goatman461

[SoNE Freebuild] 7.2 - Rebel Infantry Transport

15713112572_cbfb391d50_c.jpg

Peaceful citizens of the outer rim feel the wrath of the entrenched Rebel forces. An Imperial campaign has cornered a small Rebel contingent on this agrarian planet. Starving, the Rebel forces attack a nearby farmer bringing his harvest in from the field.

15525658199_099be22fbf_n.jpg15091610344_3e21dceca6_n.jpg

The Rebels load their stolen goods into an RIT, Rebel Infantry Transport. Two forward cannons and heavy armor make this ship ideal for smashing through Imperial blockades and avoiding aerial attacks.

15711525235_8c65548bb8_n.jpg15709634101_75748baed0.jpg

The starving Rebels hurriedly load their transport while Imperial officers watch on, delighted in what they see. This small band of Rebels is part of a larger propaganda campaign orchestrated by the ISB. While the Rebel base could be destroyed at any time, starving the Rebels and forcing them to attack local farmers for food will provide invaluable footage for news broadcasts across the galaxy.

15876171632_ee6be3c3ef.jpg

RIT - Hologram by goatman461, on Flickr

Please judge the first build; the hologram scene is just extra. Thank you BEAVeR for the tutorial (although I did deviate slightly). C&C always welcome.

Shameless, those rebels stealing from poor citizens just trying to earn a living.

I like the build, at first I thought it was a repeat, then I realized this was the one you had previously previewed. The transport is cool and reminds me some of the transports in Rebels. I like the color splashes in the scene as it draws the eye around it, but the one part that I'm struggling with is the light sand (?) with the sparse vegetation and then the sudden lush greenery. I'm not sure if they have a better solution but I'd kind of expect the "farmed" portion to either be in straight rows or a circle based on irrigation techniques. One other minor critique is that it looks like they have more security than people actually gathering supplies. Plus the 3 rebels on the 6x6 plate are poorly trained for huddling so close together. They'd be easy pickings for an explosive or rapid firing weapon. :wink:

Been watching the new Rebels cartoon have we? I love this transport! You've done a great job creating a perfect SW vehicle. You've also shown the darker side of the Empire's tactics. Allowing it's citizens to be attacked simply for some good PR? How shameless!