Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest - Day 6: Hemispheres

Day 6: Hemispheres

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the Oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the Oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the Maples

Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the Maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

As night silently falls, the now familiar sounds of mechanical day and the hum of tree-killing tools fills Galidor.

day_6-1.png

Burt and Ernie start by felling one of the larger trees of the forest, a hearty birch tree.

day_6-2.png

It’s hard work, but a few hours later Berty lies on the forest floor.

day_6-3.png

Mr. Big Chief gets to work in another section of the forest.

day_6-4.png

And soon enough, Nash Ash joins Berty as a victim of the night.

day_6-5.png

Walter gets to work with his chainsaw on yet another tree.

day_6-6.png

Suddenly, his saw strikes something very solid in the heart of the tree. Apparently some activists had implanted steel spikes into the trunk to prevent it from being chopped down. Walter’s chainsaw goes flying through the air, still running...

day_6-7.png

… and barely misses Mr Big Chief before miraculously cutting cleanly through Peter Cedar. Meanwhile, Burt and Ernie finish the job Walter started, felling Chester Chestunut.

day_6-8.png

In a fit of uncharacteristic rage, Mr Big Chief dynamites the stump, leaving a large hole where Peter once stood proudly.

day1-1.png

The Elder Alder Alden wakes to the carnage of the previous night.

“Four more beautiful trees felled during the night. I fear our world is being torn asunder into hollow hemispheres.

“Once again, your voting has not produced fruit. Berty Birch was a loyal Oak. So were his friends, Nash Ash and Chester Chestnut. Peter Cedar’s stump is missing, so I cannot tell you his alignment.

“So many trees gone, and yet not a verified Maple among them. Please, find a Maple today.”

The NPCs:

alden2.png

Elder Alden Alder

burt.png

Burt

ernie.png

Ernie

mr_big_chief.png

Mr Big Chief

walter.png

Walter

The Players:

adelaide.png

Adelaide Apple, played by TinyPiesRUs

bruce.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono

jack.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic

lassie.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess

sammy.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley

sue.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob

william.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot

The Fallen:

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon – Lynched Day 1 – Alignment Unknown

laurel_-_stump.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84 – Felled Night 1 – Oak

buck_-_stump.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot – Felled Night 1 - Oak

catarina_-_stump.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1 – Lynched Day 2 - Oak

agnes_-_stump.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw – Felled Night 2 - Oak

vicky_-_stump.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig – Felled Night 2 – Oak

larry_-_stump.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken – Lynched Day 3 - Oak

clem_-_stump.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola – Felled Night 3 – Oak

bobby_-_stump2.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors – Felled Night 3 - Oak

barry_-_hole.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck – Felled Night 3 – Alignment Unknown

hazel_-_hole.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath – Lynched Day 4 – Alignment Unknown

maggie_-_stump.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon – Felled Night 4 – Oak

waldorf_-_stump.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn – Felled Night 4 – Oak

berty_-_stump.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire – Lynched Day 5 – Oak

nash_-_stump.png

Nash Ash, played by Zepher – Felled Night 5 – Oak

chester_-_stump.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy – Felled Night 5 – Oak

peter_-_hole.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88 – Felled Night 5 – Alignment Unknown

The Rules, by which we shall play:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Oaks or the Maples. To win the game, the Oaks must lynch or kill off all of the Maples, while the Maples need to outnumber the voting members of the Oaks. Any Third Party characters will have their own win conditions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.

7. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8a. If you are a Tree Stump, you MAY (and are encouraged to) continue to take part in the Day thread discussions. Tree Stumps may not Vote, they may not use Night Actions, and they cannot be voted for or targeted at night.

8b. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. Don't edit your posts.

10. You must post in every day thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

12. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the host immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

Simon! I have targets for you!

n9254 was 6196 and also Conrade. He chose n4913, then n4861, then n4636 (SWZM) and n1915 (also SWZM). Make of this what you will.

And I guess there has to be a serial killer, right?

Whoa whoa whoa. How the hell was Berty Town?? :wacko::wall: :wall:

Peter was apparently Scum. And we got a verification on Chester...who was killed when and how? I'm missing something.

I'm confounded. Nash and Chester, both Oak. I had one person pushing in private for Chester being Scum and one pushing for Nash. I even suspected Nash.

I've got a major question about Chester. The chainsaw getting stuck, was that in Chester?

n9254 was 6196 and also Conrade. He chose n4913, then n4861, then n4636 (SWZM) and n1915 (also SWZM). Make of this what you will.

