DLuders

Gabor Horvath's Minifig-Scaled Lego RC Daf Truck

1328356794m_SPLASH.jpg13283568244_SPLASH.jpg

Earlier this month on MOCpages, Gabor Horvath posted his Lego minifig-scaled Remote-Controlled Daf Truck. It uses Lego Power Functions elements inside a truck body that is only 6 STUDS WIDE! :cry_happy:

Basic information:

Length of the whole truck: 44 studs

Length of the trailer: 34 studs

Width: 10 studs (with mirrors)

Height: 30.5 plates

Steering: PF M-Motor

Driving: PF M-Motor

13283568285_SPLASH.jpg

He notes that in the picture above, "The drive comes from the motor on the left of the picture, through the axle in the foreground to the differential. Then it becomes faster through the light brown and the black gears, then becomes slower through the worm screws. Only one wheel is drived on each side. I think [a differential] is necessary to avoid creaking in the bends and the convolution of the axles and there is enough place, so why not? The wheels are 7 stud wide. It increases the stability and makes the driving more reliable. The other two wheels (they are not drived) are own-built. They don’t bring weight, they are a little bit smaller, so the tires aren’t tight. If they brought some weight, they would steel it from the drived wheels. The result would be, that the truck couldn’t go.

13283571063_SPLASH.jpg13283568213_SPLASH.jpg13283579741_SPLASH.jpg13283568316_SPLASH.jpg13283567991_SPLASH.jpg13283568417_SPLASH.jpg

He also posted this this Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf Building Instruction file (Note: 4 elements were removed). He noted in the

below, "If you steer too much, it will destroy the mechanism of the steering." However, this could be easily remedied by replacing the 24-tooth Technic Gear behind the truck cab with a 60c01 "Technic, Gear 24 Tooth Clutch".

60c01.jpg

I think the poor driver would have a very bad day trying to go around a tight bend :laugh::wink: .

that is one impressively small truck!

tim

This truck would look great driving around in a Lego Cityscape. Using LDD Manager, I created a PDF Parts List (showing the 587 parts in his LDD model) -- download it here via SkyDrive. :classic:

I saw this one time ago, it is smaller but it hasn´t got steering wheel, good for the small trucks :thumbup:.

Remote controlled DAF XF with EuroCombi trailer
Edited by jorgeopesi

Hello everyone and thanks for the nice opinions! :)

I'm the builder of this RC Daf truck and I would like to tell you, that I uploaded it to Cuusoo! If you want to buy it as a Lego set and play with at home later, plesae support it. You can find it here: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21319

I appreciate every votes! :)

@ Gabor: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Your minifig-scaled Power Functions truck is very nice!

thumb640x360.jpg