I've been working on building up an army of elves, using Elrond from the Witch-King Battle set, and some slightly customized helmets from the Atlantis theme. I think they look pretty solid form-wise, but haven't painted them yet, so they're clearly in-progress.

Even in their not-done state, I think the effect of a dozen of them together is pretty cool, so I wanted to share/get feedback. It might be a better question for the Minifig customization forum, but does anyone know a good paint to get close to pearl gold? Need to track that down to finish these :)

17006008499_a5d0b9c113_c.jpgUntitled by bricklearth, on Flickr

16569725144_75bb88eecf_c.jpg by bricklearth, on Flickr

16984742457_804ccc52c3_c.jpg by bricklearth, on Flickr

These guys look great....and expensive to make. Can't wait to see them finished! :wink:

They're not *that* bad - bricklink, plus some patience :sweet:

Fantastic work!!!!!

Thanks! The helmet hack is not an original idea, although I cannot for the life of me remember where I first saw it.

I built an Elven army, which resembled the LOTR High Elves, but yours are dead on. How many you intend to have? I know they can be quite expensive.

Brilliant :wub:

One of the best elven armies I've ever seen. Especially the helmet looks awesome :thumbup:

How many you intend to have? I know they can be quite expensive.

2-3 dozen. A fair few, but not a really giant number the way some folks do :)

Very good Elven army - are they really not finished?

The helmets are a kind of gold-black speckle right now, plus the underlying black is exposed from where I trimmed the parts. I want to paint them to match pearl gold, but haven't been able to figure out a good color match yet. But shape-wise they're done :)

I've been working on building up an army of elves, using Elrond from the Witch-King Battle set, and some slightly customized helmets from the Atlantis theme. I think they look pretty solid form-wise, but haven't painted them yet, so they're clearly in-progress.

Have you seen my new Second Age Elven Helmets? What do you think about?