Silver City Mafia: Day 4 - Dances With Wolves

Players only please!

7381746522_4e89b2c30c_o.png

Friday, June 25th

10:31 P.M.

9215401307_8ec462e1df_o.png

A dark sky looms over the canyon.

9218175696_f129d75319_o.png

Overcome with despair at the death of her beloved Zachary, Connie decides to drown her troubles in adrenaline.

Tonight's challenge: ride down the rapids on one single piece of wood.

9215400853_df7ba24da8_o.png

Suddenly, she begins coughing, which sets off her balance.

"W-woah... woooahhhh!"

9218175260_57b4780caa_o.png

With a dramatic splash, Connie lands in the flowing river.

9218175160_58e2bae2c6_o.png

The river flows on, carrying her board downstream...

~~~

Saturday, June 26th

1:21 A.M.

9218174778_e4e6e754fd_o.png

Connie's bloated body washes up onshore downstream. Her face is contorted in a way quite similar to Zachary's.

Needless to say, that is the end of poor Connie Radford (Clanure).

~~~

Saturday, June 26th

1:46 A.M.

9215399921_27fe2d348e_o.png

After several attempts, Jessica Nelson has finally broken into the room that Captain Minnow is currently using during his stay in Silver City.

Dressed only in her sleazy nightgown, Jessica is prepared to do ~whatever~ it takes to marry back into money.

9215399603_64cc37e115_o.png

Suddenly, something catches Jess's eye: the captain's journal.

"Well, isn't this interesting..." she mutters to herself. "A detailed account of everything that's happened so far. Seems pretty useless if you ask me."

9215399873_0f0893d6bc_o.png

Without warning, a dark figure bursts open the door. Startled, Jessica lets out a yelp. "Yelp!"

9218174210_e0df292289_o.png

"Oh... Captain Minnow... it's you." she says with a sigh of relief. (However, once again, the figure is not who it appears to be.) "What are you doing in full dress uniform this late? And wasn't your sword a little less... menacing?"

The figure, as always, says nothing, and simply encroaches further upon her.

9218174008_c229e4cd4e_o.png

"C-captain...? W-what are you doing?? Captain... CAPTAIN, NO, STO-"

With a spattering noise, Jessica Nelson falls silent.

9215399203_11e022074a_o.png

About a minute later, her severed head is thrown out the saloon window.

9215399087_2d9669f3f0_o.png

The Silver City Saloon finally falls silent as Jessica's head hits the stairs and rolls down onto the gravel.

