Sign in to follow this  
mikey

The Bone House

indexed.gif

This is my interpretation of an Early Neolithic mortuary structure. The post holes of these structures are often found underneath various types of barrows and cairns, they were likely used for excarnation (where bodies are defleshed) as part of a burial process.

5767581169_ccca06d940_z.jpg

5767581165_bcb143dd46_z.jpg

5767581161_81a4bb88cd_z.jpg

5767581157_c7f093ec83_z.jpg

Lovely MOC, great representation of the 'house'. You've done the landscaping really well, and nice use of the caveman too. The pictures are very crisp and well taken; good work.

:thumbup:

I like this as well. It's very well balanced, and looks convincing. The construction of the roof is nicely done. :thumbup:

Now yr making me want to watch Time Team! :laugh: Great little vig, and one of the best uses of the caveman that i've seen to date. :thumbup:

Thanks for the positive comments guys, this went through several revisions before I was content with it. I have a real interest in prehistory, and in particular this period in time, when people moved their subsistence strategy from a 'Gatherer-Hunter' to being a 'Farmer'. I have a few more prehistoric Lego ideas, but its difficult (but good fun trying!) to make them convincing.

This is pretty cool. I like anything bone related. Speaking of bones, the bone the caveman is running away with is HUGE! surely that's not from a person? :tongue:

Nice MOC.