Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

The Wild, Wild West Building Contest: Entry Thread

Hello again! X-D

I guess I'm gonna kick off my contest with my own entries (even if its not ethical, if you know what I mean!)

Entry #1: Cowboy Category:

Locomotion Commotion!

Here, Sheriff Nadroj (example of what I mean by rule #7) is riding his trusty steed back to town. To get there he must ride over the train tracks. But as they cross, the Sheriff's horse stops for a quick bite to eat: a tasty looking weed. Sheriff Nadroj, afraid that they will be hit by the train if it does not stop in time, tries everything in his power to move the big, dumb horse. Lucky for the two companions, the conductor stops the train, just in time, too! Angry, the conductor steps off the train to see what happens, and Sheriff Nadroj tries to explain.

vig1.jpg

vig2.jpg

vig3.jpg

vig4.jpg

vig5.jpg

vig6.jpg

vig7.jpg

(Yes, thats me in the reflection! :-$ )

vig8.jpg

Entry #2: Indian Category:

Indian's Showdown

As the Native American man goes exploring his natural desert landscape that surronds everything he's ever know, he looks for anything of interst that he could trade. But as he approaches a horse's skeleton, already picked clean by the ravenous vultures, a bandit jumps out from behind the cactus, armed and ready to shoot. But the indian is also prepared! Who will win?

vig9.jpg

vig91.jpg

vig92.jpg

vig93.jpg

vig94.jpg

vig95.jpg

vig96.jpg

vig97.jpg

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see your entries! *y*

Hi there! Here's my entry for the Cowboy category:

p1010059.jpg

Sheriff Assistant UB hunts villains! :-P And Joe Vig is drinking a cup of milk and doing what he's best at.... Looking stupid. :-D

p1010062.jpg

p1010064.jpg

"Huh?" :-D

p1010066.jpg

p1010068.jpg

p1010071.jpg

Gallery when moderated.

I will post my entry for the Indian category when I'm done building it.. ;-)

Here are my entries.

Although not overly Western, my first entry involves Lewis and Clark, who are often credited for paving the way to western settlement by exploring French territory in North America, which extended from the Missisippi River to the Pacific.

Here our intrepid explorers have made a mistake and entered Canada, where they meet a French Canadian fur trapper.

french_canadian_taunter.jpg

"Go away, you silly American explorers! Your mothers were hampsters and your fathers smelled of elderberries!"

bring_ze_cow.jpg

My sig fig enjoys a chuckle with the rest of the garrison.

fur_trapper.jpg

A detail of the French Canadian taunter.

lewis_and_clark.jpg

A close-up of Lewis and Clark.

Monty Python anybody? Anybody? X-D

Here is my second entry.

big_wall.jpg

These confederates think they're pretty smart. They've built a wall over the vignette space. Overlap, what overlap? X-D

not_fair.jpg

What they didn't count on, however, was that the crafty Native Americans would go around the vignette.

"No fair, ya hafta stay on the vignette!"

I really didn't care much for Wild West before now, but this contest inspired me to make a vignette and a whole cast of characters (who all don't have names minus two people :-|)! My vignette shows my main character, Elizabeth Turner, visiting the graves of her parents. Here's the backstory:

Elizabeth Turner, the daughter of wealthy mining industrialist Thomas Turner and his wife, Marianne, was once a regal and well-off lady. Due to his success and general popularity, her father decided to run for mayor when it was election time again. After announcing his decision to the western metropolis of San Hadras; Mayor Cunningham, a ruthless politician and current mayor, was infuriated. Elizabeth came home the next day to find her father dead, her mother missing, and the manor in which they lived in total shambles. A funeral was held for Thomas and Marianne, although Elizabeth knew that somehow Cunningham was involved. Vowing to seek revenge, she decided to become the outlaw Lying Liz Turner, and to destroy Mayor Cunningham. Visiting her parents' graves, she left them a rose and a letter containing her plans; and then set out on her journey with her trusty steed Elena.

Although she has become an outlaw, Elizabeth still maintains the level of class she held before her parents' death. Trading her fancy dresses for shirts and pants, and her fan for two pistols, she has shed all from her previous life except for her fiery personality.

1363771734_29c8c8b06b.jpg

1362885313_93b92c5d08.jpg

1362887987_ba0104a983.jpg

More images on flickr.

Edited by lego.ryan

I've been lurking around for quite a while now, and decided I'd introduce myself now. I got back into lego earlier this year, and have bought quite a few lego sets off the internet (including the beautiful dragon fortress *wub* )

Well, I signed up for brickshelf last week, and I still havn't been sent a confirmation e-mail. I tried signing up again, but that didn't work either :'-( So I've just used imageshack.

Anyway, here are my entries (sorry about the bad quality of some):

Cowboy Category:

A bar brawl has borken out in the local saloon:

dscf1388hl9.th.jpg

dscf1389nn8.th.jpg

The bar keeper tries his best to stay calm:

dscf1391fe0.th.jpg

dscf1392tv2.th.jpg

One cowboy takes a trip out the window:

dscf1393dz1.th.jpg

Indian Category:

The U.S. army are off to mine for gold, but the Indians don't look too happy about this:

dscf1397me0.th.jpg

dscf1395ja7.th.jpg

dscf1396zb8.th.jpg

TinyPiesRUs

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Hey All,

Looks like a fun contest!

Here's my entry:

The infamous outlaw Skinny Bob, astride his trusty steed, Bonespur!

1424755928_0793466736.jpg

Josh

Edited by JoshW

There is a legend of an old shack that was occupied by a greedy miner.His greed drove him to insanity,eventually he struck the gold.He mined all day long never resting.One day a gang of bandits discovered his gold.They stabbed him in the back and stole all the gold

7.jpg

Eventually I came around to the joint ,being a gunslinger I hoped to lift a few useful items

9.jpg

Hmm nice money and gun in there

0.jpg

Nevermind bad idea!!RUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Piranha

Edited by Piranha