VintageLegoEra

Lego 10243 Parisian Restaurant--!New Build & Review!

2015 Modular Vs. Parisian Restaurant  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect the new 2015 Modular ( Detective Agency ) to be as detailed as this One?

• Yes
    • No

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello and welcome to Last Episode of Modular Building, The Parisian Restaurant!............

This is the best detailed set compared to all previous Modulars ( IMO ) and so neat and well arranged!...Just: AWESOME!

Lets take a tour and check the set... :classic:

The Box:

15538280932_4d2809b2a2_b.jpg

15351428147_523859b894_b.jpg

15350797859_4c4771c9a7_b.jpg

* The Box Art and Details are Very Nice and Great!

The Contents:

15534743761_697d4cc48b_b.jpg

* Glad that The Baseplate and the other plate are in Excellent shape and no sign of Damage or bent!

Edited by Rick

Bag 1: 1st Floor + 3 minifigures

15534861791_995e67cd81_b.jpg

14917373903_5168470c9b_b.jpg

* To me, these Torsos are not new, only the artist is new and she does look Great!... :classic:

* The scooter is totally new to me...very unique one, love it!

* The Golden Ring is so beautiful and waoo,,Lego did include an extra one too...So Coool!!

15350908539_0fd4b7d2e1_b.jpgr

* Starting with the Basic building!...These red tile represents a Red Carpet..Very nice!

15537538985_d2c9a51af8_b.jpg

* Starting to lining the Walls, Kitchen and the dinning area,,,Cool!

15538378082_155b130860_b.jpg

* OHHH..Never knew a ( Chez ) Word is curved using plates....So impressed!

15538351972_423b57a066_b.jpg

* Outdoor and Indoor Dinning Area is almost done and the Kitchen Too!...this is just a very elegant build and design!

15537527255_2c78441cc3_b.jpg

*Yummy,,,Big Turkey!

15351873040_d13ff70320_b.jpg

* Very nice outside looking...just like real!!

This will conclude the part 1 of the 1st Floor!

Stay Tuned for Part 2!

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I love seeing these reviews. Gutted it's the last one but looking forward to the rest of it

I have done full reviews from the very fast Café Corner till PR....you r welcome to check and comment on them..:-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

This set and the associated reviews have been out for less than a year. The last thing I needed was to see was another review drooling over this set without making one critical comment (so far....... but hopefully some degree of objectivity will creep into the review before it's over).

Awesome. Yeah, right........

I haven't looked at the other reviews of PR, but since I haven't purchased it yet, I thought I would check this one out. I feel the review is good, great pictures, but to me, this build looks to be the most basic of the modular buildings. I am not sure why, but it feels more basic than the others. Why would there be a big turkey in a Paris Restaurant? Shouldn't there be snails or other French food? And why is the kitchen so small? That little thing is supposed to crank out the food for all those seats?

I do not like that we have the big CHEZ on the floor and then we cover it up with seats. I will still be getting this one, but overall my enthusiasm has waned on it even more. I think the place could be bigger, but I don't feel like spending over $300 to get 2 of them to MOD it to be a proper building.

I do really appreciate the review though, it helps me decide to get something else instead as I am still really trying to see the value on it. I thank you greatly for the review.

Great review! My favourite modular building so far. My only issue with this set was that I had a bent plate.

Edited by Danz4

Great review! My favourite modular building so far. My only issue with this set was that I had a bent plate.

Thanks bud....sorry to hear that.

So far the build is smooth and no issues. Hope it will remain till the end like this..:-)

I haven't looked at the other reviews of PR, but since I haven't purchased it yet, I thought I would check this one out. I feel the review is good, great pictures, but to me, this build looks to be the most basic of the modular buildings. I am not sure why, but it feels more basic than the others. Why would there be a big turkey in a Paris Restaurant? Shouldn't there be snails or other French food? And why is the kitchen so small? That little thing is supposed to crank out the food for all those seats?

