Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk STX

[K - B05] Marphacia Musings

Tags: Kawashita, Marphacia, Airplane, Spaceship, Military

I think I may be getting noticed!

During my tour on Sorn, I managed to locate a MANTIS convoy and wound up shooting down two planes and sinking a transport (all in fine style, of course!). Then Aera came in with her Hiryu and, well, there wasn’t much left. So it seems that things are improving…

Now, I’m flying recon over Marphacia in a Zephyr interceptor. The Peregrine was a great ride with firepower, but this little puppy handles like nobody’s business! It may not be packing as much of a punch, but with twin phase pulse blasters and two 11-shot “Pepperbox” mini-missile launchers, I can hit pretty hard and then split in a hurry, calling in some bigger guns if needed. Now I just need to find some Bugs to swat!

3-01_zpsita5ffha.jpg

Marphacia. Primarily jungle and swamps. Hot, sticky, nasty. Man, God bless the drivers and explorers like Commander Turtle, Mister S, and Dragonfire. Why they would want to hike around in the mud and humidity while avoiding nasties that want to grab, slime, sting, and chomp a bite out of your bottom is beyond me. Nope. Give me the wide-open expanse of space or sky, the unrestricted freedom of flight. But, I will help those mud-marchers out as much as I can…

3-02_zpswjywmi6o.jpg

All right! Kawashita really needs to address the issue of safety! These techs are unbelievable! They should know not to hit the suction function on the fuel cart when the hose is detached and there’s somebody near it! I mean, really? The fact that the guy nearly fell to the floor laughing didn’t help, either.

3-03_zpstno0rtum.jpg

3-04_zps39pz5mvy.jpg

3-05_zps0el1wwsa.jpg

3-06_zpsakmybm2a.jpg

3-07_zpsxqfdgdfn.jpg

3-08_zps7aqnwxwe.jpg

This one was fun! I like the small, compact builds I’ve been seeing and decided to try another one myself. It is a rather simple build, but I like how it turned out. I’m really pleased with the missile launchers. They work better than I had hoped. Just wish I had a different color for the engine thrusters so that they would stand out more.

You'd think Kawashita is still hazing you. You could always switch over to MANTIS. We won't haze you here :laugh:

Hahaha! :laugh::thumbup: I don't think Aera had anything to do with this one. :innocent:

Cool little build! I like the missile racks and it has a nice profile. I'm glad, given your outings so far, that you've finally decided to don a helmet! Problem is, most of your trouble seems to be outside the plane. :wink:

Nice vehicles and fun fig posing once again. I wanted to ask, though, if you had the pieces to do more textured terrain? If not, that's cool, but it would help bring your MOCs up a notch.

Nice ship! Starting to look forward to seeing what misadventures happen next week...

Nice vehicles and fun fig posing once again. I wanted to ask, though, if you had the pieces to do more textured terrain? If not, that's cool, but it would help bring your MOCs up a notch.

Man, I wish I did... My collection is still limited, and that impacts what I can do, considering the only color I have less than green is medium blue. Still, I think you're right. I should have used what I do have to spice up the plate. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. Thanks for the advice! :sweet:

You'd think Kawashita is still hazing you. You could always switch over to MANTIS. We won't haze you here :laugh:

Thanks, but I'll stay where I am. I'm sure that in the near future the problem will be... taken care of. :devil: Stay tuned!

Hahaha! :laugh::thumbup: I don't think Aera had anything to do with this one. :innocent:

Cool little build! I like the missile racks and it has a nice profile. I'm glad, given your outings so far, that you've finally decided to don a helmet! Problem is, most of your trouble seems to be outside the plane. :wink:

Ugh. No kidding! But I expect the situation will be resolved... soon. :devil_laugh:

Nice ship! Starting to look forward to seeing what misadventures happen next week...

Thank you! Hope I can keep 'em coming!

Fun story! That's a lot of missiles! :grin:

Lol! Yes, but they're mini-missiles, rather small with a low explosive yield. Still, ten to twenty of them at once can do some damage...