Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

1. This is not doable the four wheels cant fit in that space because the

blue pins cant go in as deep as needed 4185 wheel 4274 pin (the same is the black pins)

2. I can't find the the way to do this in LDD also. Is it legal building or not. I assume if it

not legal then it not printed in official building instruction.

Hi there Kristjan

Welcome to the LDD forum :classic:

Good find on number 1, haven't seen that error before (if you previous Tower Bridge builders allready have mentioned it, sorry). Number 2 is allready known, The problem is that the fence element is not modelled with any gaps in the lattice.

Hello all.

My first post, so take it a little but easier :)

Btw my i'm not very good at writing in english so there will be some mistakes.

I'm from Estonia. (38y old)

I started doing the new Tower Bridge 10214 and so far find 2 problems.

Things that is not possible to do using the LDD 4.0 but described in official

building guide.

1. This is not doable the four wheels cant fit in that space because the

blue pins cant go in as deep as needed 4185 wheel 4274 pin (the same is the black pins)

I'd also like to point out that you seem to be using the wrong color for tan. The official color should be listed as 5 Brick Yellow under the "brown" category. Thought it might be best to point that out before you brought that model to completion.

The 64647 plume piece won't fit in the 64644 telescope piece in the eyepiece end. :sceptic:

forestman hat still won't take feathers :cry_sad:

This one is interesting, because there seems to be a version of the 4506 Hunters hat that is not supposed to take a feather (I think). In BrickLlink there are these versions:

x106 - Minifig, Headgear Hat, Forestmen's

88489 - Minifig, Headgear Hat, Forestmen's (Reissue with Blind Hole for Feather)

So I'm wondering if the 4506 in LDD is supposed to the one with "blind hole" (what now that means) or not?

And an important note to all

Now that we got LDD4 and it's so easy to identify at parts number, please always insert a part number when you are reporting bugs and errors. Thanks :classic:

Dastan's 88290 'Minifig, Scabbard for Two Katanas' will not take his 30173 'Minifig, Weapon Sword, Shamshir (Square Guard)'.

Excellent updating. I very glad to occurrence of new details (especially to details Star Wars) It is glad to the tool flex tool. Already has constructed much that.

This one is interesting, because there seems to be a version of the 4506 Hunters hat that is not supposed to take a feather (I think). In BrickLlink there are these versions:

x106 - Minifig, Headgear Hat, Forestmen's

88489 - Minifig, Headgear Hat, Forestmen's (Reissue with Blind Hole for Feather)

So I'm wondering if the 4506 in LDD is supposed to the one with "blind hole" (what now that means) or not?

And an important note to all

Now that we got LDD4 and it's so easy to identify at parts number, please always insert a part number when you are reporting bugs and errors. Thanks :classic:

Nope. The first one you found on Bricklink is the classic version. The second is the new version from Collectible Minifigures Series 1. Both should be able to accept feathers or plumes.

Nope. The first one you found on Bricklink is the classic version. The second is the new version from Collectible Minifigures Series 1. Both should be able to accept feathers or plumes.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I just wonder how they could make such a blunder in the conversion from CAD-data to tessilated LDD geometries. But I guess we hardcore LDD fans have seen it all :classic:

The 64647 plume piece won't fit in the 64644 telescope piece in the eyepiece end. :sceptic:

Is this connection used in any official set?

As I said in the official sets topic, it is used in the Prince of Persia 7573 Battle Of Alamut set. I think it's probably used in at least one of the new Harry Potter sets too, from what I can remember.

A lot of recent sets actually (Battle of Alamut and Fight for the Dagger, just to name a few)

Steering gear part (32069) wont connect to beams, but it will connect to bricks with holes.

steeringgearbug.png

Edited by Zblj

The minifig legs still have long toe syndrome :tongue:

They've done something weird to the legs, which might be the cause of the slight confusion. They can now have a brick directly in front of them - the toes and legs are fine - but the hinged waist bit at the top of the pair of legs sticks out backwards too far. So you can put a single brick on the ground right behind the legs, then nothing on top of it.

Sort of looks like a rushed repair, by moving the holes in the feet but then not testing the whole piece.

