Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

[MOC]: Osgiliath Invaded

indexed.gif

Hi everyone! Well, after Sir Dillon suggested that I do an Osgiliath MOC, I started right away. I like it quite a bit, but it doesn't have the same "wow" factor that I felt about my Moria MOC (link). More pictures, including minifig shots, can be found in my gallery.

017.jpg

Gallery Link

Fun Facts:

- It uses at total of 34 minifigs: 17 "orcs" and 17 men including Faramir.

- I built most of it using pieces from my Moria MOC.

- All the capes are custom made by the Finder's Keepers Shop on Ebay (link).

- The blue water is the backdrop from a Studios set.

- In the back, there is a minifig roasting a marshmallow.

Feel free to post comments and criticism!

Definitely don't have the same "knock them off their seat" wow factor as Moria but its still a good MOC. I like the way you create the ruin look and feel. Maybe a photo with less light might add to the atmosphere of the set.

"I built most of it using pieces from my Moria MOC." ... NooooOOooooooo ... :cry_sad:

Maybe a photo with less light might add to the atmosphere of the set.

You've inspired me to play around with it with some Photo editors. :grin: Here's what I came up with.

016.jpg

In the process of adding this to my Brickshelf, the gallery is no longer public. :grin: Sorry about that!

I'm really looking forward to the reopening of the gallery. Just that one updated photo is hinting at the potential of how some photographic techniques can add to the MOC.

I'm really looking forward to the reopening of the gallery. Just that one updated photo is hinting at the potential of how some photographic techniques can add to the MOC.

Unfortunately, I only updated the one photo. Somehow it threw off the gallery. So if you were hoping that all of them were edited, I'm sorry to tell you. :cry_sad:

I'm sorry to argue with Fumoffu, but I'd like a photo with more light. It's kind of hard to see all the cool details of delapidation in the photo...maybe I need to get my eyes tested. :laugh: Nevertheless, it's a cool MOC, and I really look forward to the gallery becoming public again.

The wait is over folks! The gallery is now public!

I really don't like it as much as Moria, and I'm sad I scrapped it. So, I built another LOTR MOC :cry_happy: Pictures of that in a few days.

Wow (yeah, it does have a WOW-factor in my mind!). But then again, I do just LOVE Lord of the Rings MOCs! But didn't you forget the bridge? I thought there was one connecting both shores (unless Mordor repaired/build it after their conquest of Osgiliath) but I do just assume it isn't on this part of the city.

In short: Keep 'em coming :thumbup: !

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :cry_happy: I've finished my next MOC and the gallery is waiting to become public.

And the next MOC is.....................

The Lighting of the Beacons from Return of the King!

Pictures coming in a few days.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :cry_happy: I've finished my next MOC and the gallery is waiting to become public.

And the next MOC is.....................

The Lighting of the Beacons from Return of the King!

Pictures coming in a few days.

My goodness ... you're a prolific MOC maker. Can't wait.

You have some nice details and a good ruined look, but overall the creation feels lacking. My main criticism would be that you built it as a box. That worked for the corridors of Moria, but with Osgiliath I think there should be the feeling that this is just part of a bigger scope, and it's hard to achieve that with solid walls on the sides.