Sign in to follow this  
Christian

The new kk2 sets on Ebay

A seller on Ebay have 8874, 8875, 8876 and 8877 for sale!

The prices are'nt that bad compared to danish prices.

Here is the links:

Wah!!! Howd he get those?!?

Do you like them?

For me, the model design is pretty much ok.

And I don't know where he got them, but it is available on amazon.com.

Let's have a look (no pics though):

Battle Wagon (8874)

King's Seige Tower (8875)

Scorpion Prison Cave (8876)

And last, but not least (in fact, it's the biggest set)...

Valdek's Fortress (8877)

I also wanted to note the jacked up prices on the Ebay items... :|

I also just wanted to mention that as for now, Amazon.com in partnership with Toys 'R' Us.com is the best place to look for new, unreleased LEGO sets. So look there and you might find a surprise. ;)

Besides, the above sets were on the amazon.com website about 1 or 2 weeks ago...you just have to loook more carefully... :)

THANK GOD FOR AMAZON.COM!!! :-D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...v=glance&s=toys

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...v=glance&s=toys

The new designer sets, as well.  No Dino Attack or Vikings, though.

I'll order the dark fortress on June 1st, when I get paid.  Should be fun - biggest castle ever!

Don't forget to let us in on your insights, Bloody Jay ;)

And I'm thinking of getting one of those designer sets...seems interesting....

I forgot to check amazon.com first. sorry.

i thought someone would mention it if they had the sets.

(Approximately C $201.19) What are C dollars?

Still too expensive! If I were collecting castle I'd wait till the surge of impatient buyers came along and bought up the sets, then just as the surge was coming to an end I'd prey on unsuspecting sellers who weren't aware of this and get the set for around half price...

(Approximately C $201.19)  What are C dollars?

Still too expensive!  If I were collecting castle I'd wait till the surge of impatient buyers came along and bought up the sets, then just as the surge was coming to an end I'd prey on unsuspecting sellers who weren't aware of this and get the set for around half price...

C dollars = Canadian dollars (And since the link was from www.ebay.ca, the "ca" stands for Canada's domain name in connecting to the internet.)

Nice tactic there Mr. Phes... :-D

I see you have much experience with Ebay buying... ;)

early release are common in Canada. i was able to purchase wookie attack in march there. Of course i didn't buy it since it's ugly :P

Its nice to know that these babies are now available... although I won't be buying any... unless they are on SUPER-CLEARANCE ;)

Its back to collecting the Classics on eBay & Bricklink... :D

Life is Good.

Well, I bought Wild Hunters at Toys R Us today. It's pretty good - lots of good parts, especially tan. I still hate those clicky KK2 joints they use for Designer sets - they're so bulky and useless. It's hard to cover them up, too. But I absolutely adore the 1x1x2/3 slopes in dark stone gray. I'm using them for the front steps of my latest project!

I'm ordering the Dark Fortress tonight. If I can wrangle it, it'll be fast shipping - I hope to get it by Friday or Saturday!

I also just wanted to mention that as for now, Amazon.com in partnership with Toys 'R' Us.com is the best place to look for new, unreleased LEGO sets. So look there and you might find a surprise. ;)

Besides, the above sets were on the amazon.com website about 1 or 2 weeks ago...you just have to loook more carefully... :)

THANK GOD FOR AMAZON.COM!!! :-D

Yeah, Amazon is great, I remember before the release of the EP3 sets I found the ARC and Clone tank there on sale, with free shipping, that was the coolest find ever! ;)

C dollars = Canadian dollars (And since the link was from www.ebay.ca, the "ca" stands for Canada's domain name in connecting to the internet.)

Nice tactic there Mr. Phes... :-D

I see you have much experience with Ebay buying... ;)

Thank you Mr Bidur!

I was wondering what the .ca stood for. I had a complete mental blank. For a moment I thought California? Uhhh... That's not a courtry with its own currency.

Anyways, I've used that tactic a few times to score the Pirate re-releases and Legend. As I recall I got an Armarda Flagship MISB for half price. Some sellers just don't know they're doing... I love those sellers...

True.

But sometimes the bargains on Amazon are much better than the ones in the other online stores. Trust me. I know. I have done a lot of comparison shopping lately. :-D

Alas laddies, I do be not possessing a credit card so therefore I cannot purchase from Amazon so I have no Amazon experience whatsoever... :(

Well I live outside of the US so Amazon is definitly not a good thing for me. I just keep drooling at the rebates without having a chance to get the sets

Stick to eBay laddie! You'll find sets much closer to home there and that'll drastically reduce postage costs. Unless of course you live in a remote part of the world where there aren't many sets on the eBay market. Although, I must say I live in a fairly obscure part of the world where one would not suspect to find much LEGO. Yet me, and my LEGO dealer who lives close by have managed to acquire the entiretity of the Pirate theme (and Castle, Western, Paradisa and Adventurers, for him) locally... So there ya go...

Well I live outside of the US so Amazon is definitly not a good thing for me. I just keep drooling at the rebates without having a chance to get the sets

Jipay, isn't there Amazon everywhere?

Just look, there's:

~www.amazon.com (U.S.)

~www.amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom)

~www.amazon.ca (Canada)

~www.amazon.de (Germany)

~www.amazon.co.jp (Japan)

~www.amazon.at (Austria)

~www.amazon.fr (France)

But I don't know about the selection of products the sites, other than amazon.com and most of amazon.ca, becuase I don't know any of the languages. :P

P.S. Correct me on the locations if you see any mistakes, because I'm not sure on a couple of them...

I bought all these at Toys r' Us in Toronto yesterday.

The eBay seller is getting a tidy profit if he sells the items (which so far, he hasn't, because they are overpriced IMHO)

8877 sells for 139.99 Canadian, so the seller is asking for a premium of about 35% allowing for current exchange rates.

8877 box is HUGE! Will cost big bucks to ship.

The designer set with submarine is out too. That one is nice. 39.99 canadian

(Approximately C $201.19) What are C dollars?

Still too expensive! If I were collecting castle I'd wait till the surge of impatient buyers came along and bought up the sets, then just as the surge was coming to an end I'd prey on unsuspecting sellers who weren't aware of this and get the set for around half price...

that hasn't really happened with the big castle sets. They usually keep their value and lego practically never puts them on sale at S@H.

Even the lousy castles of hte last few years are still expensive to get new in box (not including shipping cost, which just adds).

My strategy is buy the biggie off the shelf, and wait for the littler ones to appear on eBay or S@H for extra parts, figs, etc.

Gyl

Sign in to follow this