Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Captain's Last Stand

indexed.gif

EdibleDoorKnob has posted this Pirate vignette on Brickshelf:

edibledoorknob_laststand.jpg

The Imperial captain has been pursued by the pirates up the mast, but fortunately he has his trusty pistols!

With rigging on all four sides, this is a nicely choreographed scene *y*

Folder

Edited by phred

A very nice MOC, with great poses, lighting and it is also very unique! :-)

Though if their was ever a a perfect situation in which to use the 2 sided screaming minifig head, this has to be it!

Thanks for sharing this with us, SlyOwl!

Though if their was ever a a perfect situation in which to use the 2 sided screaming minifig head, this has to be

I thought just that, but what pirate hat fully covers the back of the head? Hair? A bandana maybe, but you'de have an eye showing! X-D

It's well posed and a very nce little scene, but I'm not sure about the two pistols, he's only got two shots then he's dead. Unless that's the point to represent the futility of the human strugle? ;)

I thought just that, but what pirate hat fully covers the back of the head? Hair? A bandana maybe, but you'de have an eye showing! X-D

You're right, but I suppose one needn't take photos showing the back of his head anyway really. :-/

That's one cool scene you found SlyOwl.

Very dramatic. Not sure about the 4 shrouds. But it certainly adds to the dramitic-ness.

A camera and some potc III music would make a wonderful dramatic video.

Dramatic on!

But how can you climb on top and the same time, hold flintlock guns in both hands? There's no holsters or pockets.. *wacko*

I think some people are taking this scene a little to seriously, it is like something out of a cheesy film where logic is replaced with random fighting scenes! X-D

I think some people are taking this scene a little to seriously, it is like something out of a cheesy film where logic is replaced with random fighting scenes! X-D

hmm.. I'm assuming you meant me :-D I like vignettes, but you could make them more funnier, if they are realistic IMO. For example, one pirate could use his cutlass to cut the rope and other one falls.. or if they are fighting each other bare-handed etc.

hmm.. I'm assuming you meant me :-D I like vignettes, but you could make them more funnier, if they are realistic IMO. For example, one pirate could use his cutlass to cut the rope and other one falls.. or if they are fighting each other bare-handed etc.

I'm inclined to agree; I didn't post this because it was a superb vignette, but because it has a lot of potential for humour or deeper meaning ;-)

I'm not sure about the two pistols, he's only got two shots then he's dead. Unless that's the point to represent the futility of the human strugle? ;)

I think you're reading a little too much into it... X-D

That's a grood vingette! I personally like the idea of a superhuman Imperial Officer fending off an army of underfed pirates. Perhaps the pistols are magic? Magic pistols found only... In The Twilight Zone *Twilight Zone Theme plays*