I do not like that we have the big CHEZ on the floor and then we cover it up with seats. I will still be getting this one, but overall my enthusiasm has waned on it even more. I think the place could be bigger, but I don't feel like spending over $300 to get 2 of them to MOD it to be a proper building.

I do really appreciate the review though, it helps me decide to get something else instead as I am still really trying to see the value on it. I thank you greatly for the review.

I am so sad that this set didnt meet your expectations but inam sure you will find one soon..:-).

You r very welcome sir!

'Tis next up for me! I have all except PR ... and I'll probably get 2 and combine them into a larger building (2-wide).

Oh, and I love how you do your reviews, by the way ...lots of great pictures ... plus the element of surprise by posting the building in stages!

Edited by andyscouse

Why would there be a big turkey in a Paris Restaurant? Shouldn't there be snails or other French food? And why is the kitchen so small? That little thing is supposed to crank out the food for all those seats?

As a french who live in Paris, I find that comment extremely strange. For two reasons :

* first, fowl is very common in french food (not turkey usually - chicken, duck, and goose most often). And the fowl in the set is any generic fowl as far as I know. The size isn't even that big for a goose, pr some specifics kind of chicken.

* second, snails, oysters, and the like may be iconic but aren't very common. Both because it's not too popular (I think about 1/3 of french actually want to eat snail), not too common on actual restaurants, and not a specific sign of high class food (it's wine the main marker). I also think a specific mold for cooked snails and oister would be very hard to do given the small size.

Also, the crampedness is quite typical of Paris actually. Well, I guess they could have added two more story, but the actual appartment and restaurant size are a pretty good representation of my experience.

For a Paris restaurant, the main addition one could make is a cellar. Not for the wine, but because a lot of restaurant use their cellar to have more room for customer. Of course, making a set with a cellar have a lot of complication, including not having the same base level as other modular.

This is the review i was waiting before buy the set: surprisingly I received PR yesterday for my birthday so now i'll judge building it ;-)

'Tis next up for me! I have all except PR ... and I'll probably get 2 and combine them into a larger building (2-wide).

Oh, and I love how you do your reviews, by the way ...lots of great pictures ... plus the element of surprise by posting the building in stages!

Thanks Mate!... :classic:

And to continue the 2nd part of the 1st Floor!

*Bag 2:

-2 minifigures + 2nd part of the 1st Floor

15351349688_1457f4cbf6_b.jpg

15351861170_8a82fea74e_b.jpg

​* Love these Minifigures, and the way how the garçon is holding the try is just WAOOO!

15513798556_0312f065a3_b.jpg

15351856060_8b6ded1a2e_b.jpg

* Back-Side view very simple and cool!

15350852909_40ebae4e41_b.jpg

* Windows on and the Drinks Closet is done.....very cool....ohh man,,,every time i progress in this set i feel i looooove it soo much!

14916706274_f8fa5fd001_b.jpg

* The Wall Decorated Post are so elegant and well done!

And the floor is done!

14917303543_2a2d13a768_b.jpg

14916726744_d32ac00125_b.jpg

14916720944_ddf84c6f61_b.jpg

15351448217_d412821abd_b.jpg

14917281473_a7e737c44a_b.jpg

* This is the First modular set which has no stickers and has printed photos/pictures.

* Glad that all the printed photos are intact and not scratched.

* The Curtain hoe you build it is soo interesting!!..

Definitely i give this floor: 10/10

Stay tuned for 2nd floor soon!

Regards!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

And to continue the 2nd part of the 1st Floor!

*Bag 2:

-2 minifigures + 2nd part of the 1st Floor

​* Love these Minifigures, and the way how the garçon is holding the try is just WAOOO!

* Back-Side view very simple and cool!

* Windows on and the Drinks Closet is done.....very cool....ohh man,,,every time i progress in this set i feel i looooove it soo much!

* The Wall Decorated Post are so elegant and well done!

And the floor is done!

* This is the First modular set which has no stickers and has printed photos/pictures.

* Glad that all the printed photos are intact and not scratched.

* The Curtain hoe you build it is soo interesting!!..

Definitely i give this floor: 10/10

Stay tuned for 2nd floor soon!

