faish888

Lego 10213 Faulty Parts

I came across this Singapore store blog that mentions about LEGO issuing replacement parts for 10213 Shuttle Adventure set. Anyone else heard about this, and has anyone managed to get these replacement parts from TLG customer service in US or UK?

http://toystationlego.blogspot.com/2011/02/10213-shuttle-adventure-faulty-parts.html

So far have not found any mention of this news anywhere else.

Edit: As kindly shared by Locutis, here's a link to LEGO's official alternative insctructions for 10213 which should help alleviate this problem.

Edited by MetroiD
Alternative Instructions link added

I got those parts when I bought it in Singapore and the brown fuel tank is a lot more solid and stable with those extra parts. I assembled it without and with those parts to see what the difference was.

I got those parts when I bought it in Singapore and the brown fuel tank is a lot more solid and stable with those extra parts. I assembled it without and with those parts to see what the difference was.

...yeah, that can be an issue.

I´ve heard that TLG has had problems with that set, is was unstable and came apart. They halted producbe tion and made a redesign which should the one going out now. As for the replacement parts, that´s new to me but it sounds very good. I guess Customer Service knows more about it, I´ll check it out.

Is that only related to 10213 purchased in Singapore? I haven't notice any problems with mine from last year. Are there pictures of the faulty parts?

I asked Lego, and here is their official response:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We do apologize for the disappointment you experienced with your new LEGO set. We do not have a service bag for this set. However, we do have alternate instructions to fix the stability problem you are having.

Here is the link:

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/10213-1_Fix_tank_guide.pdf

Please get in touch if you need anything else.

Thanks very much for the link to the "alternate instructions" .pdf Locutis, that's extremely helpful!

I'll add it to the first post in this thread for future reference for anyone who's encountered this problem.

I asked Lego, and here is their official response:

:sceptic: Not terribly useful; I don't have any "spare" half circles like that.

Im surprised if they need extra parts for updated instructions... that they dont supply the parts? Or perhaps its considered optional?

Hey guys,

It took 3 emails to Customer Service, but I finally got this response (I bolded the important part for emphasis):

I am sorry to hear you are having stability problems with your LEGO® set. I know how frustrating it can be when a model falls apart during play. We are aware of the issue and have a kit that we are sending out to you via mail. This will take 7-10 business days to arrive.

If after this, you still have problems or need some bricks replaced please get in touch with us again and we will be very happy to help. It would be best to call one of our experts on the free (from landlines) phone number 1-800-835-4386 (8am - 10pm Monday to Friday or 10am - 6pm Saturday to Sunday).

Best wishes!

Sincerely,

Lyudmila

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

My first email got a generic "try rebuilding" reply. The second response, after linking them the alternate instructions and this thread asking about receiving additional parts, was a... link to the alternate instructions (very frustrating at the time). But I finally got what I wanted with the 3rd email response above.

For my part, I have found the external fuel tank engine extremely fragile; often it falls apart just when disconnecting it from the shuttle or side rockets. Very glad that LEGO is resolving this. BTW, this was resolved in the US, so hopefully, with perhaps a little effort, everyone will be able to get the parts they need for this fix.

Edited by unbornchikken

Hey guys,

It took 3 emails to Customer Service, but I finally got this response (I bolded the important part for emphasis):

My first email got a generic "try rebuilding" reply. The second response, after linking them the alternate instructions and this thread asking about receiving additional parts, was a... link to the alternate instructions (very frustrating at the time). But I finally got what I wanted with the 3rd email response above.

For my part, I have found the external fuel tank engine extremely fragile; often it falls apart just when disconnecting it from the shuttle or side rockets. Very glad that LEGO is resolving this. BTW, this was resolved in the US, so hopefully, with perhaps a little effort, everyone will be able to get the parts they need for this fix.

Thanks for the information! After receiving your message on this thread, I replied to my email to Lego indicating that the pieces required for the modification were not part of the set, and I received this reply:

Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast. I apologize that the pieces you need to fix the stability issue were not sent out with your last request. I have sent those pieces out to you and they should arrive in the next 10-14 business days. I have also added 100 points on your VIP card for all the troubles you and your son have gone through.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Looks like a "kit" does in fact exist for this set. Pry and you shall receive.

Locutis

I also sent a message to LEGO Customer Services about this and they replied quickly stating that the extra pieces would be dispatched from their warehouse in Denmark.

Thanks for the heads up and information about this :thumbup:

Interesting that this sort of issue would come up, given how they test the builds during development.

I'm not sure this topic belongs in "Sci-Fi" :wink: (in fact, as jarring as it might seem, "Historic Themes" would probably be more appropriate at this point, actually *huh* ).

Interesting that this sort of issue would come up, given how they test the builds during development.

I'm not sure this topic belongs in "Sci-Fi" :wink: (in fact, as jarring as it might seem, "Historic Themes" would probably be more appropriate at this point, actually *huh* ).

I just got this model at my local LEGO store. I probably won't have time to build for a month or so. Is the stability issue on the external fuel tank only when disconnecting the fuel tank or is also an issue just when displaying?

Has anyone contacted LEGO about the problem before building?

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I just got this model at my local LEGO store. I probably won't have time to build for a month or so. Is the stability issue on the external fuel tank only when disconnecting the fuel tank or is also an issue just when displaying?

Has anyone contacted LEGO about the problem before building?

Thanks,

Andy D

If you don't touch it, it doesn't fall apart. I find the fuel tank comes apart when I remove the boosters. I emailed Lego about the kit but haven't received a reply.