Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

Bricklink and the CCBS

So I've been using Bricklink quite often since I got my debit card a couple of months ago. I love it, it's a fantastic service! But I've noticed something about how they list parts in the CCBS. They title the parts' entries as "Hero Factory XYZ", much like Technic parts are titled as "Technic XYZ". Now while it makes sense that this is the case (Hero Factory was the first CCBS line), I feel that now, the CCBS is much more universal than just being "the Hero Factory system" - especially now Hero Factory is (as far as can be foreseen) dead and gone. So in that case... Shouldn't CCBS parts be listed as "CCBS XYZ" now?

Well, I've contacted Bricklink through their helpdesk on this subject. Here's what I wrote:

15223437248_a413081f83_b.jpg

Do you guys agree with my sentiments? Or do you think I've gone overboard with my nerdiness?

Edited by LewiMOC

Brilliant idea. Let's hope they don't ignore you. Is Bricklink as elitist as Brickset is?

Brilliant idea. Let's hope they don't ignore you. Is Bricklink as elitist as Brickset is?

From my experience, Bricklink is worse. Everything is determined with sellers in mind, and as such I expect this to be ignored, since most sellers aren't going to know what "CCBS" means, and aren't going to want to learn a new way to categorize parts. It's the same reason (well, one of the reasons) as why BrickLink's color system is so flawed.

At the very least, I would hope that the new parts introduced in Bionicle will continue to be categorized as "Hero Factory", if only because the parts will be more consistent with that system and you won't have to alternate between both categories when looking at newer parts. But I doubt even that will be the case.

For them to change what they list them as, someone would need to actually be selling more than a handful of them.

Edited by Darth Vader

So... I got a reply!

15471603902_93afef58cb_o.png

Whaddya think?

EDIT: Oh, but it only continues! Maggie, one of the Catalog Admins, got in touch with me last night...

15289674600_330d934917_o.png

So, I have replied as such...

15289812868_88cb1f29a0_o.png

Edited by LewiMOC

Great work, Lewi. On the topic of BL - any good stores to recommend that ship internationally? Like I said, I'm planning to start BLing stuff soon. But since I live in Singapore, shipping is going to be troublesome and expensive.