F0NIX

[MOC] Benny's Spacetrain Spacetrain SPACETRAIN!

Hello, long time since I have posted something in Eurobricks at all. And this subforum is not the place I visit too often...

But anyways, I have bought the LEGO set 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! and it was a fun build and I like the model. It was my brother that had many LEGO set from the space theme, I was more of the Technic guy in my childhood. But I still like the classic space theme.

About a week from now the "LEGO Build The Change" event will start in many cities in Norway. Here in my town we are a few members of Brikkelauget that will have a little exhibition with diffrent MOC's and original LEGO sets. The theme for this year is Transport and Communication. So a big spaceport with classic space is going to be a part of the exhibition. To keep small fingers from small visitors away from our models it is very nice to have a train running around on a track on the outside where the models are.

So what kind of train goes outside a spaceport? And what kind of bricks did I have to make this? It had to be in the Classic Space colors, but I don't have much trans yellow except what was in the 70816 set. So then I set the challenge for myself: make a train out of the parts from only that set. I only added train wheels, PF trainmotor, PF receiver and a PF batterybox.

And a few hours later this was the result:

15083898808_aed620de30_z.jpg

More pictures can bee seen here:

It has a very low Q-value to be a creation from me. Especially the front part is not very secure.

I hope you like the creation :)

I think that is pretty dam cool! I like how you made it just from the parts, and I think it looks like it would happily fit in a classic space spaceport =D

The pipes out the side, and the 2 engines on the rear look in place as a means of power/thrust which is carried off well, and the front section is designed nice and sleek!

One thing though... I do wonder how you could potentially make carriages for it and what they would look like? :P

I agree- that looks fantastic, but could use from additional cars for full play value. I mean, it certainly doesn't need them, but might be a nice transition in height from the front to the engine car(s) and it would make it all the more awesome!

Also, if there were a few passenger wagons, SpaceKitty would make a most entertaining Conductor! :sweet:

This is awesome. Not sure what I prefer to imagine: billions of miles of space-track connecting planets, or some sort of quantum construction of track immediately in front of the train as it travels.

Thanx for the comments!

I see this vehicle more like a one-seater sportcar. Its not a cargo hauler or passenger transport. It's just for fun that Benny like driving around in circles and using fuel :D