Thus ends the life of Jessica Nelson (jamesn).

~~~

Saturday, June 26th, 1880

Silver City, AZ

This is an absolute catastrophe - if word about this gets out, my career is over. So many innocents dead, and not one murderer. If its goes on like this much longer, I may as well conveniently exterminate the entire population of this town and claim that they were all in on it.

Still, I'd like to avoid going to that length; the bodies may someday be found. We certainly don't want that, do we?

Now, on the topic of the victims. First we have Zachary Radford - the man who grew snakeskin on his face. After a thorough investigation, we've concluded that he was Village. Interestingly enough, his wife also died by similar means, and was found this morning in the river. She too was Village.

Then we have Beatrice Kingsley. Despite her continuous inactivity, Kingsley was also Village. Finally, there's Jessica Nelson... who for some reason was found dead in my office. Well, most of her was, anyway. Needless to say, she was Village.

9218173500_46c6d1e9ee_o.png

The captain is even more preoccupied this morning than he has been on other mornings. The tortured man stands atop the gallows, brooding over his audience.

9218173630_45fc5c758e_o.png

Meanwhile, poor Abigail Nelson has changed into her mourning attire once again. And again, Miss Jellison comforts her.

9215398283_9402b2cae2_o.png

Someone else has also changed into mourning attire. Poor Tristan Kinglsey stands at the back of the crowd, weeping. How could he have killed his aunt? Silent as she was, she was his last family.

Well, everyone did vote for her, but he was still the one who dealt the final blow on her neck. Poor Tristan.

9218172768_201cacd67a_o.png

Captain Minnow doesn't ask for anyone's attention this time. The crowd is mortified - they all know by now that every single corpse has been a loyal villager.

"You all know what's happened." he begins, "This is unacceptable, and cannot happen again. The murderers are getting closer and closer to their goal... We cannot let them reach it!"

9215397963_3ba85c856a_o.png

"People of Silver City! Don't take today - or any other days - lightly! We need to be vigilant to catch the villains of Silver City!!"

The Living (16)

9080893438_540143c5b3_o.png Captain Thomas A. Minnow - Not played by Tamamono

9080892068_e5bb820696_o.png Corporal Daniel Sutcliffe - NPC

9080893228_17f9ab4222_o.png Private Arthur Stark - NPC

9042888960_8291c3155c_o.png Liz Devon, wife of Patrick - played by LegoDad

9042823538_1d1b22afdf_o.png Boris Wheeler, lawyer - played by TheBoyWonder

9040822363_a1534f03bc_o.png Perry Nathan, baker - played by Peanuts

9043059604_00501e371b_o.png Carletta Maria Puerta, fortune teller - played by CallMePie

9040800247_6388d2a365_o.png Michael Thompson, miner, father of Sheridan and husband of Esther - played by Mencot

9040830261_dea05a378a_o.png Tristan Kingsley, stableboy and nephew of Beatrice - played by Trumpetking

9042818992_3deee9ab65_o.png Clay Redfeather, fur trapper - played by Capt. Redblade

9040672667_50764f2dfe_o.png Prudence Jellison, teacher - played by Purpearljellyblob

9042846890_1f65b475cf_o.png Damien Long, farmhand and son of Kimberly - played by Dannylonglegs

9040805633_ddebb9d3a6_o.png Abigail Nelson, daughter of Drake and Jessica - played by Adam

9043017384_e455c1b788_o.png Molly Tennant, saloon dancer - played by mostlytechnic

9042846738_cd6c7e1a8d_o.png Tony P. Russel, cardsharp - played by TinyPiesRUs

9040601813_ba0c7a5b98_o.png Patrick Devon, general store owner and husband of Liz - played by PirateDave

9042817674_47d0e1d5fc_o.png Kenneth Emanuel, sheriff - played by fhomess

9043049178_3c77b0218e_o.png Sheridan Thompson, miner and daughter of Michael and Esther - played by Scubacarrot

9043041612_f7f5e87fe5_o.png Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman - played by Kadabra

The Deceased (8):

9126183325_f5233be558_o.png Brandon Rutherford, secretary - NPC, Killed Night 0

9160796096_dcf055e3f7_o.png Caleb Norman, drunkard - played by Captain Nemo, Lynched Day 1 - Village

9160796046_6d292e0d10_o.png Drake D. Nelson, mayor of Silver City - played by Darkdragon, Killed Night 1 - Village

9189702358_ab1a693b74_o.png Esther Thompson - played by Esurient, Lynched Day 2 - Village

9186902369_3671fedd46_o.png Kimberly Long, farmer - played by Kristel, Killed Night 2 - Village

9219899106_c7ef250034_o.png Zachary Radford, rancher - played by Zakura, Died Day 3 - Village

9217128625_0e9ba80d46_o.png Beatrice Kingsley, bartender - played by Bob, Lynched Day 3 - Village

9217128701_5f34887a05_o.png Connie Radford, rancher - played by Clanure, Died Night 3 - Village

9217128697_fe10ca269d_o.png Jessica Nelson - played by jamesn, Killed Night 3 - Village

Reserves:

def

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Red Coyote Gang. To win the game, the Village must kill off all non-Villagers, while the Coyotes must outnumber the Village. Third-Party (Independent) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). Proxy voting is allowed, and must be presented in the following format;Proxy: Character (Player). Unproxying is to be presented in this format; Unproxy: Character (Player) No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote count will be lynched. Voting each day is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the next day. If no one is lynched when the end of a game day comes around, someone will be chosen and killed at random.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to me within the first 24 hours of the night stage. Late night actions will not be accepted.

