't a Eurobricks member by October 24 - contest rules. That's okay, though. I'd rather someone who really wanted the exclusive figures got them. Hopefully, I'll get them in official sets - can't imagine TLG would only use those beautiful decals for exclusives.

Edited by phanstasm

Apart from maybe needing a bit more work on smoothing out some of the blocky-ness, it's a very good realisation of the vehicle!

AWESOME a Bat-mobile with anti-gravity features - SWEET ! :grin:

Great work 'phanstasm' and remember.....Brick On same Bat-time same Bat-channel ! :grin:

Very slick! I actually bought all seasons of BB just a few days ago. :wink: I think the batmobile could be made somewhat smoother, other than tht it looks great already! Love the gang you've put in there, might I ask how you made the BB torso?

Great work 'phanstasm' and remember.....Brick On same Bat-time same Bat-channel ! :grin:

Exactly, haha, and thanks!

Very slick! I actually bought all seasons of BB just a few days ago. :wink: I think the batmobile could be made somewhat smoother, other than tht it looks great already! Love the gang you've put in there, might I ask how you made the BB torso?

Much appreciated, Zenn. For the BB torso, I created the image in Photoshop, printed it on label paper, covered it with a piece of clear tape (protect it from smudging, and give it more of a shine), and cut to fit.

Enjoy the BB DVDs - on Season 1, 'Black Out' and 'Meltdown' are two of my favorites!

Funny how Return of the Joker happens to be on TV right now.

This is a very nice MOC. You have build in some nice feature. Also neat to see a few Jokerz for Batman to take care of.

Funny how Return of the Joker happens to be on TV right now.

This is a very nice MOC. You have build in some nice feature. Also neat to see a few Jokerz for Batman to take care of.

Thanks, Runamuck! Glad to hear that ROTJ is still being replaying on TV. If the show is still active, maybe Lego will stick a Batman Beyond minifigure in a set - and, even better, make his Season 1 nemesis, Blight.

Edited by phanstasm