Thank you!! I'll check these as soon as I can.

Definitely.

Unless Peter was the Serial Killer, then the day we had a stagnant vote was because it was Peter vs. Hazel.

If we're right about all Scum being removed from the game then our Maples are:

Alastair

Barry

Hazel

Peter

So there's 2-3 Maples left considering Peter might have been SK, correct?

Serial killer, or the bomb?

Can we get some clarification from the stumps / town block on what kill(s) the town did so the rest of us can get our brains working on this too?

And yes, it appears that the chainsaw stuck in Chester. Here's his image from an earlier day: chester.png

But should we read anything into that?

And finally, something that pinged me was Alder's last instruction: “So many trees gone, and yet not a verified Maple among them. Please, find a Maple today.” Does that mean we're wrong that no stump = maple? Or does that just mean there is a janitor who's been taking away the scum stumps?

n9254 was 6196 and also Conrade.

:hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf::wall: :wall:

But should we read anything into that?

Yes.

Back to the serial killer - assuming we have one, why no kill night 1 and 2? That just doesn't make sense for a SK to skip two nights of kills! So I'm thinking they MUST have a special win condition. The alternative explanation would be that they were prevented two nights in a row and not since - so they were blocked one night and target was protected the other night? Or they targeted the same person as the vig one night? Ditto for matching the scum target? I guess that's possible, but it sure doesn't seem likely to have been prevented two nights in a row at the beginning of the game when there were so many trees still around.

:hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf::wall: :wall:

Yes.

1. Care to translate for the rest of us?

2. Why? Why should we assume there's meaning in the stuck chainsaw? Normally the images don't have clues and we've already been over this ground.

Waldorf,

6196 is Scaevola 8501 or Chester 1590

SWZM... :look:

And yes, it appears that the chainsaw stuck in Chester. Here's his image from an earlier day: chester.png

I disagree. Chester has too much black in his foliage to be the tree that is shown. Also, the roots seem inconsistent. Given that Alder said "another tree", implying that we perhaps aren't supposed to know the identity of the mystery tree.

Back to the serial killer - assuming we have one, why no kill night 1 and 2? That just doesn't make sense for a SK to skip two nights of kills! So I'm thinking they MUST have a special win condition. The alternative explanation would be that they were prevented two nights in a row and not since - so they were blocked one night and target was protected the other night? Or they targeted the same person as the vig one night? Ditto for matching the scum target? I guess that's possible, but it sure doesn't seem likely to have been prevented two nights in a row at the beginning of the game when there were so many trees still around.

Mechanics, codes and Serial Killer. You have a very interesting focus.

No. I'm talking with a stump in code for a reason. Someone who has been pushing the codes so hard should appreciate the need for discretion. Unless you're insinuating Waldorf is trying to hide something? :hmpf:

2. Why? Why should we assume there's meaning in the stuck chainsaw? Normally the images don't have clues and we've already been over this ground.

I know there is meaning.

8501 is right. The action did both 8501 and Conrade.

I must have mixed up something, but we're clear now.

Except there's no explicit statement of Chester being chopped down, so I think Alder just forgot to name Chester in the images. The roots - just seeing a different side of the tree. And the leaves - Chester has the darkest leaves of any of the three of you (Chester, Waldorf, Sammy) with that large, lighter color trunk. So I'm 99.5% sure that's Chester with spikes in him. If I was going to read ANYTHING into it, I'd say Chester was a bomb and Peter was the scum killer, but I still don't think the images are supposed to hint anything.

The host forgot to write Chester's death in. :blush:

The opening of Day 6 has been updated. No cool picture of Chester, though. Sorry Chester. :cry_sad:

Serial killer, or the bomb?

I'm willing to bet that he's the bomb, simply by the way that it worked out. Activists planting steel spikes in his tree causing a chainsaw to go flying into someone else?

The whole point of the code system is to prevent the scum from learning potentially vital information. Let Waldorf and Simon have their Klingon chat. When they're done I'm sure they'll report something.

N1 6196 n4913 & Conrade n4861

N2 6196 n4636 & Conrade n1915

Yes?

I'd say Chester was a bomb and Peter was the scum killer, but I still don't think the images are supposed to hint anything.

Yes! That's what happened. Thank you. :wacko: He was the bomb. :laugh:

I thought they had blocked him and killed him and the SK had killed Peter. :wacko:

It's hard to decipher with NPCs cutting down trees. :blush:

Mechanics, codes and Serial Killer. You have a very interesting focus.