4. The alignment of dead players will be revealed the morning after they die. For example, Player A dies during Night 1, so his affiliation is revealed on Day 2. However, the affiliation of a player lynched on Day 1 will not be revealed until the morning of Day 2.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host or other players via PM. This includes all the details of your character, role, conversations, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty vote against you for every 5 players still alive on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense. Modkills will not be occurring this game.

If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact me via PM.

Well, crap. While I had my suspicions about Aunt B, I was leaning town on Connie and was pretty sure Jessica was town. I'm really starting to wonder if the folks that are poisoned are not able to talk about it. This is #2 that has gone the way of the green face and they have both essentially given the town nothing before their death. That or they don't know it has happened, but in Zachary's case, it certainly seemed like he knew he was going to die. With both the main targets yesterday being town, not sure we'll get a whole lot from the voting, but you never know. Going to have to start looking at things differently, as the way we've been going about trying to find Coyotes is not working. I sure hope we got something out of last night, we need a lead, people!

Oh, my. Things certainly aren't looking good here at all. We're down 8 townies, and no scum. I thought we would have had at least one or two scum by now, and both Beatrice and Connie were acting strange, yet they came up as town. While I'm sad to have voted for my Aunt, she was certainly acting odd enough to appear anti-town. We need to recollect ourselves, and take a look at everything we've seen. Is anybody else wondering why Zachary died during the day and Connie died during the night? How is this possible? I think my next suspicions are going to be on Boris. It's more of a gut feeling, and I will say his behavior is quite different of how I've seen him before. I've seen him write about himself as scum before, and one of those times he was acting fairly similar to now, where he was fairly tunneled on a town janitor for the police station in Kirksville, but then took his vote away shortly after. He ended up being scum then, so who's to say he isn't now?

Crud. Now that the poisoner's kills are coming in, this is looking a lot more urgent. I still say Wheeler is our best bet because of the points I outlined yesterday (sheep-y, compliant, wishy-washy, bad logic).

More good news. The Mighty Carletta Emilia Benita Anne-Marie Rosita Priscilla Lucia Cecilia Maria Garcia Giuliana Vittoria Roberta Consuela Rosalina Margarita Puerta just found out she's part French, too. :sweet:

More bad news, we're down eight townies and no scum. :hmpf_bad: I'm starting to wonder that despite the rather off MO, maybe the snakeskin killer is the vigilante? Both targets have been rather suspicious in the days. Weird how Zachary died in the middle of the day and Connie died at night, though.

I think my next suspicions are going to be on Boris. It's more of a gut feeling, and I will say his behavior is quite different of how I've seen him before. I've seen him write about himself as scum before, and one of those times he was acting fairly similar to now, where he was fairly tunneled on a town janitor for the police station in Kirksville, but then took his vote away shortly after. He ended up being scum then, so who's to say he isn't now?

It's possible. The Mighty Carletta noticed his strange behavior, too, but she is not sure whether it is indicative of scuminess or not.

We're not in a good situation. We have lost a lot of townies and what's worse is, that we don't have anyone who can be trusted. I've got a few suspects (to some extent, everyone's a suspect), but most of them only because they haven't added much into the discussion. That applies to a suprising lot of people here, which makes the whole scum-finding a lot harder...

Dang, this is off to a terrible start. Definitely harder than any other town I've been in.... Gotta go do my shift at the saloon, but I'll be back to talk more later. I'm with liz though in susecting that the poisoned know they're dying but can't tell us. Heck, maybe we oughta have people report regularly that they're ok, so that if/when they STOP declaring that we know they're about to die...

Ffffuuuuuuuu

Connie and Beatrice were bad at being good townies and now we have caught zero scum WTF! This is getting a bit frustrating.

I'm going to be extremely busy for the next 36 hours but I'll try and be as active as I can when I get a chance to pop in.

Before I go, I would like to put something on the table for discussion:

I have an idea as to whom the 'poisoner' might be and it goes as follows;

(note that I won't reveal my suspicion immediately as I would like to see what your thoughts are.)

We only had one kill on days one and two, then a day kill on day 3 and a night kill on night 3.

What happened between day 1-2 and day 3?

I think there is a reason as to why the kills were inconsistent.

What are your thoughts on this?

