Sign in to follow this  
MarkoZorec

[HELP] Motorizing a Set

Hello...

I just saw this

where a guy have motorized the 60104 airplane...

My two boys have a lot of Lego sets, but only 60051 and 60052 are motorized (trains)... As they are bigger, now it's time to go on from all those City, Ninjago, StarWars and other sets to Technic and Power Functions. The truth is, I don't have any experiences with Power Functions. Is there any understandable in-depth guide for beginners, which explains all Power Functions bricks available now in 2016? You know, to be able to motorize different sets o my own...:)

Back to the first question, I will be glad, if someone have ay idea how to motorize that airplane...

Thanx,

Marko

Edited by MarkoZorec

The best I think is the unofficial Lego builders guide from sariel. It doesn't only cover pf but general mechanics as well and comes with quite handy information how to build

Thanx...

Can you tell me please also which parts are inside 8293 set exactly? Is it better/cheaperto buy those packeges rather than buy averything alone? Which are the essential parts from Power Functions to buy first?

Thanx again...

Marko

Hello,

Here I have made a chart of available PF parts as 2016, as I saw in member LXF post...

Is that chart OK? I have missed out some things (second version of receiver, rechargable battery box and car base)...

https://www.dropbox....S 2016.jpg?dl=0

Question: Why are Mindstorms partts not included in that category? Are in Mindstorms all parts different from that PF parts?

Thank you...

Edited by MarkoZorec

Mindstorms are very different. Mindstorms is a separate set with motors, sensors and a "brain", which you can program to make it do whatever you want it to do.

Just have a look at Youtube, people have made amazing things with Mindstorms.

Thanx, I know, so far I decided for the next order with my 6andhalf years twins (we are all crazy about Lego, including me):

1. Duplo (age 2-3)

2. City, Creator, Ninjago and all other licensed Legos (age 3-6)

3. Technics and Power Functions (here we are now)

4. Mindstorms - we will buy those later of course...

Thanx... I see there are different parts in Mindstorms which I suppose are not selling individually?

Marko

When you want to build with Mindstorms, I would suggest buying the actual set in stores, it will come with everything you need.

Keep in mind it is a very expensive set, but I doubt ordering all Mindstorms components separately is cheaper.

i woul agree... i was just thinking if one component fail over time...:)

i woul agree... i was just thinking if one component fail over time...:)

There exist Customer Service they replace parts if they break, normally for free

Mindstorms are very different. Mindstorms is a separate set with motors, sensors and a "brain", which you can program to make it do whatever you want it to do.

Just have a look at Youtube, people have made amazing things with Mindstorms.

Also note that Mindstorms uses a different connector & cable system than Power Functions. They are not compatible electrically.