Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Even Davy Jone's henchman? If so then that's very cool! :pir-cry_happy:

Yes but its technically not another face, its a pattern I guess so he can have no face at all if you want.

I have A feeling we will have reviews for all of these sets before the official release date.

The € prices are pretty high. I had hopes for something more in PoP and not in SW range. (The bigger sets in PoP were very fairly priced!) Still, they look beautiful.

I don't have the resources to do an extensive review, but I'll post a some notes on London Escape, simply because there haven't been any.

-ALL the pieces are printed, including the hanging sign on the building and the painting of the ship(!!)

-The green carriage has a play feature that catapults figs off the roof of the carriage. The doors of the carriage swing open.

-The back of the wagon is built so it looks one way, but can rotate so it looks like it's on fire.

-On the lowest floor of the building there's some sort of door that opens behind where the barrels are stored. It's pretty sturdy and brick built, and according to the instructions has something to do with a play feature that has the barrels rolling out, as seen in the last trailer with the barrels rolling down the stairs.

-The figs are totally awesome. Gibbs is pretty much the wrong colors (though I know they made him the way they did so he wouldn't look like Jack), and has two expressions: scare and angry. But he looks like Gibbs. The soldier is the same as the '09 Pirates soldiers except for his hat, so I swapped it out so he'd fit better. The officer is great, but looks weird if you take off the baldric. The driver is somewhat weaker, in my opinion, but I didn't have his torso and any period dress is cool with me. His head is the same as Asoka from the PoP line. Jack is Jack. I don't like the hairpiece with the hat, and last night I figured out why; the hat is too wide from side to side. But because I had gotten a couple of other sets, I swapped it for the bandana piece and it's great.

-It took me a lot longer to build than I had thought. This set has a lot of different parts to the build, which I personally really enjoyed. There's the cool dark green carriage, the wagon, and the building (which is in two of the numbered bags.) It doesn't seem like much when it's all built though.

-The instructions did NOT have the cardboard backing, so they were a little folded up. Oddly enough, the only set the I bought that DID have it was Captain's Cabin, and I didn't even need the instructions to put it together.

EDIT: I actually thought of a comment on the Captain's Cabin, other than the ship-in-bottle, navigational chart and globe pieces are awesome; the Zombie Yeoman (LEGO's name, not mine) is not Flesh, like I had thought, but Medium Dark Flesh (or nougat, if you prefer). Which kind of makes him less useful for MOC's, as you can only use that head and those arms. His head IS double-sided, though, which is cool. The Zombie Gunner has printing on the back of his head, but since he's bald, it's not a face print.

Edited by punkkid364

Nice to know the London set has printed parts. That's one thing that annoyed me about the mill set...all the brick looking patterns are stickers and was kinda hard to put on straight around the windows.

Edited by prozac

I don't have the resources to do an extensive review, but I'll post a some notes on London Escape, simply because there haven't been any.

-ALL the pieces are printed, including the hanging sign on the building and the painting of the ship(!!)

-The green carriage has a play feature that catapults figs off the roof of the carriage. The doors of the carriage swing open.

-The back of the wagon is built so it looks one way, but can rotate so it looks like it's on fire.

-On the lowest floor of the building there's some sort of door that opens behind where the barrels are stored. It's pretty sturdy and brick built, and according to the instructions has something to do with a play feature that has the barrels rolling out, as seen in the last trailer with the barrels rolling down the stairs.

-The figs are totally awesome. Gibbs is pretty much the wrong colors (though I know they made him the way they did so he wouldn't look like Jack), and has two expressions: scare and angry. But he looks like Gibbs. The soldier is the same as the '09 Pirates soldiers except for his hat, so I swapped it out so he'd fit better. The officer is great, but looks weird if you take off the baldric. The driver is somewhat weaker, in my opinion, but I didn't have his torso and any period dress is cool with me. His head is the same as Asoka from the PoP line. Jack is Jack. I don't like the hairpiece with the hat, and last night I figured out why; the hat is too wide from side to side. But because I had gotten a couple of other sets, I swapped it for the bandana piece and it's great.

-It took me a lot longer to build than I had thought. This set has a lot of different parts to the build, which I personally really enjoyed. There's the cool dark green carriage, the wagon, and the building (which is in two of the numbered bags.) It doesn't seem like much when it's all built though.

-The instructions did NOT have the cardboard backing, so they were a little folded up. Oddly enough, the only set the I bought that DID have it was Captain's Cabin, and I didn't even need the instructions to put it together.

EDIT: I actually thought of a comment on the Captain's Cabin, other than the ship-in-bottle, navigational chart and globe pieces are awesome; the Zombie Yeoman (LEGO's name, not mine) is not Flesh, like I had thought, but Medium Dark Flesh (or nougat, if you prefer). Which kind of makes him less useful for MOC's, as you can only use that head and those arms. His head IS double-sided, though, which is cool. The Zombie Gunner has printing on the back of his head, but since he's bald, it's not a face print.

Could you upload some images of the London Escape ?¿ And this set brings the chrome gold new coins and ingots¿?

I was just at my local Toys R Us in Grand Rapids MI and they have many of the sets in stock. I picked up Isla De Muerta. Loads of treasure!

Nice to know, I'm in Michigan too, after law finals I hope to pick'em up. Hopefully they don't go out of stock before then.

Could you upload some images of the London Escape ?¿ And this set brings the chrome gold new coins and ingots¿?

