Sign in to follow this  
sm1995

sm1995's Ideas Thread

Hi everyone,

Since a lot of my projects go unfinished I thought it would be a good idea for me to start an ideas thread where I post random things I build that I think are cool.

I'd like to kick off with a flappy paddle system I developed to be used in my next MOC (if it ever gets finished! :cry_sad: ). Goal was to build a clean, reliable and sturdy system with rubber bands hidden from sight. Uses Eurobricks member Didumos69's ingenious 90° limiter.

27453903430_3b39c87541_c.jpgPaddle-Shift System by Shu, on Flickr

27453903240_eb6d68ec7b_c.jpgPaddle-Shift System by Shu, on Flickr

It looks really very good. Video and instructions or LXF would be perfect. I'm interested to build it... Thank you. :*

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Because the steering wheel is at an angle, it looks way better than the one in the Porsche. Nice! :classic:

I don't have the Porsche (yet). Are are there any functional differences between this one and the Porsche's one, or does it do exactly the same (just in a different way)?

Thanks guys!

It looks really very good. Video and instructions or LXF would be perfect. I'm interested to build it... Thank you. :*

Max

I can try to build an LXF file, but I'm a complete newb at LDD. I'll do a video next week since I'm out for the weekend. :)

I don't have the Porsche (yet). Are are there any functional differences between this one and the Porsche's one, or does it do exactly the same (just in a different way)?

Well, if by functionality you mean pulling a paddle to rotate an axle by 90 degrees, yes it has the same functionality :) But it works differently, using one knob-wheel and bionicle teeth. ( Porsche's uses 3 knob-wheels, and works on a different principle)

Edited by sm1995

Video's up! I got my sister to operate it so you can see it being used by someone who's inexperienced with Legos, and you can be sure I'm not babying it to look better than it actually is :devil: :devil: :wink:

Edited by sm1995

Thank you,

I replicated the visible part on friday and I needed to see it from the bottom. The parts around bionicle teeth. Can you make a photo from the bottom? Thanx :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

wow, looks awesome! someone with the porsche should integrate it! I might build it for fun as well...

Thanks MRP_ !

I cannot take pictures of it now because it's already inside another sub assembly as of now, but I'll learn my way through LDD ( doesnt seem difficult at all) and post a file soon.

This would also allow a direct connection of the steering wheel to the steering rack > much reduced slack

Edited by nicjasno