Regards!

Great review so far! Reminding me of why I love this modular so much. It was my first one, but it truly is an incredible one, I can only hope the Detective Agency will be as beautiful and with as much detail! By the way thank you for posting these reviews, they really are great resources for modular fans!

Great review so far! Reminding me of why I love this modular so much. It was my first one, but it truly is an incredible one, I can only hope the Detective Agency will be as beautiful and with as much detail! By the way thank you for posting these reviews, they really are great resources for modular fans!

You r most welcome mate!...:-)....indeed, me too i hopr tje Detective Agency will be even better in everything ( Lego should do that easily)..

As a french who live in Paris, I find that comment extremely strange. For two reasons :

* first, fowl is very common in french food (not turkey usually - chicken, duck, and goose most often). And the fowl in the set is any generic fowl as far as I know. The size isn't even that big for a goose, pr some specifics kind of chicken.

* second, snails, oysters, and the like may be iconic but aren't very common. Both because it's not too popular (I think about 1/3 of french actually want to eat snail), not too common on actual restaurants, and not a specific sign of high class food (it's wine the main marker). I also think a specific mold for cooked snails and oister would be very hard to do given the small size.

Also, the crampedness is quite typical of Paris actually. Well, I guess they could have added two more story, but the actual appartment and restaurant size are a pretty good representation of my experience.

For a Paris restaurant, the main addition one could make is a cellar. Not for the wine, but because a lot of restaurant use their cellar to have more room for customer. Of course, making a set with a cellar have a lot of complication, including not having the same base level as other modular.

I am flattered you joined EB just to refute my turkey comment and while I admit having never been to Paris, have a friend who has been many times and been to these restaurants. While I agree that fowl is a main staple of the diet, could you tell me how many times you have had turkey in a restaurant? Not saying it doesn't exist there, but that bird in this kitchen is extremely large and I was going off of Vintage's comment. A quick google search of top Parisian foods never lists turkey as well.

In any case, seeing the second part of the review and getting back on topic, I want to commend Vintage for his technique and great commentary as he continues to bring us through the build. I really like the exterior in the back of the building and the front columns are very nice, also the wine bar, which I first mistook for a fire place is a nice touch.

Having been to Paris, I saw turkey in a sandwich at the Louvre starbucks. I also saw that bright white color that Saint Jamie used on the PR exterior. That white was on the Starbucks cup.

Haha, yeah Starbucks, a true Parisian 5 star restaurant...now if you tell me you ate at Gusteau's with Anton Ego, I might just buy it. ;-)

True i have been to France several times and i saw many types of food including Turkey..well i see this modualr is an ideal type

I think you are all taking the plausibility of certain aspects in these modulars far too serious. First there was the issue of how minifigs get down when there is only one escalator in GE, and now you are arguing weather turkey should be on the menu of a french restaurant.

I think you are all taking the plausibility of certain aspects in these modulars far too serious. First there was the issue of how minifigs get down when there is only one escalator in GE, and now you are arguing weather turkey should be on the menu of a french restaurant.

Well, to take it to a Monty Python level, we're not really talking about turkey per se, but more about the rather large whole bird.

Guys..after all..this is a toy so dont expect 100 identical to real life....otherwise we will end up with sets having more than 5000 pieces if u want to have as per real life..

Edited by VintageLegoEra

:grin: We know, it's really just something to pass the time while we wait for the end of the build and review. I just thought the bird looked out of place since it seemed overly large for such a small kitchen.

In reality, Vintage, I blame you, cause you aren't building fast enough and putting out your great reviews. Please take our comments as facetious.

:grin: We know, it's really just something to pass the time while we wait for the end of the build and review. I just thought the bird looked out of place since it seemed overly large for such a small kitchen.

In reality, Vintage, I blame you, cause you aren't building fast enough and putting out your great reviews. Please take our comments as facetious.

Heheheh...ofcourse i love sense of humor. I hope you guys bear little with me for the delay as i am trying my best to find a time to make this arrangements!

...2nd floor build will be uploaded soon...:-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra