chbenito

Color palette problems in LDD Brickset 1382

Ever since the new parts update, I've had a problem with the palette. Normally I work by selecting a color filter, but the palette is too big to display on my screen and doesn't seem to scroll in any way.

14205724343_19f0704ed3_c.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 9.00.42 AM by chbenito, on Flickr

I've poked around the various settings, but I can't find any way to limit the color options. Because of the way the palette displays, I don't have access to any of the common colors. I can still turn off the palette and select colors through the sub menu, but that will take some getting used to (and it runs slowly on my older computer).

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some way to work around it? I build in the basic mode (not extended).

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Superkalle
Made clearer topic title

If I rotate my display monitor 90 degrees, to portrait orientation, then I can see the entire palette, but this is not an option for many people, and it is a real PITA to work in portrait mode.

A simple fix, for the LDD development team, would be to have an option to turn off or display separately the legacy colors, or reverse the order in which the color categories are displayed.

It is a known problem, already discussed in the topic related to the new brickset (maybe some moderator or regulator will move this discussion there).

@JGW3000

A simple solution could be a scrollbar, or expandable categories. The chance to manually resize the panel could help too.

I think that the best way is to use the sidebar for both colours and decorations, not only bricks, templates and groups.

Edited by Calabar

I can still turn off the palette and select colors through the sub menu, but that will take some getting used to (and it runs slowly on my older computer).

That's the only workaround I found... So I stopped working on my current project :sceptic: