Sign in to follow this  
LAKAbricks

Winter Village: Tram Stop (contest entry)

The Winter Village Market is a busy place. Minifigs from all over the town are coming to enjoy all the stalls with mulled wine, pretzels and other delicious stuff. And of course all the good offers. The children have fun riding the carrousels and ferris wheels, and are amazed by trains and landscapes showed by the local LUG.

All day long, the trams bring the minifigs to and from the market place. I think someone has been doing some shopping at the Grand Emporium today. And look! Look who's coming to town...

11663720655_86bf8f0581_o.jpg

Flickr

11663718265_ace678c9d3_o.jpg

Flickr

11663719585_71fda31e2c_o.jpg

Flickr

11663720235_878595ddb9_o.jpg

Flickr

11664074204_a6ce55b099_o.jpg

Flickr

Great idea and perfectly executed!! Despite the small size, the tram design is spot on (we have similar trams here both electric and horse drawn versions and at Christmas they operate special Santa Trams which look just like this!!)

Excellent work!

Thanks for the kinds words, to all of you.

Greg3, the tram was originally two studs longer, but I had to shorten it a bit to fit the allowed size of 16 studs. I can only say, I am quite happy with the result, too. I did not try to build a certain kind of tram, just to find the style of how a WV tram would look like.

It's the first tram MOC, I have made. It won't survive for long, as I had to cannibalize other models. But later on, I will give it a try again. My future town will have a light rail, so a museum tram will be just great.