Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[MOD] Retractible landing gear and functional boarding ramp for the MF

The millenium falcon, being such an iconic ship is a must have for any collector but it has always featured the same significant flaws: non retractable landing gear, useless boarding ramp (its not like the figs will actually get in there that way but you know :wink:), and tiny flimsy little quad blasters, so here are my solutions to such issues:

19642201604_6e37c1c029.jpg25 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

20238593526_3a8392688c.jpg26 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

20264846095_6b121477c1.jpg20 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

20076854438_a2eb35d5a5.jpg21 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

20264841975_d1ce839a2b.jpg22 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

19642205904_ee934d4e1e.jpg23 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

20256544472_7d8a97682c.jpg24 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

I can go deep into details if I see any interest, by the way, this is the 2004 one.

Looks nice. I've just been hit by a huge nostalgia wave :grin: Nice solutions to some of the issues. I've always wanted to do something like this with the 2011 version but I've never gotten around to it.

I really like what you've done here.

I'm considering the UCS Falcon, and I don't see how you could make the gear retract, but I'd love to have a working access ramp, as it's usually displayed in a in a way that the ramp would likely to be open. Has any done an opening ramp mod for it?

James

I really like what you've done here.

I'm considering the UCS Falcon, and I don't see how you could make the gear retract, but I'd love to have a working access ramp, as it's usually displayed in a in a way that the ramp would likely to be open. Has any done an opening ramp mod for it?

James

I think what could be done with the UCS falcon is to use a very similar mechanism to this one but with double beams like you can see on the landing gear of the new Tydirium set, regarding to the boarding ramp, it shouldn't be too hard because its supposed to stand taller than this one so that you would only have to place a swiveling long plate with a little locking mechanism (the problem with most MFs is that the docking ring blocks the way in because the falcon stands too low), but you could have a better answer at the general lego questions topic.

Edited by Nom Carver