I've just spotted something else. Part no 2517, "wall element with curve 3x4x6", seems to be very slightly too tall. It's difficult to show in a screenshot because the error is so tiny, but if you build a wall with any standard bricks then put part 2517 against it, then move the view around, you can see they don't match up and 2517's studs are too high. I've just noticed it because in this particular case it's stopping a piece from being able to fit. This closeup is an attempt to show it using different-coloured plates to make it clear:

legocurvewall.jpg

I hadn't noticed it before. Not sure if that means it's new to LDD4, or that I just hadn't noticed :classic:

Edited by headlessroland

They've done something weird to the legs, which might be the cause of the slight confusion. They can now have a brick directly in front of them - the toes and legs are fine - but the hinged waist bit at the top of the pair of legs sticks out backwards too far. So you can put a single brick on the ground right behind the legs, then nothing on top of it.

Sort of looks like a rushed repair, by moving the holes in the feet but then not testing the whole piece.

The way I understand it, a physical minifig torso is slightly "off-set" backwards relative the rear of the legs. I.e. with physcial bricks you cannot place a minifig with the back against a wall without bending him forwards a bit. Hence, the way it works now in LDD is actually correct and "in system".

I don't have any physical Lego to hand to test, but are you sure? I know if they're against a wall, you have to bend them forward because of the head, but I'm sure they stand up straight as long as just the head goes above the wall or can go into some form of recess? i.e. with the back of the legs and the back of the torso perfectly upright? (I'm ready to stand corrected, but I'm 99% sure...)

The difference in the position of the waist "studs" that go into the torso, between a sitting-down pair of legs and a standing-up pair, is huge - is there any chance somebody with the physical bricks could compare them against LDD? (e.g. standing vs sitting against some bricks.)

Also, I just experienced the bug a few people have mentioned, the one that tends to be referred to as a CTD, "crash-to-desktop", when games do it. LDD just closed on me when I typed "seat" into the search box, with a 20,000 piece town loaded. I'm glad I'd saved a few minutes before :sweet: It worked fine after reloading and selecting "free build" so perhaps it could be a memory issue?

I've found something very strange. You can put something in front of minifig toes if both the fig and the piece in front are connected to another piece, but it won't work if you do it straight on the ground.

curved and straight road plates do not let their painted parts line up

LDDScreenShot11324436523LargeSmall.png

I found that bug in the last version to. a small bug, but its annoying. easy to fix, no need for a patch i think.

Strange behaiver op part 4735 - Robot arm.

The alignment of the clip is not correct.

If you click it onto a bar, it is not straight. Angle is not 90°

If you connect it between 2 bars, the second bar is not vertical. Still it is possible to put several 4735 parts on top of each other. The clip end moves into the bar.

If you connect it between 2 bars which are fixed, it is still possible to put several 4735 parts on the bars

I wanted to make a panthograph, but the top bar is not aligned. Still LDD4 accepted it.

Error 001 - part 4735. LXF

error_001-1.png

error_001-2.png

error_001-3.png

error_001-4.png

error_001-5.png

error_001-6.png

error_001-7.png

Strange behaiver op part 4735 - Robot arm.

The alignment of the clip is not correct.

If you click it onto a bar, it is not straight. Angle is not 90°

If you connect it between 2 bars, the second bar is not vertical. Still it is possible to put several 4735 parts on top of each other. The clip end moves into the bar.

If you connect it between 2 bars which are fixed, it is still possible to put several 4735 parts on the bars

I wanted to make a panthograph, but the top bar is not aligned. Still LDD4 accepted it.

Wow, that is amazing. Not often we get that kind of serious brick geometry error reported! Good find! I'll send it in to the LDD guys.

Further to Bojan Pavsic's post earlier about the crash to desktop, and my post saying it did it when I tried to search for a piece, with a large file open.

It's just crashed again immediately after I started to type into the search field (a great addition to LDD, when it works!), with that same 20,000+ piece file open, but this time it did give error messages:

lddcrash1.jpg

followed by:

lddcrash2.jpg

and lastly:

lddcrash3.jpg

I don't know why the search would cause an error in the graphics driver. I know it's redrawing just the matching pieces, but still, it's always redrawing the pieces while I'm looking for the ones I want. Specs, in case it helps: Core 2 Duo E6600, Geforce 8800GTS 320MB, 2GB RAM, Windows XP.

Edited by headlessroland

I've found something very strange. You can put something in front of minifig toes if both the fig and the piece in front are connected to another piece, but it won't work if you do it straight on the ground.

Interesting!

I don't know why the search would cause an error in the graphics driver. Specs, in case it helps: Core 2 Duo E6600, Geforce 8800GTS 320MB, 2GB RAM, Windows XP.

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna support a 20,000 piece model. I have a similar system, and I can barely handle 10,000 pieces.