No. I'm talking with a stump in code for a reason. Someone who has been pushing the codes so hard should appreciate the need for discretion. Unless you're insinuating Waldorf is trying to hide something? :hmpf:

I know there is meaning.

Focus, as in trying to figure out WHAT IS GOING ON? Yeah, that's strange for an oak to want to discuss things to see what others are thinking and scumhunt that way. *oh2*

Yes, code is a good thing. Except then you ahve Waldorf replying that maybe there's a second one, and things like that. And it's day 6 with just 8 of us left. Odds are pretty high that it ends tonight, so why not just lay the cards out now?

And just how do you KNOW there's meaning? Because you want there to be? Or do you have some of that stuff, what's it called again, oh yeah. PROOF?

N1 6196 & Conrade n4913

N2 6196 & Conrade n4861

N3 6196 & Conrade n4636 (SWZM to n4209)

N4 6196 & Conrade n1915 (SWZM to n4209)

Sorry I'm confusing you :blush: .

Should I say the name of the role to get anyone with the same role to claim to you?

And just how do you KNOW there's meaning? Because you want there to be? Or do you have some of that stuff, what's it called again, oh yeah. PROOF?

I can corroborate what Simon says.

So, the vig killed Nash

Peter killed Chester

Chester killed Peter passively

Two active kills... :wacko:

Focus, as in trying to figure out WHAT IS GOING ON? Yeah, that's strange for an oak to want to discuss things to see what others are thinking and scumhunt that way. *oh2*

Since I was thinking a third kill took out Peter I thought the Scum had blocked Chester's bomb action. I was hoping they would think that we were "defending" him for a reason. Your questions made me think you knew more about it. It was a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry. I'm getting jumpy.

Yes, code is a good thing. Except then you ahve Waldorf replying that maybe there's a second one, and things like that. And it's day 6 with just 8 of us left. Odds are pretty high that it ends tonight, so why not just lay the cards out now?

It's not what you think. Like I asked everyone not to ask further about why Bruce and I weren't saying anything further about the investigator on Day Three, I'm asking everyone now not to ask what Waldorf and I are discussing until I know enough to bring it to everyone.

Because Chester was the one who claimed bomb to me and he's Town so there's no reason for him to lie about that. That's how I KNOW. And you were nice enough to point out that we have PROOF of it.

:tongue: Sorry I got snippy with you with my first reaction. I had a different interpretation of what happened with the tree renderings and the lack of Chester being felled added to it and you were the first person to comment so my frustration went to you.

Ok, thanks. Now that we've got clarification from Alder and you, I see why you said the image had meaning. Aka, now there's proof :) So I went and checked day 4 - all four trees that day were just cut down, no flying chainsaws or anything. So I assume that means there was not a bomb or pgo or something that night, which backs up the assertion that the IS a SK in the game.

So Peter was either scum killer or a SK. Guess we'll find out tonight, when we may or may not have an extra kill. For Peter to be an SK though, the scum would have had to be prevented (or have targeted Nash along with the vig) Or if Peter was a scum, the SK would have had to fail or target one of the dead.

Waldorf, do you think we would have a Scaevola 6225 (that's the code I sent to him) and a n3800 SUXT??

n3800... :sceptic:

Since I was thinking a third kill took out Peter I thought the Scum had blocked Chester's bomb action. I was hoping they would think that we were "defending" him for a reason. Your questions made me think you knew more about it. It was a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry. I'm getting jumpy.

Because Chester was the one who claimed bomb to me and he's Town so there's no reason for him to lie about that. That's how I KNOW. And you were nice enough to point out that we have PROOF of it.

:tongue: Sorry I got snippy with you with my first reaction. I had a different interpretation of what happened with the tree renderings and the lack of Chester being felled added to it and you were the first person to comment so my frustration went to you.

Weird that the board combined your posts... since the end of this post was posted AFTER my next post, where I acknowledge the proof :) Strange internet things going on... and apology accepted. Jumpiness is understandable at this point. Hopefully this will soon be over and we can just enjoy the sunshine together, maybe even replant our fallen oak friends?

Waldorf, do you think we would have a Scaevola 6225 (that's the code I sent to him) and a n3800 SUXT??

n3800... :sceptic:

Ok, care to explain THIS conversation? :grin: KIDDING!

This confirms that scum get blown up and townies get turned into stumps. That means that we should look at those who were hesitant/unwilling to vote for Alastair and Hazel.

Then what do we make of Alastair, since he was plucked rather than blown up? Some 3rd party, or just being a smaller tree, no dynamite was needed?