Table Soccer with WeDo parts

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sariel

Sariel

Member: 10516

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

Yet another little adventure with the WeDo system, started with a joke of one of my co-workers who said that I should build a table soccer for us to play in the office. When I finished laughing, I though - heck, why not?

Posted Image

As usual, I will provide just some media files and links for those of you who are willing to learn more. So:
Full description with photos: http://sariel.pl/2010/06/table-soccer/
BS gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=436648
And a video which should be quite illustrative as to what it does and how:

I hope you like it. You better do, or you may have some vuvuzelas coming your way ;)
With great power comes great electricity bill.

My hamster-powered creations at: Sariel.pl | Brickshelf | YouTube | Facebook

#2 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

This is awesome! The SFX really make it more enjoyable :thumbup:

#3 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

This "Foosball" table is great!  I was surprised that you didn't program the buzzing drone of Vuvuzela horns, like the fans hear in the FIFA World Cup games in South Africa....    :tongue:  I bet if you put some food on one of the balls, "Lucius" the Hamster would score a goal!   :grin:

#4 phool

phool

Member: 9889

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

You Sir, are insane.

Another awesome MOC to add to your extensive list. However I think you need to build a bigger version and use Technic mini-figs as the players  :tongue:

P.S. I'm still impatiently awaiting the completion of the Reventon... Have you put that build on hold for now?

#5 Sariel

Sariel

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

View Postdluders, on 01 July 2010 - 12:46 AM, said:

I bet if you put some food on one of the balls, "Lucius" the Hamster would score a goal!   :grin:

I, on the other hand, think he would do even better as a goalkeeper. Once you put him in front of the gate, there is no space left for any ball.

View Postphool, on 01 July 2010 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm still impatiently awaiting the completion of the Reventon... Have you put that build on hold for now?

I did, as I ran into a couple of problems with a supercar of this size. I'm seriously thinking of stopping and building something simpler first, on a chassis of similar size... say, the 1969 Dodge Charger.

Edited by Sariel, 01 July 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#6 Blakbird

Blakbird

• Technic Angel of Retribution

Member: 2164

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

View PostSariel, on 01 July 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

I did, as I ran into a couple of problems with a supercar of this size. I'm seriously thinking of stopping and building something simpler first, on a chassis of similar size... say, the 1969 Dodge Charger.
I used to own a 1969 Charger and, while it is an excellent subject, I recommend a 1971 Barracuda instead. Just a personal preference.

An a related note, how are you going to find enough purple parts to build a Charger? :classic:
Posted Image
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#7 Sariel

Sariel

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

View PostBlakbird, on 01 July 2010 - 05:27 PM, said:

An a related note, how are you going to find enough purple parts to build a Charger? :classic:

I'm not. I was thinking more like black body with yellow racing stripes + dark gray interior. I envy you owning that thing - every single day of that :P

Posted Image

#8 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

View PostSariel, on 01 July 2010 - 06:03 PM, said:

I'm not. I was thinking more like black body with yellow racing stripes + dark gray interior. I envy you owning that thing - every single day of that :P

I really liked that car. It had the "small" engine for the time: the 318ci (5.2 litre) V-8. I also owned a car (1972 Chrysler New Yorker) with the big block 440 (7.2 litre) that I always intended to transfer to the Charger but I never got to it before life got in the way. I drove that car over 200,000 miles.

Old MOPAR cars need to be weird colors. Black just doesn't do them justice. Some of the colors of the time were: Screaming Banana Yellow, Sassy Grass Green, Hemi Orange, and Plum Crazy. Mine was purple. If you collect enough Cyber-Slam sets, you might be able to do it!!
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#9 Sariel

Sariel

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

Well, I'm sure an opportunity will come for you to own another beast like these. As for me, my automotive plans are more decent ;)

Posted Image

#10 TechnicJuan

TechnicJuan

Member: 3775

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Very interesting Sariel. You are doing a 1969 Charger and I seen at crowkillers site that he is working on a 1969 Camaro Super Sport. I can't wait to see both creations. :sweet:

#11 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

View PostSariel, on 01 July 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

Well, I'm sure an opportunity will come for you to own another beast like these. As for me, my automotive plans are more decent ;)

Looks like a Virago. Is that a 750? I used to have one of those too. More recently I got a Vulcan. The Virago was a great bike, but I wore it out.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#12 Sariel

Sariel

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Close, it's a 535. I'm in love with it. I adore black/chrome versions with no bags/pipes/scaffoldings on, just the stock-bare bike. Didn't know Viragos were popular in US, as they're relatively small bikes for their class.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users