Sign in to follow this  
BrickTango

Hello, my name is BrickTango

Hi all,

I have recently came out of my Dark Ages (apparently that's what it is called!!!).

As the story is with most I have had some great lego sets while growing up. The two that sticks in my mind are the Yellow Castle and a factory themed set that had the earlier minifigs with solid legs, the set had a crane in it I think!!! Wonder what set number that is?

Anyway a little while back when I was surfing the net I came across a SW minifig in one of the auction sites and bid for it and won! BIG mistake!!! Fast forward (less than a year!) I have hundreds of minifigs from all different themes, new sets coming out of my ears plus a couple of bulk lots!!!

Recently got 3 of the modular buildings too!!!

I do not have a favourite theme as yet. I am going to continue collecting minifigs and start working on a couple of modular building MOCs to go with the three sets I got!!!

By the way how is MOC pronounced? Is it M-O-C or 'mok'? I have no idea!!! :tongue:

I'll be at the BrickExpo this Sunday in Canberra.

That's pretty much sums it up,

Cheers,

Nice intro, welcome to EB BrickTango. Glad to hear you've come out of your Dark Ages. Hope you enjoy the site.

And MOC? I think it's pronounced 'mok'. What's the use of abbreviating it as MOC if it's just going to be pronounced as M-O-C right?. default_classic.gif

Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I believe that it is pronounced "Mock" or "Mok" ;D

HI BrickTango

And a welcome to you also.

I live near Wollongong NSW, Where are you located?

I will be in Canberra for Brickexpo, hope to meet some fellow collectors, builders there.

I see you got 3 of the modular buildings recently, which ones did you get?

Cheers

Brettbrick

Welcome BrickTango. Glad to see another AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO) emerging out from your "Dark Age". Yes, that's what we called it when we slipped into that era that doesn't involve the strong interest of LEGO. It appears you are also from Australia, and is also heading for the BrickExpo in Canberra like our new member, BrettBrick. I am sure you will have a fun time at the expo. :thumbup:

Welcome and enjoy the boards. :classic:

I pronounce it as M-O-C, cause it's short for 'my own creation'. :laugh:

Nice intro, welcome to EB BrickTango. Glad to hear you've come out of your Dark Ages. Hope you enjoy the site.

default_classic.gif

Thank you! I am spending more time here than I should!!!

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Cheers! :classic:

HI BrickTango

And a welcome to you also.

I live near Wollongong NSW, Where are you located?

I will be in Canberra for Brickexpo, hope to meet some fellow collectors, builders there.

I see you got 3 of the modular buildings recently, which ones did you get?

Thank you! I live in Canberra so attending is a must! :laugh: I got the Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. I have dark hair, a goatie and will probably spend a lot of time taking photos of the displays with my iphone. Say hi if you notice an idiot with glasses with an iphone in his hand clicking away!!! *huh*

Welcome BrickTango. Glad to see another AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO) emerging out from your "Dark Age". :thumbup:

Thanks WhiteFang, my best mate lives in Singapore. I hope to visit him at some stage, I'll ask you where it would be good to visit LEGO vise closer to the time!

Welcome!

Have fun! :classic:

Cheers Milan :sweet:

Welcome and enjoy the boards. :classic:

Thank you! :classic:

Thanks WhiteFang, my best mate lives in Singapore. I hope to visit him at some stage, I'll ask you where it would be good to visit LEGO vise closer to the time!

Sure things. You are only a pm away to find out more, but please note that Singapore LEGO sets are not that affordable unlike our US counterparts.

I will keep an eye out, I will be taking photos also with a SLR camera, and have my 4 YO daughter along side.

I am 6ft and waer glasses too.

Hey BrickTango, welcome to the Eurobricks fansite! Maybe one day they'll change it to "Worldbricks"... we're not all "Euros" :hmpf_bad: . Haha anyway, enjoy the Brick Expo. As for MOC... I've always pronounced it by its respective letters, "M"-"O"-"C". But then, I'm just one guy :classic: . Enjoy the site, and if you ever find out the real answer to that question, let us know.

Cheers!