Sign in to follow this  
SNIPE

Separating sub-parts in LDD

Hi

Can anybody think of a way to seperate these subparts in LDD?

I have tried using the rotation tool trick but it did not work , maybe it was me but feel free to ry again / trysomething else.

The one I have in real life from the hose brick is without the hollow stud on the end: - 752.gif

join.png

The black parts are useful for decoration. I have seperated them in real life easily.

Regards, Snipe

My understanding is that the parts can not be separated in LDD,my guess is that these parts are not used separately from there other component in real Lego sets so the Lego group just added them as one model.

The small one work fine using separate trick. (use flex tool: click on black stick, then use hinge tool to rotate 1x3 plate)

The big one is not an assembly part so separate trick will not work, and invisible color (color coed 999 or 0) not work with flex part, either. All we can do is using twist trick to make the tube become thin. (fix both side then rotate on side)

19857775922_1c10c86fce_c.jpgLDD trick by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

My understanding is that the parts can not be separated in LDD,my guess is that these parts are not used separately from there other component in real Lego sets so the Lego group just added them as one model.

lego has used separated turntable plates in official sets, though. In fact, they now seem to be used more as "vents" than as turntables.