Unfortunately they are not chrome like the box shows.

God to know they are showing up. They may be in the overpriced Toys R Us stores, but at least if you really want it, it's available. :pir-classic:

I just got the most recent LEGO Club magazine in the mail, and there is this short (and really lame) POTC comic at the first two pages of the magazine. At the end of the comic, it says 'Visit www.LEGOclub.com in July for another comic!' This makes me worry. Is it just saying the comic will be there, or does this have any connection to the release of the sets. I doubt it does, but it just kinda worries me a bit.

I just got the most recent LEGO Club magazine in the mail, and there is this short (and really lame) POTC comic at the first two pages of the magazine. At the end of the comic, it says 'Visit www.LEGOclub.com in July for another comic!' This makes me worry. Is it just saying the comic will be there, or does this have any connection to the release of the sets. I doubt it does, but it just kinda worries me a bit.

No need to worry, the sets are already showing up in stores, the official release is someone in May.

No need to worry, the sets are already showing up in stores, the official release is someone in May.

Ya, I didn't think it would affect the release, but I believe that the release is tomorrow, unless that flyer that was released tells lies.

Lies? No.

A typo? Perhaps.

I called three Lego Stores yesterday and I'm assuming they issued a notice because they all said the same thing, give or take: the "April 16th" on the Store Calendar flyer was a typo. The Lego Stores in my area (Southern California) get their shipments on Monday so, if they WERE going to have them available for sale on April 16th, they would have them already. Which they do not.

But two of the three stores I called suggested trying back on Monday because if the sets arrive in-store on that day, they are sometimes authorized to sell them early, especially if other stores (I'm looking at YOU, Toys-R-Us) have them for sale, too.

So take this info as you will - if your Lego Store gets its shipments later in the week than mine, you very well might be able to purchase them on April 16th, but I heartily recommend you give the store a call before heading over there.

- J

Like I said, I don't have the ability to take pictures of it that I feel would do the sets justice. I'm sure that someone will post a bunch of pictures and a full review in the next few days. The coins and ingots in both London Escape and Isla de Muerta are pearl gold (the coins are all marked 10, as far as I can tell.)

I just wonder that this 13th of April is the release date for Lego branded stores and 1st of May is for everyone else ? (just a thought) :pir-wink:

Hmmm, I wonder if in Darling Harbour they might have them next week, Sydney AFOL's stand up ! :pir-grin:

Keep on sailing on the high seas ! :pir-grin:

I can walk over to check, or I suppose a phone call is just as good. "Darling Harbour" actually sounds like a good name for a POTC set itself! Possibly a MOC in the making...

But does this little kiosk shop actually get any early releases? Last time I was there, its rather small shelves were mainly filled with boxes upon boxes of Atlantis sets. The kiosk shop is next to the Sydney Aquarium, so I guess they feel that's the best place to sell Atlantis...

Maybe they'll just sell POTC 4194 Whitecap Bay. They have a BIG mermaid in the aquarium, right?!

5622865659_734cf34a06.jpg

It's possible e the aquarium being owned by the LEGO consortium puts them on an early release schedule, but I feel they're more likely to turn up early in either the store-within-a-store places like Myer in Melbourne, or at a retailer who habitually breaks embargoes for putting them out on the shelves.

This may be what Toys R Us have done? Jumped the gun as soon as they got their shipment. Coincidentally, Toys R Us (in Sydney) was where I picked up Harry Potter about a week before the other dept stores - Myer, Target, David Jones - had them.

Here's hoping for an April Aussie release.

The sets look pretty good, but the figures are my fav part of this line. Not sure weather I will buy QAR as it has far less moccing appeal then London escape or Whitecap. I expect I will get some doubles of those sets. But there's no rush, as bricklink orders of dark brown and turquoise tiles are more important right now :)

Just ordered Captain's Cabin for $15 on bricklink so I can use the globe in my moc.

Edited by mobricki

Somebody can upload photos of the new sets ?¿

I'm having QAR and Whitecap Bay sent via Express Mail from the States, although I think there are alreay pictures/reviews of them already up, but i'll get pics up if no one has done so by the time they arrive, although I think thats highly unlikely

I'm having QAR and Whitecap Bay sent via Express Mail from the States, although I think there are alreay pictures/reviews of them already up, but i'll get pics up if no one has done so by the time they arrive, although I think thats highly unlikely

There's been a few photos of the QAR, but not a full review. If you want to do a review for it, I strongly encourage it!

Has there been any sightings of these sets in UK shops? And has there been a list of UK prices yet, because I can only remember seeing a US one.

There's been a few photos of the QAR, but not a full review. If you want to do a review for it, I strongly encourage it!

I will do if it hasn't been done by the time they arrive :thumbup:

Has there been any sightings of these sets in UK shops? And has there been a list of UK prices yet, because I can only remember seeing a US one.

As far as I know there is nothing in any UK stores, certainly not here in Edinburgh anyways :pir-hmpf: hence spending a fortune on shipping from the states :pir_laugh2: stupid I know as it will be out really soon, but I just couldn't wait the inner child was screaming like a kid in a candy store to get em asap!

Ya, I didn't think it would affect the release, but I believe that the release is tomorrow, unless that flyer that was released tells lies.

The of official release date and when things show up at Toys R Us, are two separate things. My last LEGO catalog said May 2011, I can only assume that's when they will be available at shop @ home, but obviously they are already showing up at Toys R Us.