I also have a very strong idea on who this poisoner is. I'm sure you all want to know, and I'll get to it. Those who wish to know my suspect should say "Yes", "Aye", or whatever the hell you want. Those against (Though I don't know why you wouldn't you'll just be pinged) can say "No", "Nay", or whatever the hell you want. Now I'm off to take a short nap.

My only doubts are that this is a somewhat meta suspicion, but it all fits.

Ok, I was catonic most of yesterday. My mother's death and the moving it resulted in really put me out. (I'm living in the pigpen now) Sorry. :sadnew:

That said, really? You voted Beatrice off? I suppose my frustration stems more from not being a part of the vote, and less from the fact that Beatrice turned up town, but Beatrice always acts that way. She's what might be called a "Lurker." I didn't find anything unusual about how Beatrice was acting and I'm surprised that the "vote off for lurking." beat "vote off for suspicious behavor." yesterday. :hmpf_bad:

I think it could be possible that Beatrice was Lynched in order to save Connie from being Lynched. Considering the slow climb her bandwagon endured, followed by the very quick, last-minute switch to Beatrice, I'm actually quite convinced in this. Unless a better suspect or reasoning comes to light, Connie will be my main candidate for the lynch today. Other than that, some of Boris's statements have raised my suspicions... as did his vote-unvote from yesterday. I'm also still suspicious of Michael.

I'm going to be extremely busy for the next 36 hours but I'll try and be as active as I can when I get a chance to pop in.

I know the feeling. :sceptic:

I also have a very strong idea on who this poisoner is. I'm sure you all want to know, and I'll get to it. Those who wish to know my suspect should say "Yes", "Aye", or whatever the hell you want. Those against (Though I don't know why you wouldn't you'll just be pinged) can say "No", "Nay", or whatever the hell you want. Now I'm off to take a short nap.

Aye.

I think it could be possible that Beatrice was Lynched in order to save Connie from being Lynched. Considering the slow climb her bandwagon endured, followed by the very quick, last-minute switch to Beatrice, I'm actually quite convinced in this. Unless a better suspect or reasoning comes to light, Connie will be my main candidate for the lynch today. Other than that, some of Boris's statements have raised my suspicions... as did his vote-unvote from yesterday.

Your mother's death may have been a distracting part in this, but Connie's dead....

We're not in a good situation. We have lost a lot of townies and what's worse is, that we don't have anyone who can be trusted. I've got a few suspects (to some extent, everyone's a suspect), but most of them only because they haven't added much into the discussion. That applies to a suprising lot of people here, which makes the whole scum-finding a lot harder...

Well, who are they then? No time like the present...

I don't really see a reason to reveal the poisoner. It seems pretty clear to me they aren't a member of the Coyotes. Zachary and Connie were both under heavy suspicion, so it makes little sense for the Coyotes to have killed them. The Coyotes would have been quite happy to leave them be (as they had with Esther) and let them get lynched instead.

There's a possibility the poisoner is working with the town. Worst case scenario, the poisoner is a third party, who is probably willing to work with the town for the moment in order to prevent a complete Coyote steamroll. It should be our first priority to vote off a Coyote today.

Also, what's the point of starting a vote if you say from the outset that anyone who says "nay" is suspicious?

I'd like to hear more from Abigail and Clay Redfeather today, I've almost forgotten they exist.

Well, who are they then? No time like the present...

I don't really see a reason to reveal the poisoner. It seems pretty clear to me they aren't a member of the Coyotes. Zachary and Connie were both under heavy suspicion, so it makes little sense for the Coyotes to have killed them. The Coyotes would have been quite happy to leave them be (as they had with Esther) and let them get lynched instead.

There's a possibility the poisoner is working with the town. Worst case scenario, the poisoner is a third party, who is probably willing to work with the town for the moment in order to prevent a complete Coyote steamroll. It should be our first priority to vote off a Coyote today.

Also, what's the point of starting a vote if you say from the outset that anyone who says "nay" is suspicious?

I'd like to hear more from Abigail and Clay Redfeather today, I've almost forgotten they exist.

Even if the poisoner is working with us, we still need to kill him to win. I personally don't know how I feel about a killer running around, if we need to kill them. It's possible that the deaths of Connie and Zachary were meant to make us think that the poisoner is on our side. There is still a point in the vote, as I want to hear a general consensus. You said I shouldn't reveal my idea, and It's not so much as a ping for me, but something that I'll keep in mind. Honestly, I think we should focus on the poisoner as well, because we'll have one less death to worry about. We can do scum hunting as well. Like you said, Abigail is being quiet, and that's something I'm not used to seeing from her.

