Sign in to follow this  
patrickig

Is this possible? Lego Truck Palfinger

Hello guys, my name is Patrick, and i am from Brazil, im 22 years old and a Lego fan, what is weird because the prices of lego sets there, is like 3x more than other countries... I need some opinions, if is possible to make a setup to make a MOC like this Photo:

1-Palfinger-Den6-gran.jpg

Basically it will be a truck with some crane like Palfinger, 8x4 with stabilizers and Pf System. But like i said, in Brazil a Lego Set is too expensive, so i dont have many pieces. What i already have, is 2x 8285 Sets. 4x actuators, 2x new differential, 3x M, 1x XL, 2x Ir receivers (one with 1 way out burned, so it only control 1 motor) and Battery Box/ LIPO Battery. Planning to buy another IR receiver, and the 42009, so i will have another motor and 5 functions motorized to control.

My Project is make a Gearbox System Like Pipasseyoyo did on his Transport Truck, my plan was making outriggers like OG_TECHNIC did on his truck, 42009 system ( http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104619 ), so we have 9 functions on the truck with 5 motors, my plan was making a crane with 1 M motor inside of turntable and battery/ir receiver (thinking on a 9V battery and 1 IR Receiver turning in a compact desing), 2 axles by the turntable for control 2 actuators, and a way like this:

17698077593_a5cceea878_z.jpgPROJECT by Alaumir Mainardes

With this system, you cant operate the crane, driving the truck because the M motor that control the gearbox, will make the outriggers go down/up.

So there is the big Question, is this possible using only a 42009 for the gearbox and palfinger crane? The truck will be design like the Scania P93, the Structure i did is like this, just a scrappy chassis only for know the size of the truck in the scale 1:17 +/- (lego wheels):

18131996499_21eba67caf_b.jpgIMG_20150531_170417336 by Alaumir Mainardes

17695583574_268200212f_b.jpgIMG_20150531_170352100 by Alaumir Mainardes

17697554283_5ca3aa06df_b.jpgIMG_20150531_170407070 by Alaumir Mainardes

18130463670_2b4bdf8402_b.jpgIMG_20150531_170358366 by Alaumir Mainardes

Sorry for the bad english, and the dumb questions, but i need to know if its possible to make it, for buy it. Thank you guys.

Yeah mate, you can make a truck mounted crane and the required gearbox with 42009, I'm currently working on a similar project that is a 10x6 tractor unit with a truck mounted crane. It's going to be a bit of a struggle to implement two extending sections into a 1:17 scale truck. Good luck on your building, can't wait to see the end product :classic:

Edited by Kiwi_Builder

Yeah mate, you can make a truck mounted crane and the required gearbox with 42009, I'm currently working on a similar project that is a 10x6 tractor unit with a truck mounted crane. It's going to be a bit of a struggle to implement two extending sections into a 1:17 scale truck. Good luck on your building, can't wait to see the end product :classic:

I saw your project, and enjoy it alot. Its like what i want to create... Your stabilizers system is what i need on this truck... Its like the real one. And what about your crane, do you have more pics of it?? I like your design, its 8258 based??

It looks like Patrickig has one half of the truck and Kiwi has the other half haha. Anyway I love these kinds of trucks, they are complex, but fun to build. I am looking forward to seeing this MOC grow.

I saw your project, and enjoy it alot. Its like what i want to create... Your stabilizers system is what i need on this truck... Its like the real one. And what about your crane, do you have more pics of it?? I like your design, its 8258 based??

Yeah it is 8258 based and I can put up some new photos with the project update soon :classic:

Hi,

I realised a similar Moc some years ago:

I hope this can help you. I only use one PFS m motor and this Moc wasn't IR controled

Edited by steph77

Um brasileiro... Até que enfim. Sempre acompanho o Eurobricks apreciando projetos. Você é de onde aqui? Muito bom seu plano e boa sorte. Abraço.

Bem vindo ao Eurobricks! Welcome to eurobricks! Difícil mesmo comprar aqui, tudo muito caro :/. Eu tento comprar enquanto estou viajando, mais barato desse jeito. Sets in Brazil are ridiculously expensive, I understand the struggle to get parts. There are many builds here that can help you get started with some ideas, I'm sure this will turn out great if you work hard for it. Boa sorte! Good luck!

Edited by Coola1