I find it highly likely that the Poisoner is the SK, so I'd love to hear suspicions on who he is. SKs are sneaky little buggers that are very much underestimated by the town (Remember Harriet Slutter? We didn't lynch a known SK and look how well that turned out).

I accept I am at the moment a main suspect. If anybody has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

And as for the Poisoner, he seems to be working for the town at the moment, killing off all the suspects we have had so far; so I'd say we shouldn't reveal him. At least not yet.

Why would you want to reveal the poisoner?? He killed Zachary and Connie as far as we can tell. Two of people's highest suspicions. Even considering that is highly suspicious, I'll be back later with a list of thoughts.

I don't know who the poisoner is, but I have an idea. That's why I'm leaving it up to a vote before I say anything. I'm just putting that option out there, as even though now the poisoner might be on our side, they're going to want to kill us all sooner or later. It's not like we have to lynch them. I'm just putting the idea out there, and if people don't want me to announce my thoughts, then so be it.

The poisoner can be town, too. I actually forgot about the vig. :blush:

In that case, it probably would have been smart for me to think of the vig when writing that. In fact, it makes me a bit more comfortable with my thoughts there. I thought the poisoner was either a day vig or SK yesterday, and I kinda went with SK in my post. That's my own fault, and I apologize for it.

As others have mentioned, the poisoner has been killing off our suspicions. This poisoner could very well be the vig. If this poisoner is a day vig (like how Zachary was killed), then Connie should die in the day as well. But Connie was killed at night. So there is a huge gap in reasoning if one is to say the same person killed off Zachary and Connie. Unless the poisoner can choose to kill anytime, day or night, at will, then it will make sense. Similarly, if this poisoner is the third party, how can you explain the day/night kills? So I would say yes if you think this poisoner is the third party and no if you think he/she is the vig.

As others have mentioned, the poisoner has been killing off our suspicions. This poisoner could very well be the vig. If this poisoner is a day vig (like how Zachary was killed), then Connie should die in the day as well. But Connie was killed at night. So there is a huge gap in reasoning if one is to say the same person killed off Zachary and Connie. Unless the poisoner can choose to kill anytime, day or night, at will, then it will make sense. Similarly, if this poisoner is the third party, how can you explain the day/night kills? So I would say yes if you think this poisoner is the third party and no if you think he/she is the vig.

Granted that the poisoner could be the Vig but we cannot disregard the fact that he/she could also be the SK.

The day kill and night kill probably means that this person had two kills on day 3, what do you make of this?

Should the poisoner be the SK, we need to kill him; town cannot win with the SK alive. So why the reluctance (Boris, Tony, Sheridan) to look into it? The way I see this is that the poisoner is currently helping scum in weeding us out; do you not think that this deserves a bit more scrutiny?

He is helping us remove potential scum and as such he deserves scrutiny? In what way is someone helping us harmful?

The only people he has killed so far have been our suspects. That is hardly weeding us out.

Have you considered talking with your suspected poisoner in private first?

Have you considered talking with your suspected poisoner in private first?

Yes, I think that would be the best course of action. No idea who they are, but since they have killed our suspects, I don't want them revealed to the scum.

Anyway, I've spent a bit of time thinking about everything, and I have tried to find out who is most likely to be in the same scum group.

I assumed that there are six scum members, because that seems to be the usual number. With 15 people (excluding me) left alive, and six of them scum, there are 5005 possible combinations, and I eliminated all the ones I think are unlikely (due to people not working together, accusing each other etc.) and now there are five combinations of six people left that I think are likely.

These are:

- Kane

- Carletta

- Kenneth

- Prudence

- Liz

- Abigail

- Kane

- Damien

- Prudence

- Abigail

- Kenneth

and either Carletta or Tony

- Prudence

- Abigail

- Carletta

- Liz

- Kenneth

and either Clay or Boris

Prudence, Kenneth and Abigail are in all of them. I'm not sure if I'm accurate regarding Kenneth, he was very quiet on the first two days (before he changed comepletely), which distorts the results.

Also, I don't think Kane actually is scum, because he voted yesterday for Jessica, who was scumkilled last night. By the way, you may wonder why the scum killed Jessica? She was the investigator. My best guess is that they role-copped and then killed her. So, voting for your victim right before you kill them is not the smartest scum move (unless there's a bandwagon going on), which leads me to believe it was not a scum move at all. I'm not sure about Boris, though, who also voted for her, because he didn't start it and left it immediately, as if he was called back by his buddies.

Hence I think the most likely combinations are the last two ones.